U21 Euros

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

U21 Euros

by Sutekh » 15 Jun 2019 08:22

Hosted by Italy and San Marino

England in Group C with France, Romania and Croatia.

First game live in Sky on Tuesday evening v France

Squad

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Southampton), Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United)

Defenders: Jake Clarke-Salter (Chelsea), Jay Dasilva (Chelsea), Lloyd Kelly (AFC Bournemouth), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Ezri Konsa (Brentford), Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace)

Midfielders: Harvey Barnes (Leicester City), Hamza Choudhury (Leicester City), Kieran Dowell (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolves), James Maddison (Leicester City), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Reiss Nelson (Arsenal), Dominic Solanke (AFC Bournemouth)

12 teams in 3 groups. The winner of each group plus the best runner up qualify for the semi finals

Final is 30 June

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: U21 Euros

by BR0B0T » 18 Jun 2019 21:26

lolf's at Choudhury's 'tackle'

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Jun 2019 11:31

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 24 Jun 2019 19:04

Somewhere else I stated that I thought England could do alright.

They didn't.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jun 2019 22:26

I think I’m getting a bit jaded.

Watching this lot ping the ball around when there’s a bit of time and space, but then consistently losing it when they get anywhere near the penalty area is frustrating. They are playing like they think they are Man City whereas they just aren’t anywhere near that good.

And then there’s the defending.

And then there’s the build from the back philosophy. I have no objection to it per se (in fact I rather like it) but it is too aimless at times and gets us into trouble at both senior and age representative squads because they are making poor decisions and gifting possession on a regular basis, and in dangerous situations. They are actually playing like they think there’ll be a bollocking if they do hit a pass / clearance any more than 30 yards when in our defensive areas.

Having a philosophy that goes right through the groups is good, and maybe we just have to accept that there will be mistakes made and that that’s fine because it will help identify the ones who really are capable of stepping up and those who are not.... yep, that’s what I’m going to tell myself.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jun 2019 23:09

Out at the groups. The supposed next golden generation.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1