Bristol City (A)

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Bristol City (A)

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Sep 2019 11:22

sandman
WoodleyRoyal
STAR Liaison
What's the source for this, please?

At a national level we're seen as the good guys in all this and I think there's going to be another effort to get Champ clubs to look at this again.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... p-16689129

Ah. I think I see what you've done wrong here.

Trusting an article printed in the mirror?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Sep 2019 11:23

WoodleyRoyal
sandman

Correct.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Sep 2019 11:27

sandman
WoodleyRoyal
sandman

Correct.

:D Whilst I agree with the sentiment, they have quoted their figures from 'Reach Data Unit' an independent body, I also didn't quote the second source of my info in my reply to STAR as I couldn't find it again. I've just gone back and edited it, I found it in the end. This second source is from the football supporters website FSF and I don't think anyone can deny their intentions.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/Champio ... -the-world

However, as I say the FSF article is from February last season so it only has 3 quarters of the seasons stats, whereas the mirror article is at the end of the season (June) so has the stats for the whole season inclusive.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 23 Sep 2019 13:22

St Pauli
sandman
St Pauli I think it’s good that we only charge £20. It’s the right thing to do so f/ck what everyone else does.

If other clubs want to be c/nts let them. At the end of the day we’re all Football fans, if someone from somewhere else in the country has an enjoyable and slightly more economical day out because of our honest and moral pricing that should be something we should be proud of rather than criticising our club for.

Nah, f[u]ck that noise. Let's charge the bastards the earth like they do us.

Why? Financially, it’ll make little difference, in fact we may earn more as bigger away crowds = more beer and food sales.

And the greater the away backing, the more home defeats for us!

Ok...the poor tactics are more of a factor, but large away followings certainly help opponents

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 23 Sep 2019 14:29

Notts Royal
St Pauli
sandman
Nah, f[u]ck that noise. Let's charge the bastards the earth like they do us.

Why? Financially, it’ll make little difference, in fact we may earn more as bigger away crowds = more beer and food sales.

Ok...the poor tactics are more of a factor, but large away followings certainly help opponents

I've always been highly dubious about how much this helps. Would be interesting if there was actually any research into it apart from just comparing home/away wins.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Sep 2019 14:48

St Pauli
Notts Royal
St Pauli

I've always been highly dubious about how much this helps. Would be interesting if there was actually any research into it apart from just comparing home/away wins.

Agreed, take Spain as an example, yes a completely different culture and atmosphere inside the ground, however away travel is virtually non existent there. It never seems to have any bearings on results though.

It might be a terrible example I’ve just given up to you whether you think Spanish and English football is comparable but it’s food for thought.

http://backpagefootball.com/why-dont-sp ... el/120705/

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 23 Sep 2019 15:15

WoodleyRoyal
sandman
WoodleyRoyal

Correct.

:D Whilst I agree with the sentiment, they have quoted their figures from 'Reach Data Unit' an independent body, I also didn't quote the second source of my info in my reply to STAR as I couldn't find it again. I've just gone back and edited it, I found it in the end. This second source is from the football supporters website FSF and I don't think anyone can deny their intentions.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/Champio ... -the-world

However, as I say the FSF article is from February last season so it only has 3 quarters of the seasons stats, whereas the mirror article is at the end of the season (June) so has the stats for the whole season inclusive.

Thanks - STAR.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 23 Sep 2019 15:25

The Mirror piece quotes the four lowest away fan prices, ranging from £19.57 to £23.18 - and it doesn't include us!! Brum WBA Wigan Rovrum.

This is either a mistake or due to booking fees put on by our opponents when selling our cheapo tickets.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Sep 2019 16:13

STAR Liaison The Mirror piece quotes the four lowest away fan prices, ranging from £19.57 to £23.18 - and it doesn't include us!! Brum WBA Wigan Rovrum.

This is either a mistake or due to booking fees put on by our opponents when selling our cheapo tickets.

This was the point I was making. Are we sure we only charge £20 to every visiting team? Admittedly the mirror may have got this wrong it is the mirror after all.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 24 Sep 2019 17:59

Anyway back on topic, IN x 4. Would be good to see us take a reasonable number here as it's not far or expensive to get to.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Sep 2019 12:28

What's the best train route to here?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Sep 2019 12:52

Theroyalbox What's the best train route to here?

https://www.thetrainline.com/

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 30 Sep 2019 13:58

Old Man Andrews

oxf*rd

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Sep 2019 14:14

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews

oxf*rd

I'd probably go direct to Bristol rather than detour, personally.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Oct 2019 08:05

While the train goes direct to Bristol, neither Parkway nor Temple Meads is anywhere near the ground.

Best option is a train to Parkway, then change to a local train service to Parson Street. From there it is a 20 minute walk or you can get the bus.

If you go to Temple Meads then get a taxi from the station. I've bussed it before and it was not worthwhile.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Oct 2019 09:34

SCIAG

While the train goes direct to Bristol, neither Parkway nor Temple Meads is anywhere near the ground.

Best option is a train to Parkway, then change to a local train service to Parson Street. From there it is a 20 minute walk or you can get the bus.

If you go to Temple Meads then get a taxi from the station. I've bussed it before and it was not worthwhile.

Any pubs by temple meads or is it better to go to town centre

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 Oct 2019 15:25

Does anyone else always read "Bristol Temple Meads" in a west country accent when they see it?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Oct 2019 18:33

Green Does anyone else always read "Bristol Temple Meads" in a west country accent when they see it?

I always read it in a GWR or National Rail automated voice.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Oct 2019 18:35

Theroyalbox
SCIAG

Any pubs by temple meads or is it better to go to town centre

I'm the wrong person to ask but I've always thought of Temple Meads as being quite central. There are pubs nearby but I can't offer any recommendations.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Oct 2019 10:29

I didn't realise that to add insult to injury, our own club add £1.50 to the already extortionate £32, even if you collect the ticket in person from the ticket office! :twisted: