Rumour - John Bostock

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - John Bostock

by Sutekh » 21 Jul 2019 19:08

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/notti ... idfielder/

Toulouse midfielder. 27 years old. Started out with Palace and was with Spurs (also had short spell on loan at Brentford in 2009). Been on the continent since 2013. 5 goals in last 3 seasons (approx 60 apps).

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - John Bostock

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2019 19:19

Sutekh https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nottingham-forest-in-transfer-tussle-with-reading-and-brentford-for-midfielder/

Toulouse midfielder. 27 years old. Started out with Palace and was with Spurs (also had short spell on loan at Brentford in 2009). Been on the continent since 2013. 5 goals in last 3 seasons (approx 60 apps).

We’ve also taken Freddy Adu on a trial and rumour has it James Lambert is coming out of retirement....

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Jul 2019 19:53

Sutekh https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nottingham-forest-in-transfer-tussle-with-reading-and-brentford-for-midfielder/

Was always going to be the next big think, like Ravel Morrison, but probably got his big transfer to Spurs a bit early in his career.
IIRC a creative midfielder.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 20:02

Scratching at my head over this one, If he were to sign him surely we would not be going for Ejaria too?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 21 Jul 2019 20:07

Zip Scratching at my head over this one, If he were to sign him surely we would not be going for Ejaria too?

He can play the cm role alongside Rino, Ejaria is more front 4 territory as acm or cover on the wing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 20:15

linkenholtroyal
Zip Scratching at my head over this one, If he were to sign him surely we would not be going for Ejaria too?

He can play the cm role alongside Rino, Ejaria is more front 4 territory as acm or cover on the wing.

I guess so and when Popa and GMac do leave we will be light on widemen so Ejaria could be played down one flank with Barrow on the other side and Meite upfront or alternatively selected ahead of Swift at ACM.
My biggest concern is CDM. At the moment we don’t have anyone who can play that role.

One87One

by One87One » 21 Jul 2019 20:29

Probably the usual summer paper talk.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jul 2019 20:30

According to transfermarkt.com he can play CM or CDM.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 20:36

Pepe the Horseman According to transfermarkt.com he can play CM or CDM.

That would make more sense. I can’t see us bringing him in along with Ejaria and a CDM.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Jul 2019 20:43

Overhyped wonderkid clearly, but Ligue 1 in France is a good level to be playing at. Plays a role we desperately need. Would be happy. Is he out of favour? I expect he'd command a fee beyond our means if he was a first team regular.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Jul 2019 22:07

Zip

That would make more sense. I can’t see us bringing him in along with Ejaria and a CDM.

Surely Ejaria would have joined by now if he was ... so I think it's time to look elsewhere.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 22:08

Royalwaster
Zip

Surely Ejaria would have joined by now if he was ... so I think it's time to look elsewhere.

Apparently we have been arguing over the % of his wages we are due to pay.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 21 Jul 2019 22:26

WestYorksRoyal Overhyped wonderkid clearly, but Ligue 1 in France is a good level to be playing at. Plays a role we desperately need. Would be happy. Is he out of favour? I expect he'd command a fee beyond our means if he was a first team regular.

Forest & Brentford also after him...you’d think he’d pick either of those options over us.

As per every player linked to, he looks class on YouTube

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Jul 2019 22:29

Nameless We’ve taken Freddy Adu on a trial

Wow, ‘the next Pele’.
Haven’t seen him play in a few years now, and when I last did, he was struggling. Was pushed way too fast, way too soon, and really lost his way.
Used to play as a winger when younger, but was used increasingly more at outside-mid as he got older. Anyway...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jul 2019 06:04

Excellent player for Champ level who after being poorly advised as a 15 year old, "disappeared" and built a decent career in Belgium and France.

Would do very well in a sitting 2 with Rino linking defence and attack. Would be very excited by this signing, so won't happen.

He is a London lad, so if he is looking to come "home" then probably between Brentford and us.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

⁶Re: Rumour - John Bostock

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2019 07:16

Notts Royal
WestYorksRoyal Overhyped wonderkid clearly, but Ligue 1 in France is a good level to be playing at. Plays a role we desperately need. Would be happy. Is he out of favour? I expect he'd command a fee beyond our means if he was a first team regular.

Forest & Brentford also after him...you’d think he’d pick either of those options over us.

I agree that right now they look in much better shape than us. But 1-2 years down the line, with FFP fixed, we have ambitious owners, a sensible CEO and a good manager. Add to this that he'd walk into our team right now and it may not be so obvious. What if Brentford and Forest want him as a squad option?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: ⁶Re: Rumour - John Bostock

by Notts Royal » 22 Jul 2019 08:47

WestYorksRoyal
Notts Royal

I agree that right now they look in much better shape than us. But 1-2 years down the line, with FFP fixed, we have ambitious owners, a sensible CEO and a good manager. Add to this that he'd walk into our team right now and it may not be so obvious. What if Brentford and Forest want him as a squad option?

That’s a good point - as a senior player we could pretty much guarantee 1st team football right now

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 22 Jul 2019 10:36

Stranded He is a London lad, so if he is looking to come "home" then probably between Brentford and us.

Arguably Brentford just spent big on a centre half, so he might choose them over us based on a perceived ambition?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Jul 2019 12:31

skipper
Stranded He is a London lad, so if he is looking to come "home" then probably between Brentford and us.

Arguably Brentford just spent big on a centre half, so he might choose them over us based on a perceived ambition?

These are indeed changed times and gone are the days when we could go along and cherry pick their players.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 09 Aug 2019 09:47

Gone to Forest.

Our business really has been good compared to most this summer.