The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
Royal Bison

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Royal Bison » 19 Jul 2019 09:44

Zip Low did well in the January transfer window and so far his extremely pessimistic views about signings this summer have looked justified. Next to nothing has happened over the past ten weeks. It’s been the slowest transfer window I can recall. So it’s hard for any journo to make things interesting with next to no material.

He does lack charisma but I couldn’t care less about that. He isn’t close to the players but isn’t that a good thing? At least he can report on player performance without feeling compromised.

And to be fair, whilst a few on here were saying Oliveira and others were done deals, Low said they definitely wouldn't be back at the club.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Jul 2019 11:41

John Smith Where did that horrendous Al-Habsi rumour come from?! There is no way that butter-fingered clown is ever setting foot in my club again!

Nice to see you back on form John! :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jul 2019 18:10

Tilehurstsouthbank
John Smith Where did that horrendous Al-Habsi rumour come from?! There is no way that butter-fingered clown is ever setting foot in my club again!

He does try ever so hard.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Jul 2019 18:25

Tilehurstsouthbank

FFS don’t encourage him Steve. :(

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 19 Jul 2019 20:10

So today's transfer has happened without any local journo calling it. I know we're in a different era compared to Evening Post days but the quality of this lot is dire.

Low may be a nice guy and harmless but a journalist's job is to network and get contacts to get exclusives - like Watts did, so he has failed miserably on that score.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 19 Jul 2019 21:13

Mid Sussex Royal So today's transfer has happened without any local journo calling it. I know we're in a different era compared to Evening Post days but the quality of this lot is dire.

Low may be a nice guy and harmless but a journalist's job is to network and get contacts to get exclusives - like Watts did, so he has failed miserably on that score.

Well...they did say we were after James Morrison earlier in the summer - maybe they just got the wrong Morrison?!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Jul 2019 22:36

Zip Low did well in the January transfer window and so far his extremely pessimistic views about signings this summer have looked justified. Next to nothing has happened over the past ten weeks. It’s been the slowest transfer window I can recall. So it’s hard for any journo to make things interesting with next to no material.

He does lack charisma but I couldn’t care less about that. He isn’t close to the players but isn’t that a good thing? At least he can report on player performance without feeling compromised.

You’re correct with your last paragraph. I think he’s too soft and not pushy enough to be a real high profile journalist

But I Just don’t get the people that consistently slag them off. I really don’t, and I saw one on Twitter today moaning about him taking a screenshot of something! It’s really simple, if you don’t like the content someone writes, don’t read it. It’s like people have to complain about something to make themselves feel better

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2019 07:31

URZZZZ

You’re correct with your last paragraph. I think he’s too soft and not pushy enough to be a real high profile journalist

But I Just don’t get the people that consistently slag them off. I really don’t, and I saw one on Twitter today moaning about him taking a screenshot of something! It’s really simple, if you don’t like the content someone writes, don’t read it. It’s like people have to complain about something to make themselves feel better

It's weird isn't it. Experienced it a bit at work this week. People complaining about being too busy, too many distractions, and others not answering the phones.

I tell them to use a quiet room we have reserved and put themselves on do not disturb for a bit. Don't pick up other people's calls and give other people a shout to pick up theirs if they've had a few in quick succession. A week later, they've done absolutely none of that and they're complaining about the same things.

Don't complain to me about things you can do something about and just choose not to.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jul 2019 11:51

Snowflake Royal Don't complain to me about things you can do something about and just choose not to.

+100000000

The most annoying thing in the world.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 22 Jul 2019 12:12

Zip
Tilehurstsouthbank

FFS don’t encourage him Steve. :(

:lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jul 2019 12:42

URZZZZ

yeah he actually bit on that one, which I think is the first time he has done that. People on twitter are bloody weird. If its not just slagging people off, its repeating shit like 'Announce Miazga'. Just a bizarre thing to do

One87One

by One87One » 22 Jul 2019 20:44

Kudos to Courtney. Called both Miazga and Adam. Both to be announced tomorrow morning.

JLow nowhere to be seen as usual, waiting for the club email to post...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2019 21:17

One87One Kudos to Courtney. Called both Miazga and Adam. Both to be announced tomorrow morning.

That’s harsh on Low who did well in January. Fair play to Courtney though. He’s done well.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2019 21:19

One87One Kudos to Courtney. Called both Miazga and Adam. Both to be announced tomorrow morning.

If you throw enough shit at a wall it will stick eventually.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jul 2019 21:57

Yep, good call from Friday. Why is he so much more on the ball now he doesn’t work for the chronicle?

JLows had an odd summer. Dunno why maffff seems to think his shit trolling of him/kiss-arsing CF is helping though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Aug 2019 14:24

Absolutely stellar press conference coverage from Get Reading here

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-16651871

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2019 22:21

genome Absolutely stellar press conference coverage from Get Reading here

Less is more :D

Anyway sounds like Blackett and McIntyre are out. Makes the CB decision a lot easier

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Aug 2019 23:35

Hound
genome Absolutely stellar press conference coverage from Get Reading here

Less is more :D

Anyway sounds like Blackett and McIntyre are out. Makes the CB decision a lot easier

Convenient

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 Aug 2019 17:33

It must be said, Courtney Friday take a oxf*rd bow. He’s been the go-to this window. One step ahead. Thank you matey!

Edit 13/08 ... the kid is a prick
Last edited by Oilroyal on 13 Aug 2019 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2019 17:35

Yes excellent work. Well done Courtney, turned it right around this summer

Nice to see how chuffed he is with the kudos as well

888 posts