FREE travel to 15 away games

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

FREE travel to 15 away games

by STAR Liaison » 31 Jul 2019 10:06

Great news – Reading FC and STAR are offering supporters the chance to go to Hull and back on 10th August for FREE. And not just Hull but 14 of the more distant away fixtures

It’s our first League away game of the season and owner Mr Yongge Dai has very generously offered to cover the coach travel costs – it would be £30 per person – so that we can have plenty of support at the KC Stadium. It’s a ground we’ve never yet won on so time to break that record.

STAR applauds this fantastic gesture and will be organising the coach bookings. In order to take advantage of this offer, supporters will need to be STAR members (you can join for £10 / £5 concessions for the whole season) and need to buy a match ticket. Let’s make it a great day out and a big support for the team. Coaches will leave Madejski Stadium at 7.45am that morning and pick up fans from West Street at 8am.

And if you don’t fancy Hull there are 14 other Championship venues you can travel to for FREE instead!

QUALIFYING FOR FREE TRAVEL
- You must be a 2019-20 member of STAR and show your member card when booking. Member cards are not transferable
- Membership cards will be checked before boarding the coach
- You must have bought / buy a match ticket for the fixture
- You must have an RFC Customer number (we don’t want to be carrying opposition fans for free!)

HOW AND WHEN CAN YOU BOOK?
- You can book at STAR Base during our normal hours of operation or online via our website.
- We will normally start taking bookings four weeks in advance of the fixture. For capacity reasons online bookings will normally cease two weeks before the fixture.
- STAR has a standing order for five coaches with Horsemans – enough for 250 supporters – and if we have sufficient early demand we can hire more. We will need to use our discretion at times – it would be wrong for all sorts of reasons to book a coach to Middlesbrough for just two people who decided to go at the last minute – it would be cheaper for them to fly!
- Please note that for 8 nearest away grounds this season, and for cup-ties, STAR will still be charging coach fares to travel

Blue Blood

Re: FREE travel to 15 away games

by Blue Blood » 06 Aug 2019 20:58

This is fantastic

Do you have a list of the other 14 games?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 06 Aug 2019 23:35

Blue Blood This is fantastic

Do you have a list of the other 14 games?

Barnsley, Birmingham, Blackburn, Derby County, Huddersfield, Leeds United, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest, Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke City, Swansea City, West Bromwich Albion and Wigan

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/j ... -fixtures/

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Aug 2019 08:54

Coaches sold out for Hull, but not telling us how many.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 09 Aug 2019 16:12

windermereROYAL Coaches sold out for Hull, but not telling us how many.

Five.

0.67 last season

urzmikep

by urzmikep » 14 Aug 2019 13:29

I purchased a ticket & Star Coach for the West Brom game yesterday and my son had to check he could get the day off work to go.
He managed to get Confirmation this morning that he is able to and went ahead and booked the ticket for the game, however its saying that the coach travel is sold out which means that my son has no means of getting to the game.

Hopefully you will be able to put some additional coaches on as tickets for the game only went on sale yesterday and I'm hoping there will be more demand for travel.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Aug 2019 21:57

More seats appear to be available.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 16 Aug 2019 08:36

urzmikep I purchased a ticket & Star Coach for the West Brom game yesterday and my son had to check he could get the day off work to go.
He managed to get Confirmation this morning that he is able to and went ahead and booked the ticket for the game, however its saying that the coach travel is sold out which means that my son has no means of getting to the game.

Hopefully you will be able to put some additional coaches on as tickets for the game only went on sale yesterday and I'm hoping there will be more demand for travel.

As LW says more coaches now on. I booked online last night.

We’re learning on the job as it were regarding managing the demand for the free travel offer, especially as we’ve also just introduced online booking for all members. There’s quite a few factors involved. Best advice is book early and if the online system says sold out a week or more before the game either wait for it to be updated (we can’t offer seats on a coach we haven’t yet hired) or contact STAR.

Support so far has been strong despite the results.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Aug 2019 18:40

Will anymore coaches be added for Huddersfield?

LumpWarden

by LumpWarden » 18 Aug 2019 20:32

Lower West Will anymore coaches be added for Huddersfield?

Just booked four tickets for the game and realised after the fact that the travel is showing as sold out - hopeful that there will be more added too!!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Aug 2019 22:01

Pretty disgusted that Huddersfield are charging £30 for tickets. I live close by but won't be attending.

cornflake

by cornflake » 19 Aug 2019 09:26

Will any more coach seats be available for Huddersfield ?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Aug 2019 11:16

cornflake Will any more coach seats be available for Huddersfield ?

We're working on it. Bit of a surge in demand after Sunday! Look out for news later in the week, sorry can't be more definitive today.

cornflake

by cornflake » 19 Aug 2019 11:34

STAR Liaison

We're working on it. Bit of a surge in demand after Sunday! Look out for news later in the week, sorry can't be more definitive today.

Thanks

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Aug 2019 21:56

cornflake
STAR Liaison

Thanks

I believe there is a bit more availability for Huddersfield online now / maybe at STAR Base Tuesday night. Good luck.

cornflake

by cornflake » 20 Aug 2019 06:36

STAR Liaison
cornflake
STAR Liaison

Thanks

I believe there is a bit more availability for Huddersfield online now / maybe at STAR Base Tuesday night. Good luck.

Booked. Many thanks.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 20 Aug 2019 15:38

cornflake
STAR Liaison
cornflake Thanks

Booked. Many thanks.

S'alright.

We've come up with more seats; available now online or at STAR Base tonight - Tues 20, 7.30pm-9pm.

I'm pretty sure this will be the very last coach to Huddersfield.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 20 Aug 2019 15:52

To be precise the coach tickets can't be available online or at STAR Base at the same time so they'll be coming offline shortly and will go back online tomorrow depending on whether any left after bookings at STAR Base.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2019 15:53

I know it is about 8 months away, but I can imagine Blackburn, as the last away game of the season, will probably be quite popular.

Especially as we would've celebrated promotion about 4 weeks before :wink:

Ranger_762

by Ranger_762 » 22 Aug 2019 17:24

Eh, at least you all can use that kind of offers :lol: I've been living abroad for so long, I'm starting to forget how it feels to watch the Royals at home...