Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 16:40

NewCorkSeth
Hound
PistolPete Villa have signed so many players, I wonder if they’d let Birkir Bjarnason come to us on loan? He’d work so well with Rino, but more importantly, he’s Icelandic.

Not a bad shout looking at Villa. They’ve bought an entirely new team

Did think Hogan might be considered as long as we didn’t pay more than a small percentage of his wage

Tshibola? :lol:

If he hadn’t turned rubbish he’d be ideal :)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2019 16:45

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Hound

Did think Hogan might be considered as long as we didn’t pay more than a small percentage of his wage

Only benefit would be they might pay someone to take him.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Jul 2019 18:17

Still need a holding midfielder, no10 and forward to have a competitive squad. With swift and potentially olise, no10 is least important.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 25 Jul 2019 18:28

StellaPlease Still need a holding midfielder, no10 and forward to have a competitive squad. With swift and potentially olise, no10 is least important.

Barrett too.

We need a defensive midfielder and a striker. I’d also like a box to box midfielder. Charlie Adam is not the answer to any of our midfield questions.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Jul 2019 18:29

Barrett will never make a regular starter in the championship. Proper opposition will swallow him up unfortunately.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2019 19:20

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Hound

I'd take him over Swift or Adam.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jul 2019 19:26

Snowflake Royal
Hound
NewCorkSeth Tshibola? :lol:

We have the winner of the daftest comment of the season already !

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Jul 2019 19:26

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Hound

Had a really good season for Kilmarnock.

All we need to do is appoint Steve Clarke as manager.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 19:28

Did he?

Thing is I was bored shitless one day and checked their forum, and they didn’t think a lot of him from virtually everything I read

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2019 19:37

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Trust me, it's a oxf*rd low bar. A 33 year old player who can't run and has started 9 games in two years, and a flash Charlie with terrible decision making, who if played in CM will gift a dangerous turnover about once a game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jul 2019 19:42

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal I'd take him over Swift or Adam.

Trust me, it's a oxf*rd low bar. A 33 year old player who can't run and has started 9 games in two years, and a flash Charlie with terrible decision making, who if played in CM will gift a dangerous turnover about once a game.

Thing is with Swift we saw the best and worst of him yesterday (well, according to the highlights, not a great representation)

Perfectly weighted pass for Barrow and a lovely finish for the goal. But, on the other hand, their second goal actually made me slightly angry. A ridiculous pass from Blackett IMO and Swift messing about with it in dangerous areas. I like what Swift has to offer but he really infuriates me when he messes around with in stupid areas, he needs to have the maturity to know when to just get rid of the ball (and after three seasons, I just don’t think he’s learned)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2019 19:45

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Thing is with Swift we saw the best and worst of him yesterday (well, according to the highlights, not a great representation)

Perfectly weighted pass for Barrow and a lovely finish for the goal. But, on the other hand, their second goal actually made me slightly angry. A ridiculous pass from Blackett IMO and Swift messing about with it in dangerous areas. I like what Swift has to offer but he really infuriates me when he messes around with in stupid areas, he needs to have the maturity to know when to just get rid of the ball

I don't like or rate Swift, but I have little problem with him as an attacking midfielder. But if he has to enter our half it gets awkward - in our defensive third he's an abomination.

He tries to trick his way through too much, plays extravagant balls, ignores simple passing and is positionally clueless when not in possession.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jul 2019 19:49

Hound
PistolPete Villa have signed so many players, I wonder if they’d let Birkir Bjarnason come to us on loan? He’d work so well with Rino, but more importantly, he’s Icelandic.

To be fair, Villa had quite a few players on loan last year and then they released a good few players who were in their playoff final squad (even Adomah who started). So even though they’ve made 10 signings, I still think their squad is just as big as it was last year

But Hogan and Bjarnason are good shouts, both scored against us last year in that depressing 3-0 defeat there

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Jul 2019 19:57

Snowflake Royal He tries to trick his way through too much, plays extravagant balls, ignores simple passing and is positionally clueless when not in possession.

Can we see the stats to back that up? Or is it just your opinion?

Just wondering that is all........

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jul 2019 20:06

Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal He tries to trick his way through too much, plays extravagant balls, ignores simple passing and is positionally clueless when not in possession.

Opinion of things largely not well measured in stats but in some cases supported by some stats.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 20:24

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal

Opinion of things largely not well measured in stats but in some cases supported by some stats.

Never understood why some players wind you up so much Ian. When generally your posts are pretty balanced

Swift has his weak spots, but is obvs a half decent player. Every manager has picked him when fit. I just don’t think some of that stuff is true - he isn’t a big ‘hollywood’ ball man, and he is often pretty economical in keeping possession and playing short passes

No obvious sign of any big attitude, seems well liked by his teammates and always acknowledges the crowd. Seems a generally decent chap. Don’t think there’s loads to really dislike

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2019 20:26

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal Can we see the stats to back that up? Or is it just your opinion?

Never understood why some players wind you up so much Ian. When generally your posts are pretty balanced

Swift has his weak spots, but is obvs a half decent player. Every manager has picked him when fit. I just don’t think some of that stuff is true - he isn’t a big ‘hollywood’ ball man, and he is often pretty economical in keeping possession and playing short passes

No obvious sign of any big attitude, seems well liked by his teammates and always acknowledges the crowd. Seems a generally decent chap.

I like to think my fervent support of Swift has made Ian double down on his criticism of Swift.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 20:28

I’m guessing that’s why you do it

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Jul 2019 20:31

Maybe partly. But I am partial to a good, calm number 10 who always looks like hes playing at his own pace.

Swift is a championship Ozil. I get why people dont like or rate him but, to me, hes a joy to watch.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jul 2019 20:34

I get why he winds people up (inc me on occasions) but I don’t get the massive dislike or over looking his good qualities, of which he has many

I’m a fan - he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet. Not that there isn’t a lot he could improve on

1826 posts