CONFIMRED - Lucas Boye

Esteban

Re: Lucas Boye

by Esteban » 31 Jul 2019 19:19

WestYorksRoyal Is a winger who can play up front what we need? More experienced option than Loader, Barrett and Olise who can play there. But genuine out and out striker is surely more important? Maybe the club are trying their best to bring one of them in too and we should just be happy with extra options.

Those were my thoughts too. Happy enough another winger, but I hope we are still looking for a centre midfielder and a striker.

Good points made on Barrett, Loader and Olise. Questions over Nova as well, not sure if he's going to get much playing time.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Jul 2019 19:26

Esteban
WestYorksRoyal Is a winger who can play up front what we need? More experienced option than Loader, Barrett and Olise who can play there. But genuine out and out striker is surely more important? Maybe the club are trying their best to bring one of them in too and we should just be happy with extra options.

Those were my thoughts too. Happy enough another winger, but I hope we are still looking for a centre midfielder and a striker.

Good points made on Barrett, Loader and Olise. Questions over Nova as well, not sure if he's going to get much playing time.

ANOTHER winger? as far as I can see we only have one out and out winger, and thats Barrow.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 31 Jul 2019 19:31

Oneboro ..

40 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Has this Boye to reading rumour been confirmed by anyone other than their local paper?

Honestly mate I think that ship has well and truly sailed.. I've seen us linked with foreign names on news sites like sports-witness in the past that end up going to random low Championship teams

Teams like Reading: A random low Championship team :D

One87One

by One87One » 31 Jul 2019 19:59

Not sure if it was this chap, but we had a medical today at Hogwood.

Esteban

by Esteban » 31 Jul 2019 20:01

windermereROYAL
Esteban

ANOTHER winger? as far as I can see we only have one out and out winger, and thats Barrow.

Yeah, that's a good point. I had our winger/wide forward options down as:

Barrow
Meite
Barrett
Loader
Olise

Plus Baldock if he ends up staying. But agree, Barrow is the only recognised winger in that list.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 31 Jul 2019 20:08

One87One Not sure if it was this chap, but we had a medical today at Hogwood.

We know. Your posting on here is worse than your Twitter account.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Jul 2019 22:26

StellaPlease
One87One Not sure if it was this chap, but we had a medical today at Hogwood.

We know. Your posting on here is worse than your Twitter account.

You can bloddy talk.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Aug 2019 09:19

Looks and plays like Oliveira.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 01 Aug 2019 09:21

Norfolk Royal Looks and plays like Oliveira.

Don't remember oliviera ever playing on the wing.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Aug 2019 09:26

We like to take our time with announcements. First report of completed medical was yesterday afternoon.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2019 09:27

StellaPlease

Then perhaps that makes him a better fit? He seems to have the ability to hold up play as Oliveria did last season but as we seem to be moving to having a more fluid front 4 or 5, the ability for him to switch from playing up top or moving left/right (or vice versa) would be a very interesting addition to what we already have.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 01 Aug 2019 09:31

agree although maybe less greedy Oliveira. if the Bonatini rumour is true can see these two being good signings

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2019 09:37

I'd certainly be happy with the signing based on what I can see about him. If it happens be very interested to see how the deal is structured being as he is out of contract end of the season, and apparently worth a few quid. I'd be surprised however if we were able to afford any sort of transfer fee

Still wouldn't be surprised if we see a big name departure in the next week looking at some of our signings

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Aug 2019 09:45

Hound I'd certainly be happy with the signing based on what I can see about him. If it happens be very interested to see how the deal is structured being as he is out of contract end of the season, and apparently worth a few quid. I'd be surprised however if we were able to afford any sort of transfer fee

Still wouldn't be surprised if we see a big name departure in the next week looking at some of our signings

Didn't realise the contract situation. There is no way you'd loan out a player for next to nothing in this context, particularly if the rumoured 'Boro interest is true.

Maybe at the end of the summer we've taken stock and decided we have some funds following on from our summer business. Or maybe, as you suggest, somebody is on their way. Or a cleverly structured deal where we pay them next year.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Aug 2019 09:46

WestYorksRoyal We like to take our time with announcements. First report of completed medical was yesterday afternoon.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Aug 2019 09:53

WestYorksRoyal
Hound I'd certainly be happy with the signing based on what I can see about him. If it happens be very interested to see how the deal is structured being as he is out of contract end of the season, and apparently worth a few quid. I'd be surprised however if we were able to afford any sort of transfer fee

Didn't realise the contract situation. There is no way you'd loan out a player for next to nothing in this context, particularly if the rumoured 'Boro interest is true.

Maybe at the end of the summer we've taken stock and decided we have some funds following on from our summer business. Or maybe, as you suggest, somebody is on their way. Or a cleverly structured deal where we pay them next year.

Sold to a random Chinese club then loaned to us....

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Aug 2019 12:24

StellaPlease

Probably why I didn't specify where he plays.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 01 Aug 2019 13:49

You’d expect it to be Barrow if this chap is a winger

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2019 13:53

What is it about the free transfer and loan signings that make you think a big name will leave?

Not saying they won't but so far the signings tie up with what I would have expected us to do this summer in our current position whilst retaining our "crown jewels". If Boye, does arrive and is anything other than a loan, I may well change my view.

StellaPlease

Re: RUMOUR - Lucas Boye

by StellaPlease » 01 Aug 2019 14:22

Don't think this one is even use to being done.