MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (h) sponsored by a new hope

141 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (h) sponsored by a new hope

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2019 20:20

Mr Optimist It will be nice just to get to being a mid table side again as I am getting sick over the last couple of years of hearing bottom feeder clubs like Brentford, Preston, and Bristol Shitty coming out with the "should be beating teams like Reading" comments.

You expect the Billy Big Balls comments from old dinosaurs Leeds, Wednesday and Forest but you know how far you have sunk when everyone else is having a pop.

I suppose we've had a good run for nearly 20 years now, it's now 17 years since we were last out of the top two divisions. How many of the "should beat sides like Reading" clubs can say the same.

Fair play to one bloke on the PNE site who is calling their manager out for the shithouse tactics, much respect to that man. Although there is someone else who thinks the ref was our star man today.

The guy in the tracksuit in their technical area was gesturing at their No. 2 to get on his feet and get on with it quite emphatically when he was play acting in the SW corner at the end. Needless to say the shithouse ignored his boss and carried on crying.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Oct 2019 20:33

Woodcote Royal
Hound Thought we played well. PNE top of the table and we just about outplayed them.

We just shaped up a whole lot better. Players seem to know their positions and proper actual tactics

PNE were a horrible divey, niggly bunch, constantly play acting and trying to ref the game. Deserved to lose deep in injury time for that alone

Cracking moment that winner as well, brilliant...

My biggest take from the day was, just how cr@p are PNE :|

So crap that they were in unbeaten in 9 league games and lying third.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2019 20:46

Ascotexgunner
Woodcote Royal
Hound Thought we played well. PNE top of the table and we just about outplayed them.

We just shaped up a whole lot better. Players seem to know their positions and proper actual tactics

PNE were a horrible divey, niggly bunch, constantly play acting and trying to ref the game. Deserved to lose deep in injury time for that alone

They were awful today. I think even Blackburn looked better against us.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Oct 2019 20:46

Ascotexgunner
Woodcote Royal

They were poor today though,

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Oct 2019 20:51

Preston were dreadful. They rarely threatened and were clearly happy to settle for a point. We were not much better but at least had a bit of a go.
Meite and Puscas didn’t have any connection at all though and that needs to change.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (h) sponsored by a new hopes

by URZZZZ » 19 Oct 2019 20:59

Zip Preston were dreadful. They rarely threatened and were clearly happy to settle for a point. We were not much better but at least had a bit of a go.
Meite and Puscas didn’t have any connection at all though and that needs to change.

Well, Preston have only one won one away game all season. This is why I was challenging all the negative vibes in here. It’s clear they’re an effective and solid team but not good enough to threaten away from home

Agree with Puscas and Meite but IIRC it’s their first game. I’d rather Baldock/Boye but permitting a Meite injury, I want to see them get a couple of games together to forge a relationship

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Oct 2019 21:20

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner
Woodcote Royal

They were poor today though,

They were indeed poor but you don't get to be third by fluke. They have been banging the goals in as well and we have stopped them scoring. That counts for quite a bit when you think how rubbish out back line has played.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2019 22:53

URZZZZ
Zip Preston were dreadful. They rarely threatened and were clearly happy to settle for a point. We were not much better but at least had a bit of a go.

Well, Preston have only one won one away game all season. This is why I was challenging all the negative vibes in here. It’s clear they’re an effective and solid team but not good enough to threaten away from home

Agree with Puscas and Meite but IIRC it’s their first game. I’d rather Baldock/Boye but permitting a Meite injury, I want to see them get a couple of games together to forge a relationship

Third... started together against Bristol and Fulham - but in a 3 with Barrett for that one... at least until Swift got sent off.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Oct 2019 10:36

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Third... started together against Bristol and Fulham - but in a 3 with Barrett for that one... at least until Swift got sent off.

Yeah, meant as a 2 but forgot about Bristol

Can’t see him changing it to be honest. Joao and Boye are injured, not sure Baldock is ready to start (he basically hasn’t played for 10 months) and not sure about Loader yet

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2019 11:24

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Can’t see him changing it to be honest. Joao and Boye are injured, not sure Baldock is ready to start (he basically hasn’t played for 10 months) and not sure about Loader yet

Meite is also injured. I'll be amazed if he's in the QPR squad

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Oct 2019 12:21

Yep agreed on Meite, didn’t look in a great way

Not quite sure how that challenge escaped a booking tbh

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 20 Oct 2019 12:31

sandman Well ground out win against the runaway leaders for the Fallon D'floor awards.

Thanks for that - made me chuckle anyway!!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Oct 2019 12:52

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Third... started together against Bristol and Fulham - but in a 3 with Barrett for that one... at least until Swift got sent off.

Would probably give Loader a start and give Baldock 30. What Gomes should have done with Obita (albeit very different situations). I think we’d be a lot more effective starting Loader and giving Baldock 30 rather than the other way around

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2019 12:58

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Would probably give Loader a start and give Baldock 30. What Gomes should have done with Obita (albeit very different situations). I think we’d be a lot more effective starting Loader and giving Baldock 30 rather than the other way around

I'd love to see Loader do well. He just offers very little IMO.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Oct 2019 13:18

Ascotexgunner
Woodcote Royal

and league's top-scorers, apparently

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Oct 2019 13:28

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Meite is also injured. I'll be amazed if he's in the QPR squad

Loader hasn’t played much more than Baldock recently. Baldock has at least been training with the first 11, had a full preseason and played the Arsenal game. He’d be fine to start

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2019 13:29

Snowball
Ascotexgunner
Woodcote Royal

and league's top-scorers, apparently

Happily, being third and league top scorers doesn't mean you play well every game.

They were shit. Total bobbins.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Oct 2019 14:40

Hound
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Loader hasn’t played much more than Baldock recently. Baldock has at least been training with the first 11, had a full preseason and played the Arsenal game. He’d be fine to start

The bench is actually a very important part of football. Loader never makes an impact off the bench IMO

If we have a bench of Walker McIntyre Richards Blackett Adam Rinomhota Loader, there’s not exactly many game changers there whereas Baldock is

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Oct 2019 14:51

Understood - but likewise I’d expect Baldock to make more of an impact In the first 60, and would rather have more of his time on the pitch

Chance for Olise, Barrett or McCleary maybe on the bench. Agreed we certainly don’t need Richards, McIntyre and Blackett on there

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2019 15:00

Hound Understood - but likewise I’d expect Baldock to make more of an impact In the first 60, and would rather have more of his time on the pitch

Chance for Olise, Barrett or McCleary maybe on the bench. Agreed we certainly don’t need Richards, McIntyre and Blackett on there

Yeah. Those three you mention could all have an impact. Plus I'd be dropping one of Ovie or Swift too which would even more bench impact.

Anyone fancy a front three of Baldock, Puscas, Meite when all fit?

141 posts