5989 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Hendo » 11 Jun 2019 10:00

Jagermesiter1871
paultheroyal
URZZZZZZZZ
That’s not right at all, apart from the bit in bold.

There is a completely farcical story behind the scenes about the red kit which has nothing to do with Gourlay, the current owners or the home kit whatsoever

Still waiting for your scoop...

He posted then deleted it. Basically was that it was going to be our away kit for the season we had the African violet but Tiger wanted it pulled due to the colours being that of a revolutionary group in Thailand that was big at the time. The stock has been sitting around since then but seeing as our deal with puma ended this year the club had to get rid of it.

No idea if it's true, just what urrzz had posted.

Ok, I am glad I wasn't the only one who saw this.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jun 2019 13:57

JLow reckons new sponsor and new kit to be announced within the next couple of weeks

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Jun 2019 14:39

Jagermesiter1871
paultheroyal
URZZZZZZZZ
That’s not right at all, apart from the bit in bold.

There is a completely farcical story behind the scenes about the red kit which has nothing to do with Gourlay, the current owners or the home kit whatsoever

Still waiting for your scoop...

He posted then deleted it. Basically was that it was going to be our away kit for the season we had the African violet but Tiger wanted it pulled due to the colours being that of a revolutionary group in Thailand that was big at the time. The stock has been sitting around since then but seeing as our deal with puma ended this year the club had to get rid of it.

No idea if it's true, just what urrzz had posted.

This is true.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 12 Jun 2019 14:57

Hound JLow reckons new sponsor and new kit to be announced within the next couple of weeks

You'd oxf*rd hope so...!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2019 15:02

LWJ
Hound JLow reckons new sponsor and new kit to be announced within the next couple of weeks

You'd oxf*rd hope so...!

well it was late July last time...

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 12 Jun 2019 15:56

Kit reveal is traditionally and consistently late July, despite fans requests to bring it forward so it can go on sale earlier in the summer. Credit to Jonathan Low if he’s heard it’ll be brought forward this year, but he’s not the most useful of sources.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jun 2019 17:24

Wallsy Kit reveal is traditionally and consistently late July, despite fans requests to bring it forward so it can go on sale earlier in the summer. Credit to Jonathan Low if he’s heard it’ll be brought forward this year, but he’s not the most useful of sources.

There'll probably be an announcement in a couple of weeks revealing the design & sponsor but saying you can't actually buy the new kit until the day of the Chelsea game. At least I think that's the way it's worked in the last couple of years.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 12 Jun 2019 18:21

Sutekh
Wallsy Kit reveal is traditionally and consistently late July, despite fans requests to bring it forward so it can go on sale earlier in the summer. Credit to Jonathan Low if he’s heard it’ll be brought forward this year, but he’s not the most useful of sources.

There'll probably be an announcement in a couple of weeks revealing the design & sponsor but saying you can't actually buy the new kit until the day of the Chelsea game. At least I think that's the way it's worked in the last couple of years.

Yeah, there or there abouts. I’m not sure we normally see the design before mid July usually. I’ve always been of the thinking that the sooner you release it and market it, the sooner you can start making money; and kids will be nagging their parents for a new summer football shirt. I’d like to see it released for June 1 personally, but the club clearly has its reasons and preferences.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2019 18:41

He’s been fairly on the ball in recent times tbf

Trust him more than Friday’s throwaway tweets

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 13 Jun 2019 15:34

Wallsy
Sutekh

Yeah, there or there abouts. I’m not sure we normally see the design before mid July usually. I’ve always been of the thinking that the sooner you release it and market it, the sooner you can start making money; and kids will be nagging their parents for a new summer football shirt. I’d like to see it released for June 1 personally, but the club clearly has its reasons and preferences.

Im sure the club do have their reasons, but I'm sure the reasons are awful. Why do they insist on being one of the last clubs in England to release their kit.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Jun 2019 17:46

Blue & White Soup
Wallsy
Sutekh

Im sure the club do have their reasons, but I'm sure the reasons are awful. Why do they insist on being one of the last clubs in England to release their kit.

They're building the anticipation.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 13 Jun 2019 20:32

Anticipation doesn’t really build though. The club just lose a month or more of warm weather where kids would be bagging their parents for the new kits.

I’d also suggest we ended the season with a real feel-good factor around the place again. What a great time to release the kits, as others do. Early and on a high. When fans are that bit more keen to part with their money.

On the other hand, fans are fickle, and a poor or uneventful summer in the transfer market and fans will be less likely to want to buy expensive shirts...

“Seize the moment” as they say.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Jun 2019 21:11

Wallsy Anticipation doesn’t really build though. The club just lose a month or more of warm weather where kids would be bagging their parents for the new kits.

I’d also suggest we ended the season with a real feel-good factor around the place again. What a great time to release the kits, as others do. Early and on a high. When fans are that bit more keen to part with their money.

On the other hand, fans are fickle, and a poor or uneventful summer in the transfer market and fans will be less likely to want to buy expensive shirts...

“Seize the moment” as they say.

Did wonder if the release timetable might change along with kit providers

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jun 2019 09:22

Out of interest anyone know how Reading compare to the other league clubs a regards to the date their new kit is revealed and/or the date the new kit can be bought?

Are Reading really late with the release or is it fairly standard for the lesser league clubs?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Jun 2019 09:26

Sutekh Out of interest anyone know how Reading compare to the other league clubs a regards to the date their new kit is revealed and/or the date the new kit can be bought?

Are Reading really late with the release or is it fairly standard for the lesser league clubs?

Yes, we are really late. I think we have this discussion every season.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Jun 2019 09:49

Sutekh Out of interest anyone know how Reading compare to the other league clubs a regards to the date their new kit is revealed and/or the date the new kit can be bought?

Extremely late. Some clubs play the last game of the previous season in the new kit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jun 2019 11:08

Jagermesiter1871

Extremely late. Some clubs play the last game of the previous season in the new kit.

Do they? Like who?

* actually interested, not being a dick.

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 14 Jun 2019 11:26

I remember last season when we released our kits, there was only two other football league teams that hadn't. Can't remember who they were, but as someone else mentioned it's the same every year.

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 14 Jun 2019 11:27

CountryRoyal
Jagermesiter1871

Do they? Like who?

* actually interested, not being a dick.

Chelsea did this season just gone I believe.

Wallsy

Re: Next Seasons Kit

by Wallsy » 14 Jun 2019 15:38

AthleticoSpizz so we are big and important enough to change our kits every season now then?

Whatever happened to that old two-season assurance

Crikey, we haven’t followed that for over a decade and some.

5989 posts