Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by URZZZZ » 07 Jul 2019 00:19

Bodvarsson weighing up move to Championship rivals or Greek top league team. Seems to be a development on the departure side. Personally think we’d be fools to let him go to another champ team

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 00:32

URZZZZ Anyone know what Frost and Holsgrove are like? Saw them in the XI today but never really heard of them. Do they have a chance of making the squad next season or were they squad fillers?

Frost used to pop up with Unders goals a fair amount.

Holsgrove seems to be the more creative foil to East's simple midfield work.

I've not seen loads of any of them. But Holsgrove and East exchange very well together.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jul 2019 00:33

URZZZZ Bodvarsson weighing up move to Championship rivals or Greek top league team. Seems to be a development on the departure side. Personally think we’d be fools to let him go to another champ team
injury down-time aside....cracking player

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Jul 2019 09:39

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ Anyone know what Frost and Holsgrove are like? Saw them in the XI today but never really heard of them. Do they have a chance of making the squad next season or were they squad fillers?

I've not seen loads of any of them. But Holsgrove and East exchange very well together.

Surely this has to be the break through season for Holsgrove?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Jul 2019 10:11

Hound
SCIAG
I just don't recognise the criticisms being made tbh. I understand people thinking he can't tackle (they're wrong but it's intuitive) but people thinking he is just an outright bad player? It's like we're watching different players. IMO Kelly has never had a game where he looked like East against Leeds or Meyler in his last appearance. That's rather borne out by him being linked to Udinese and Feyenoord rather than Fleetwood and Doncaster.

Have a lot of time for you SCIAG and sure you accept a lot of football is about opinions. And yes you are correct he did start Stam season 2 very well. But he has been pretty poor since, and I’m not sure there is much to defend in the last 18 months

He certainly isn’t a bad player. Just one who has lost his way through either poor coaching or his own attitude, or more likely a bit of both. We might look back and regret letting him go, but he is currently offering little. Again not a biggie for just stats, but his defensive stats were about on par with Swift’s last year and well below Rino. Gomes clearly doesn’t rate. And tbf, Feyenoord and Udinese are interested but doesn’t sound like anyone else much is

Understand you’ve probably watched more of him from a young age and seen what he can do as well, and I’m sure we all hope he can hit that level again

Yeah fair enough, I probably have my RTGs on. Do think we can't be giving away players who are good enough (except possibly strikers) with our squad so small.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Jul 2019 10:21

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal

Surely this has to be the break through season for Holsgrove?

He turns 20 this season which historically has been a big year for our players - can only really think of Hector who has broken through later than that (unless you count Cox). Having said that, Osho and East are two years older and Novakovich and Watson are a year older again, and look like they're going to have their biggest seasons so far, so maybe times are changing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 11:22

AthleticoSpizz
URZZZZ Bodvarsson weighing up move to Championship rivals or Greek top league team. Seems to be a development on the departure side. Personally think we’d be fools to let him go to another champ team

750k to Millwall apparently

Good signing for them

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2019 11:28

Hound
AthleticoSpizz

Good signing for them

That’s a pretty hefty loss on what we paid for him. Decent signing for Millwall at that price.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jul 2019 11:34

750k is terrible negotiations, we bought him for a lot more after he’d had a poor season, so after a couple of average ones here, at the very least it should be 7 figures. I know we need the money etc etc but that’s very disappointing

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 11:37

Seems like our upper hierarchy don't know what they are doing again. Sigh.

I'm afriad we are in for a very long season chaps.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 07 Jul 2019 11:42

Read this morning that Lewis Baker is one of 3 players Lampard is looking to loan out to Derby this season, as his parting gift to Mel Morris ..

Sadly any hope of getting Baker back in some capacity has greatly diminished should this report have any foundation..

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Jul 2019 12:24

URZZZZ 750k is terrible negotiations, we bought him for a lot more after he’d had a poor season, so after a couple of average ones here, at the very least it should be 7 figures. I know we need the money etc etc but that’s very disappointing

I don't think its that bad business (signed by us for £1m I believe) and in addition I don't think he will fit their direct style at all. He's made of glass and for a tall player he is easily bullied off the ball by centre halves and his hold up play is generally poor.

Yes he had a decent scoring spell for a month but the 2 goals at Brentford were both Swift free kicks and already on their way in.

Ok bit of business I reckon

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 12:27

Yeah, bit part player with injury problems and small goal returns. Unrealistic to expect us to take anything but a loss when we have to shift players and he is apparently unwanted here.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jul 2019 12:40

A shame but he's a bit part player under Gomes, we need to create some financial wriggle room and we're hardly beating off the offers for the real dross. Also, his contract is up at the end of the season so it's £750k now or fcuk all next year.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 07 Jul 2019 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 07 Jul 2019 12:42

Hound
AthleticoSpizz

Good signing for them

Yep if Harris can keep him fit he'll do very well for them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 13:27

From Despair To Where? A shame but he's a bit part player under Gomes, we need to create some financial wriggle room and we're hardly beating off the offers for the real dross. Also, his contract is up at the end of the season so it's £750k now or fcuk all next year.

Yep and with the save on wages, it’s 1.5m or so towards reducing the deficit

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 13:31

Hound
From Despair To Where? A shame but he's a bit part player under Gomes, we need to create some financial wriggle room and we're hardly beating off the offers for the real dross. Also, his contract is up at the end of the season so it's £750k now or fcuk all next year.

Yep and with the save on wages, it’s 1.5m or so towards reducing the deficit

Contract being up in a year is a pretty big factor, good call fdtw

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jul 2019 13:41

Lovely chap and decent player but it's the right move. It hasn't worked out very well. Someone I would definitely wish well in his career though.

I think that's a decent fee for him. Cant see anyone paying over 1 million for him right now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 13:41

If Kelly goes as well and if we do get some money for Stacey, that’s prob 4m or so in fees and wages saved. Hopefully creates enough to sort some loans ASAP

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jul 2019 13:42

So summary so far according to Friday

Bod - Millwall
McCleary - USA
Kelly - Feyenoord
Baldock - Charlton
Also reported that there is likely to be another exit rumoured later

Gone from not getting rid of any of the unwanted players to a flurry of rumours. Like London buses etc...

1826 posts