2100 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by The Enfield Royal71 » 29 Jul 2019 19:57

StellaPlease
One87One
John Smith You don't need to eat burgers during a 90 minute football match

Agreed. I’m thinking more about that 15 minute break in the middle ...

Don't have a panic attack mate, it's only a burger.

Hi Kes!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2019 18:47

I don't know if the C1871 founders read this thread (probably best not to a lot of the time), but I thought the letter in with the ST was a nice touch from you and the club.

Good job, thank you for your hard work and for getting off your backsides and actually doing something positive. It's appreciated. Look forward to a packed and raucous South Stand on Friday.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jul 2019 18:57

Snowflake Royal I don't know if the C1871 founders read this thread (probably best not to a lot of the time), but I thought the letter in with the ST was a nice touch from you and the club.

Good job, thank you for your hard work and for getting off your backsides and actually doing something positive. It's appreciated. Look forward to a packed and raucous South Stand on Friday.

Don’t know how raucous it’s going to be a day before kick off :!: :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2019 19:03

Hendo
Snowflake Royal I don't know if the C1871 founders read this thread (probably best not to a lot of the time), but I thought the letter in with the ST was a nice touch from you and the club.

Literally no idea why I typed Friday. Was thinking Saturday.

Early onset it seems. :o

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Jul 2019 20:51

Where is everybody sitting on Sat? Shall we meet up at the kfc for lunch at 12 and then the hotel bar for a big sesh?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jul 2019 15:50

Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Literally no idea why I typed Friday. Was thinking Saturday.

Early onset it seems. :o

Secret Boro/Luton fan IMO. :lol:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 18:53

The Enfield Royal71 Where is everybody sitting on Sat? Shall we meet up at the kfc for lunch at 12 and then the hotel bar for a big sesh?

Anybody?

One87One

by One87One » 31 Jul 2019 20:02

The Enfield Royal71
The Enfield Royal71 Where is everybody sitting on Sat? Shall we meet up at the kfc for lunch at 12 and then the hotel bar for a big sesh?

Anybody?

A big sesh in the hotel? If you’re buying!

I’ll be enjoying some street food and then a couple of cans of cider before kick-off. Fancy paying club prices!

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 20:05

One87One
The Enfield Royal71

Anybody?

I’ll be enjoying some street food and then a couple of cans of cider before kick-off. Fancy paying club prices!

I'll join you

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 31 Jul 2019 20:10

One87One
The Enfield Royal71

Anybody?

You make going to the football sound like a day at a country fair.

That's club 1871 for you.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 21:13

StellaPlease
One87One
The Enfield Royal71
Anybody?

You make going to the football sound like a day at a country fair.

That's club 1871 for you.

Dont knock it.

Me and others like oma and john smith did and we have now joined forces with them. You should try.

One87One

by One87One » 01 Aug 2019 10:47

Listen, I’m getting on a bit now so I look forward to some food at football and my bovril at half-time. My match-day experience is a bit different to when I was in my 20’s...

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Aug 2019 22:35

Last call.

12pm at b and q and then get some grub and booze.

I will be wearing my new gk kit with double d on the back

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2019 10:38

I almost want to turn up to see if you, or anyone else, is stood there like a lemon alone and looking sad and confused.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 03 Aug 2019 11:33

Well feel free to and then when i spot you we can go together to the game. It will be fun. Like Wizards day out but two mortal enemies turned best of friends bonding over some katsu curry and craft beer and sub-standard football. Like a heartwarming movie.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2019 12:01

Things to do, people to see.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 04 Aug 2019 10:57

I'm sorry, and I appreciate what club1871 is doing and it really is needed, but today it was embarrassing. Fully if happy clapping and it only took Wednesday once to really pipe up and they sounded like a proper mob. Full of lads having it and ours looked like a bunch of lite boys on a happy day out.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 04 Aug 2019 11:17

StellaPlease I'm sorry, and I appreciate what club1871 is doing and it really is needed, but today it was embarrassing. Fully if happy clapping and it only took Wednesday once to really pipe up and they sounded like a proper mob. Full of lads having it and ours looked like a bunch of lite boys on a happy day out.

Where were you sat Stella?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 04 Aug 2019 11:30

StellaPlease I'm sorry, and I appreciate what club1871 is doing and it really is needed, but today it was embarrassing. Fully if happy clapping and it only took Wednesday once to really pipe up and they sounded like a proper mob. Full of lads having it and ours looked like a bunch of lite boys on a happy day out.

Tbf , SW had double the numbers that are in Club 1871.

I was pretty sceptical / cynical about it last season. But think it’s doing a decent job Even if it is in the wrong place still. It will always be isolated due to being wedged between the away fans and the library that is the west stand and therefore it’s impact is reduced. Should be in the ED where the current “family” enclosure is. ED / East Stand corner looked pretty empty yesterday unfortunately. Club needs to bite the bullet and do the reshuffle. It’ll be better for everyone in the long run, even if a few fans get disgruntled about having to move.

I’ve moved out of the family part given the game of the “kids” that now come with us when they aren’t at university and it’s quite interesting getting a different perspective. Just going t buy match day tickets in different parts this season.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 04 Aug 2019 11:34

3points

Tbf , SW had double the numbers that are in Club 1871.

I was pretty sceptical / cynical about it last season. But think it’s doing a decent job Even if it is in the wrong place still. It will always be isolated due to being wedged between the away fans and the library that is the west stand and therefore it’s impact is reduced. Should be in the ED where the current “family” enclosure is. ED / East Stand corner looked pretty empty yesterday unfortunately. Club needs to bite the bullet and do the reshuffle. It’ll be better for everyone in the long run, even if a few fans get disgruntled about having to move.

I’ve moved out of the family part given the game of the “kids” that now come with us when they aren’t at university and it’s quite interesting getting a different perspective. Just going t buy match day tickets in different parts this season.

It's in the right place, the away supporters are in the same place and they make noise.

It's the demographic unfortunately, you need some proper lads in there.
I'm all for the movement but something ain't right.

2100 posts