Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Danny Loader

by Sutekh » 16 May 2019 17:08

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Danny Loader

by Hendo » 16 May 2019 17:15

Wolves have got loads of money. £15m

Additionally, I am sure Football Insider 247 is a very credible source...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 May 2019 17:29

Pete O is credible. Not always right but often is

I’m not surprised and it would be a good move for him to a good club imo. And we’d take the money no doubts

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 May 2019 17:55

Would be a shame so early in his pro career.

Hopefully, our money-men hold their nerve, offsetting future value and the goals-to-come versus the lure/need of some fast cash.

Shouldn’t think that he’d feature much for them (league cup, early fa cup rounds maybe).

Maybe some kind of loan-back deal (and where his final selling price is based on his goals scored for us next season?)

His brother can play a bit of footy if sh1t comes to shove

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 May 2019 17:55

Unproven. If they're willing to pay that amount, take it.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 16 May 2019 18:25

If true, the best scenario would be for Wolves pay decent money and then loan him back so he can develop some more with us. Maybe this is part of finding the solutions to meet FFP that José keeps referring to. Decent upfront money, with an additional fee based on his performance with us next season. Kind of a win, win for both clubs and the player.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 May 2019 18:27

If 15 million is the price being thrown around. Though I like the kid we can keep rinhomota, buy Oliveira, and have a try at signing Martinez and Baker. (Or 2 players similar and a cb)

At the end of the day loader single handedly will not push us up the table but using the money on 3 signings like that would. There are other young talent to. Though it would be a shame being homegrown and all we can keep our best players and add to the squad through selling one starlet.

No brainer

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 May 2019 18:29

Oilroyal If true, the best scenario would be for Wolves pay decent money and then loan him back so he can develop some more with us. Maybe this is part of finding the solutions to meet FFP that José keeps referring to. Decent upfront money, with an additional fee based on his performance with us next season. Kind of a win, win for both clubs and the player.
hasn’t that already been said somewhere?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 16 May 2019 18:31

AthleticoSpizz
Oilroyal If true, the best scenario would be for Wolves pay decent money and then loan him back so he can develop some more with us. Maybe this is part of finding the solutions to meet FFP that José keeps referring to. Decent upfront money, with an additional fee based on his performance with us next season. Kind of a win, win for both clubs and the player.

Has it? maybe.. just read your post sorry.. what I should have said then is, agreed
Last edited by Oilroyal on 16 May 2019 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 May 2019 18:32

Luckily we already have his replacement with first team experience ! Olise looks just as good a prospect.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 May 2019 18:40

linkenholtroyal If 15 million is the price being thrown around. Though I like the kid we can keep rinhomota, buy Oliveira, and have a try at signing Martinez and Baker. (Or 2 players similar and a cb)

At the end of the day loader single handedly will not push us up the table but using the money on 3 signings like that would. There are other young talent to. Though it would be a shame being homegrown and all we can keep our best players and add to the squad through selling one starlet.

No brainer

Yes. It would certainly ease the financial pressure in one fell swoop. We could bring in three quality players with that level of fee.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 May 2019 18:41

The truth is Loader "might" go on to be a top player but he also "might" turn out to be another Tishbola - it is too early to tell. If they offered 5M we should probably take it but we should not accept anything less than that. if we sell hopefully Novakovich and Olise can step up instead.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2019 18:46

Not keen on a sale and loan return. He's not really up to starting week in week out as first choice based on his showings so far, so taking him back on loan doesn't really enhance our team and just takes away room for a replacement who will be here long term or someone else's development.

Whilst it would be a massive shame to lose a player with such obvious potential, if we're talking double figure millions we'd be crazy not to sell him... He is after all just a prospect at this stage, and with that fee we could sign two or three quality players ready for now and fill some of the massive holes we have.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 May 2019 18:51

Oilroyal
AthleticoSpizz

Has it? maybe.. just read your post sorry.. what I should have said then is, agreed
no worries...just gets a bit grating after 20 years of it (especially when the big-hitters here do the same and get the feedback....sulking not a lot
:wink: )

Read the previous post folks.....that’s how it used to work :)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 May 2019 18:56

10/15 million and a swap for Adama and I'd be happy

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 16 May 2019 19:15

AthleticoSpizz
Oilroyal
AthleticoSpizz hasn’t that already been said somewhere?

no worries...just gets a bit grating after 20 years of it (especially when the big-hitters here do the same and get the feedback....sulking not a lot
:wink: )

Read the previous post folks.....that’s how it used to work :)

happens to me also, sometimes days after I've posted but I kinda smile as the more we think on the same wavelength the better.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 May 2019 19:37

I find it tedious (and a tad-bit insulting) that valid points from ‘intermediates’ are ignored, yet a ‘big-hitter’ says the same/copies it, and it is ‘headline news’

But I’m just “over-sensitive” to quote a big-hitter or two :lol: @ me

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 16 May 2019 19:46

linkenholtroyal If 15 million is the price being thrown around. Though I like the kid we can keep rinhomota, buy Oliveira, and have a try at signing Martinez and Baker. (Or 2 players similar and a cb)

No brainer

Agreed. Let's just not let another bright prospect out the door for half a million. >$10M is an easy decision.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 May 2019 19:56

Snowflake Royal Not keen on a sale and loan return. He's not really up to starting week in week out as first choice based on his showings so far, so taking him back on loan doesn't really enhance our team and just takes away room for a replacement who will be here long term or someone else's development.

Whilst it would be a massive shame to lose a player with such obvious potential, if we're talking double figure millions we'd be crazy not to sell him... He is after all just a prospect at this stage, and with that fee we could sign two or three quality players ready for now and fill some of the massive holes we have.

Agreed.

If we're taking a Wolves player on loan then might Morgan Gibbs-White be a good fit? Future England international if all goes well for him, should fit in well here, and is a central midfielder (i.e. the position we actually need players). He's that bit further along in his development than Loader. Wouldn't have thought he has much chance of getting in the Wolves side given their playing and financial resources. He played his part in their promotion, now he could be one of the best players in the league. Very useful Swift replacement/upgrade. But I'm sure any Wolves fans reading this will be laughing at my delusion because he's already been told he'll start 20 games next season.

Having said that I'm sure if it looked like Wolves were going to make an offer we couldn't refuse then the club would make twenty other clubs know and drive up the price.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 May 2019 20:10

^ what a shame that the game has come to this way of thinking.

You are of course, right.

168 posts