Gomes missed targets

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Gomes missed targets

by paddy20 » 21 Jul 2019 10:37

Gomes has said the present financial situation has meant he has now missed his top targets to sign. I'm guessing Oliveira was one. Anyone any ideas who the others were? It sounds like there were at least 2/3 others.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gomes missed targets

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 10:45

Miazga and Martinez I would have thought.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Jul 2019 12:50

Zip Miazga and Martinez I would have thought.

Emi was never going to happen, unless that was toungue in cheek.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 13:28

windermereROYAL

As soon as it was clear he would be second choice at Arsenal it wasn’t going to happen but he may still have been a target for Gomes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2019 14:13

Zip
windermereROYAL

As soon as it was clear he would be second choice at Arsenal it wasn’t going to happen but he may still have been a target for Gomes.

But it wouldn't be the financial situation that intervened. Likewise Miazga if the rumour of a double figure bid from someone being rejected by Chelsea is true.

If Ejaria doesn't arrive soon it could include him. Maybe Baker although I don't think he's signed anywhere yet.

Could be all sorts. Nelson is nailed on though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2019 14:16

Snowflake Royal
Zip
windermereROYAL

But it wouldn't be the financial situation that intervened. Likewise Miazga if the rumour of a double figure bid from someone being rejected by Chelsea is true.

If Ejaria doesn't arrive soon it could include him. Maybe Baker although I don't think he's signed anywhere yet.

Could be all sorts. Nelson is nailed on though.

Oliveira was nailed on and I think that is one signing he thought was going to happen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2019 14:21

Totally.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Jul 2019 15:26

paddy20 Gomes has said the present financial situation has meant he has now missed his top targets to sign. I'm guessing Oliveira was one. Anyone any ideas who the others were? It sounds like there were at least 2/3 others.

Not totally convinced we've actually 'missed' any yet? Although, it is sometimes convenient for managers to say so.
Oliveira, maybe. (Although at the end, most didn't want him here anyway, or weren't too bothered either way).
He may have wanted the loanees, but how realistic was it? Eja and Baker are still possible, btw. Miazga still out there.
So, don't know how many we've 'missed' so far really, or who they were and where they went.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 21 Jul 2019 17:07

Denver Royal
paddy20 Gomes has said the present financial situation has meant he has now missed his top targets to sign. I'm guessing Oliveira was one. Anyone any ideas who the others were? It sounds like there were at least 2/3 others.

Not totally convinced we've actually 'missed' any yet? Although, it is sometimes convenient for managers to say so.
Oliveira, maybe. (Although at the end, most didn't want him here anyway, or weren't too bothered either way).
He may have wanted the loanees, but how realistic was it? Eja and Baker are still possible, btw. Miazga still out there.
So, don't know how many we've 'missed' so far really, or who they were and where they went.

I think he said they have now joined other clubs so possibly not the ones we suspect apart from Oliviera

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jul 2019 17:17

Tbf some of the journos have consistently said Baker was out of our range financially. Miazga also if the 20m price tag is anywhere near correct. Martinez was never likely this season

Nelson obviously was, and Ejaria a probable.

Thing that linked them all in Jan is they were all going absolutely nowhere, hence why we were able to bring them in. Miazga has been permanently dropped, Ejaria and Baker on the back of 2 shitty loans, Martinez a number 3 keeper and Nelson with Norwich’s U23

We added loads to all of their values. Realistically Ejaria was prob the only one coming back to the champ

We need similar - talented players who their parent clubs want to get games to add to their value but don’t want to keep at the club

Also have to remember that pretty much no one (inc me) thought Baker would be a good signing. Ejaria neither really. There’ll be gems out there, just need to find them

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2019 18:10

Denver Royal

:shock: :?

Say what?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jul 2019 23:15

Oliveira, Coentrão and Jardim wouldn't shock me.

One87One

by One87One » 21 Jul 2019 23:27

Chelsea have quoted interested parties £20m for Miazga. Even a loan wasn’t likely.

Martinez was assured of the no.2 jersey so again he was never available for loan.

Oliveira and Baker were most likely two of his main targets. Baker - Chelsea wanted the majority of his wages paid for, so we were always out of that one. Oli gave us plenty of time and made his decision.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jul 2019 23:35

Others linked that went elsewhere-
Szmodics, Bauer (must be one?), Diaby (still featuring for Paços), Galeno (says he's staying to try to force his way into new managers plans)

Aiesh had said some of the clubs linked to him (we're one) are accurate.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 22 Jul 2019 01:06

Have Chelsea quoted £20m? Or is that absurd paper talk?...

Pre Reading (a bottom quarter of championship side) Miazga had failed at Nantes and was reasonable at Vitesse; there is no real basis for a £20m valuation.

If it gets to the end of the transfer window, Miazga might have a chance of coming here again. That said, Morrison joining and TMac’s emergence mean it’s less likely.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jul 2019 06:34

PistolPete Have Chelsea quoted £20m? Or is that absurd paper talk?...

Pre Reading (a bottom quarter of championship side) Miazga had failed at Nantes and was reasonable at Vitesse; there is no real basis for a £20m valuation.

If it gets to the end of the transfer window, Miazga might have a chance of coming here again. That said, Morrison joining and TMac’s emergence mean it’s less likely.

Remember only the English window closes on 8th August, so players like Miazga can still move abroad either perm or loan til September 2nd.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jul 2019 06:59

If as rumour has it Miazaga is happening and Jose has failed to secure his top targets what can we deduce ?
Miazga wasn’t a top target ?
Jose hasn’t in fact missed his top targets ?
It’s a fluid situation and no one actually knows what is going on ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2019 08:17

Nameless If as rumour has it Miazaga is happening and Jose has failed to secure his top targets what can we deduce ?

Jose has missed *some* of his top targets.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Jul 2019 08:22

Snowflake Royal
Nameless If as rumour has it Miazaga is happening and Jose has failed to secure his top targets what can we deduce ?

Jose has missed *some* of his top targets.

Or the OP misquoted him ! Reasonable option....

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1