RUMOUR - Gomes wanted

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Gomes wanted

by URZZZZ » 23 May 2019 00:40

Gomes won't be moving to a Premier League team this summer, simple as that

Firstly, he's not good enough yet for the Prem IMO. He's saved us but it took him a long time to get wins on the board (Prem very unforgiving) and he still only averages just above 1 point a game

Secondly, there's no jobs to fill in the Prem!

I could see him possibly moving to another Championship team but that's a bit of a sideways move and I don't really see him doing it given we're the ones that took the risk and gave him a chance in English football

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 May 2019 05:01

Oilroyal I know it’s in our nature as Reading fans to be pessimistic and not credit others for their good work but I do think we should give credit where credit is due. But if you perfer to put it all down to good luck who am I to convince you otherwise.

See 'false 3rd'.
Greatwesternline Why is no one interested in Bielsa? He took a middling Leeds team and very nearly got them promoted playing good football.

Heard we were better off with Clement last year.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 23 May 2019 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 May 2019 11:31

Well as with anything if it's a PL club that comes a calling then any manager/player in the lower leagues with ambition is going to want to go.

If it's another Championship club, well the issues at Reading are known and there are top clubs with a stack load of money available that will be a whole load more appealing than Reading as it's extremely unlikely Reading are going to be challenging for anything but mid table obscurity which means at least 2 years more in the Championship.

Don't want to tempt fate by saying this is just talk and speculation due to Potter taking up at Brighton as we all know anything can happen and when one domino goes you usually get a run of them collapsing so let's just hope this just quietly goes away. Least anything happening should happen quickly given the time of year and clubs needing to plan for the next season which is going to be a little tricky without a manager.

Likewise, let's hope Reading already have names and a course of action in hand if JG does go - and if he does at least the compensation should be fairly decent.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 May 2019 12:31

Sutekh Likewise, let's hope Reading already have names and a course of action in hand if JG does go - and if he does at least the compensation should be fairly decent.

Ha, who'd have thunk it, Gomes may be our most sell-able asset. Maybe we'll keep Swift after all. :)
Last edited by Denver Royal on 23 May 2019 12:34, edited 2 times in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 May 2019 12:33

Still not in the betting for the Swans job, if the rumours and bed wetting was that strong surely the bookies would have an inkling

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 23 May 2019 13:11

As a sideways linked matter did we ever replace the director of football when Nani went.
Was wondering what Nicky Hammond was up to these days. Hammond and Howe always seemed to (at least from the outside) run a steady continuous ship.

Through our best years they were always there behind the scenes and no matter who the manager was there was a continuity and strong ethos as to the Reading way. (Sorry hate that term.)

It has worked thus far with Howe so why not put at least part of the band back together.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2019 14:37

Hammo back would be epic. You could add at least 25% to any sale value immediately.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 May 2019 15:11

Haven't we basically outsourced the old DofF role ?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 May 2019 15:15

Moved Reading from 23rd to 20th.

Premier League clubs now want him.

Seems legit.

:roll:

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 23 May 2019 15:48

Nameless Haven't we basically outsourced the old DofF role ?

Not sure have we, is this through this agent we now have links with??

bagman

by bagman » 23 May 2019 15:51

Nick wont come back whilst Zia and John Macbeth are around. Pity because he has not gone anywhere after WBA

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 May 2019 16:50

linkenholtroyal
Nameless Haven't we basically outsourced the old DofF role ?

Not sure have we, is this through this agent we now have links with??

No, it's Kia Jaroobchian who by all accounts brought the loan players in and has been involved in other ways too.
Would not be surprised to hear he ended up taking a stake in the club. Whether that would be a good thing is a whole different matter but he does have huge connections globally.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 24 May 2019 06:38

2 world wars, 1 world cup Moved Reading from 23rd to 20th.

Seems legit.

:lol:

Did a great job turning round our fortunes, though we shouldn’t forget he was supported in Jan better than any other relegation threatened club manager (4 prem players + Nelson)

Clubs around us think we bought our way out of trouble. In a way they’re right.

I like him and hope he stays. Hardly the end of the world if he doesn’t.

Hughton please x

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 May 2019 07:58

Snowflake Royal Hammo back would be epic. You could add at least 25% to any sale value immediately.

Give Hammond a million to tempt him back, the £10m he'll add to Loaders sale fee will more than pay for itself.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 May 2019 08:22

Lots of Money on Gus Poyet for the Swansea job, 7/1 yesterday, 2/1 today, still no sign of Jose.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 May 2019 08:49

royalp-we

Seems legit.

Did a great job turning round our fortunes, though we shouldn’t forget he was supported in Jan better than any other relegation threatened club manager (4 prem players + Nelson)

Hughton please x

Not sure we bought our way out of trouble given we got the loan players for virtually nothing. Wecertainly recruited our way out of trouble. Not sure that is something to be criticised for, why would you not use any legitimate way possible to improve your chances ? Did Rotherham and Millwall have the chance to recruit better players in January and reject them in order to ensure their relegation fight was some how more spiritually authentic ? In that case they were idiots.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 May 2019 10:14

Nameless
royalp-we

Seems legit.

Hughton please x

Not sure we bought our way out of trouble given we got the loan players for virtually nothing. Wecertainly recruited our way out of trouble. Not sure that is something to be criticised for, why would you not use any legitimate way possible to improve your chances ? Did Rotherham and Millwall have the chance to recruit better players in January and reject them in order to ensure their relegation fight was some how more spiritually authentic ? In that case they were idiots.

Yeah good point royalp-we, I was going to throw that in too but didn't because good point Nameless also, ie. however he did it, he did it and I didn't really want to detract from that.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 May 2019 10:17

royalp-we

Seems legit.

Hughton please x

Mark Bowen.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Jun 2019 15:51

Actually in the betting for the Newcastle job, 20/1. no real surprise it`s skybet.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jun 2019 16:09

windermereROYAL Actually in the betting for the Newcastle job, 20/1. no real surprise it`s skybet.

Ian Royal was in the betting for the Reading job, so I wouldn't read too much into it.