Celtic Eye Moore

123 posts
Wallsy

Celtic Eye Moore

by Wallsy » 09 Jun 2019 20:42

Says Courtney Friday. I can’t see that one coming off. Celtic would need to part with several million and I can’t see us wanting anything other than that money up front considering how tight things are at present.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Celtic Eye Moore

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jun 2019 20:47

Moore wouldn’t go to the SPL, he’s more ambitious than that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jun 2019 21:05

He’s already dropped down the pecking order hierarchy since leaving Leicester City

Why drop further?

Will get those ‘predictable winners medals” I ‘spose

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jun 2019 21:30

AthleticoSpizz He’s already dropped down the pecking order hierarchy since leaving Leicester City

Why drop further?

Will get those ‘predictable winners medals” I ‘spose

He’s not interested in medals or even winning. If he was he wouldn’t have joined Reading.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jun 2019 21:31

Would Celtic even be able to match his earnings with us? I’m not convinced they would.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Jun 2019 21:48

Wallsy Says Courtney Friday. I can’t see that one coming off. Celtic would need to part with several million and I can’t see us wanting anything other than that money up front considering how tight things are at present.

Courtney Friday says dogs can't look up.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Jun 2019 22:41

Celtic are just Southampton's feeder club.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Jun 2019 22:59

CountryRoyal Moore wouldn’t go to the SPL, he’s more ambitious than that.

Well, if we decided to sell him to Celtic and a transfer fee was agreed, they would inherit his contract. How much of a say would he have in it? They may not necessarily want to sell him, and neither may I, but he knows we have financial issues.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jun 2019 23:17

Denver Royal

Well, if we decided to sell him to Celtic and a transfer fee was agreed, they would inherit his contract. How much of a say would he have in it? They may not necessarily want to sell him, and neither may I, but he knows we have financial issues.

Pretty sure that's not how it works. We agree a fee, he then negotiates a contract with them his contract with us only informs what he's after equalling / bettering.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Jun 2019 23:26

Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal

Pretty sure that's not how it works. We agree a fee, he then negotiates a contract with them his contract with us only informs what he's after equalling / bettering.

What about him not wanting to go there? Can we only sell him to a team that he just so happens to want to go to, otherwise he blocks it? I’m asking as I’m not sure these days, how much power the players have, written in to their contracts or otherwise, etc. As I say, he will know we have some financial issues...
Last edited by Denver Royal on 09 Jun 2019 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jun 2019 23:30

Pretty sure player has to agree personal terms with the new club.

Things don't usually progress far unless all parties are interested.

I guess technically we might be able to sell his registration without consulting him, but who is going to buy unless he wants to be there and how are they going to agree the terms of his employment?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jun 2019 23:42

Snowflake Royal Pretty sure player has to agree personal terms with the new club.

I guess technically we might be able to sell his registration without consulting him, but who is going to buy unless he wants to be there and how are they going to agree the terms of his employment?

No chance he will leave unless he wants to. It’s not a Mannone type situation.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Jun 2019 23:46

Zip
Snowflake Royal Pretty sure player has to agree personal terms with the new club.

Same with Swift?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jun 2019 23:51

Denver Royal
Zip

Same with Swift?

Yep. He would still command a place in the side. The likes of Mannone and Edwards were not wanted so life was made uncomfortable for them. I’m sure the club would seriously consider offers for Swift but that’s very different to giving him the cold shoulder and trying to force him out.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 09 Jun 2019 23:56

Zip
Denver Royal
Zip

Same with Swift?

Yep. He would still command a place in the side. The likes of Mannone and Edwards were not wanted so life was made uncomfortable for them. I’m sure the club would seriously consider offers for Swift but that’s very different to giving him the cold shoulder and trying to force him out.

Heh, hope nobody is too pee’d off if Swift turned down an 8 mil move to Leeds :)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2019 00:42

File this one as unlikely. With Moore, the transfer fee would have to be his "true value" + an extra to fee for compensate for the lack of depth in CB (experienced anyway). Would take a large fee thus, don't see that much in Scottish footie

Finances may be struggling but you still have to be logical about it. I guess we'll see what tomorrow's news is

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 01:02

Denver Royal
Snowflake Royal
Denver Royal Well, if we decided to sell him to Celtic and a transfer fee was agreed, they would inherit his contract. How much of a say would he have in it? They may not necessarily want to sell him, and neither may I, but he knows we have financial issues.

What about him not wanting to go there? Can we only sell him to a team that he just so happens to want to go to, otherwise he blocks it? I’m asking as I’m not sure these days, how much power the players have, written in to their contracts or otherwise, etc. As I say, he will know we have some financial issues...

He is under contract here and is under no obligation to go to any club no matter how much money they offer and even if they meet a hypothetical release clause. If he doesn't want to go he doesn't have to. Happens all the time when a bid for a player is accepted but the player doesn't like terms offered and so refuses.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 10 Jun 2019 01:08

URZZZZ File this one as unlikely. With Moore, the transfer fee would have to be his "true value" + an extra to fee for compensate for the lack of depth in CB (experienced anyway). Would take a large fee thus, don't see that much in Scottish footie

Well, for him he’d play CL footy.
But anyway, how much do you think we’d really miss Moore if he left? We’d need to get a decent Champ CB in. But that’s really all I think he is, decent. I’m not sure he’s a real difference maker. I may be alone in that, but that’s what I’ve mostly seen. I feel CB’s for the Champ can be had, and I prefer mine taller. Again, we have no money, and reckon I’d be looking his way, if indeed he’s wanted.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2019 01:25

Denver Royal
URZZZZ File this one as unlikely. With Moore, the transfer fee would have to be his "true value" + an extra to fee for compensate for the lack of depth in CB (experienced anyway). Would take a large fee thus, don't see that much in Scottish footie

But anyway, how much do you think we’d really miss Moore if he left? We’d need to get a decent Champ CB in. But that’s really all I think he is, decent. I don’t really think he’s a real difference maker. I may be alone in that, but that’s what I’ve mostly seen. I feel CB’s for the Champ can be had, and I prefer mine taller. Again, we have no money, and reckon I’d be looking his way, if indeed he’s wanted.

On the contrary I think we'd miss him a lot if he left. I like my defenders bigger (like you) or defenders who throw themselves in the way of anything and everything (which Moore does). His ball retention skills has major flaws but as a different point, a defenders' job shouldn't be based on how good they are on the ball, but how they can defend surely? Or am I behind on modern football again

Moore is of a similar height to Pearcey. He was a typical "1-0 away win" defender without being particularly tall. He put his heart and body onto the line

To be fair, could see a team like Watford going for him. They have a few English players and to me, it's probably his level (I'd put him ahead of Mariappa)

So for those reasons alone, would avoid selling Moore if possible

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 10 Jun 2019 02:07

URZZZZ
Denver Royal

But anyway, how much do you think we’d really miss Moore if he left? We’d need to get a decent Champ CB in. But that’s really all I think he is, decent. I don’t really think he’s a real difference maker. I may be alone in that, but that’s what I’ve mostly seen. I feel CB’s for the Champ can be had, and I prefer mine taller. Again, we have no money, and reckon I’d be looking his way, if indeed he’s wanted.

On the contrary I think we'd miss him a lot if he left. I like my defenders bigger (like you)...

Yep, thought you did. Saw you advocating that in here last week. As did I, a while back. Never really liked Moore/Ilori partnership in Champ, and said so.
With the +/- of what Moore brings at both ends of the park, and given our financial constraints, it’s not there for me. I’m always willing to listen, and accordingly I watched him closely 2nd half of season. He was better, alongside Miazga, which I imagine others would be too. Anyway, we’ll see what they do.

123 posts