BFTT - QPR (A)

142 posts
yuomi

Re: BFTT - QPR (A)

by yuomi » 24 Oct 2019 11:55

Any sign of retrospective action on Miazga as yet?

Is there a deadline for this sort of thing?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 11:56

yuomi Any sign of retrospective action on Miazga as yet?

Yes.

Basildon

by Basildon » 24 Oct 2019 12:02

Old Man Andrews

Yes.

Informative as ever :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2019 14:21

Old Man Andrews

Yes.

Assuming it can’t be later than the end of today. Otherwise be pretty harsh on the manager having to change plans and lineup for Saturday

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Oct 2019 14:29

Either FA aren’t convinced from the available video evidence that it was any more than “handbags” or perhaps one of the officials did see it and reported it as nothing much or perhaps it’s still being debated by the FA

Would agree that if it is going to happen it needs to be today, anyone know more on whether there is a time limit as presumably you can’t be suddenly be charged several weeks after the event?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Oct 2019 14:31

Sutekh Either FA aren’t convinced from the available video evidence that it was any more than “handbags” or perhaps one of the officials did see it and reported it as nothing much or perhaps it’s still being debated by the FA

Would agree that if it is going to happen it needs to be today, anyone know more on whether there is a time limit as presumably you can’t be suddenly be charged several weeks after the event?

Aren’t these things usually sorted by 6pm the Thursday before the next game?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 14:32

Hendo
Sutekh Either FA aren’t convinced from the available video evidence that it was any more than “handbags” or perhaps one of the officials did see it and reported it as nothing much or perhaps it’s still being debated by the FA

I have just been reading up on that. That is normally only when it relates to a fixture that took place Friday/Saturday/Sunday according to the FA guidelines.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Oct 2019 14:34

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

I have just been reading up on that. That is normally only when it relates to a fixture that took place Friday/Saturday/Sunday according to the FA guidelines.

So it’s logical to presume it’s up in the air until next Tuesday

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Oct 2019 14:35

Wasn`t all one sided, Barbet definitely went after Miazga with a little swipe, but Matt just fended him off with his arm, no way an elbow and probably in the handbag category, I reckon if he was going to be charged they would have done it by now.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Oct 2019 14:36

Sutekh
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

That may well be the case then, which would allow him to play on Saturday, presumably.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 14:39

Hendo
Sutekh
Old Man Andrews I have just been reading up on that. That is normally only when it relates to a fixture that took place Friday/Saturday/Sunday according to the FA guidelines.

That may well be the case then, which would allow him to play on Saturday, presumably.

Even if it came in tomorrow it may be wise for the club to appeal it so that he can play against Forest. Risk of that is the FA might find the appeal is "frivolous" and add an extra game to the ban.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTT

by Denver Royal » 24 Oct 2019 14:59

Vision
WestYorksRoyal
karbota He reminds me more of Hopeless Rakels, no quality and goes over too easy.

How many goals did Rakels score? Puscas has 4 already. I think he'll go on to be an excellent signing. He makes good runs in behind, he gambles and gets across his man when crosses come in. He's got in so many goalscoring positions, so hopefully he can kick on now he's got his goal against QPR.

I'm not convinced how well he would work as a lone striker; I don't think his hold up play is great and it may take away from his licence to be a poacher. But alongside Baldock, Meite of Joao I think he'll get 15 or so this season.

I'll stick my neck out that injuries aside he'll end up with at least 15 goals come the end of the season.

It may well be that if we'd signed Oliveira the we wouldn't have got Puscas (although it's more likely that Joao would be the one we didn't splash out on) but a combination of Oliveira pulling defenders over the pitch and Puscas exploiting the space would be very hard to handle at this level.

Puscas/Baldock look promising. If we're now going more direct, not sure how many long high crosses we'll want to play in to them. And not sure Baldock is a 90 min player twice a week over a long season at this point, but we'll see. (Once Joao is back maybe they'll rotate things a bit , AKA the dreaded 'chopping and changing crap').

But yeah, think we maybe missed the boat re. Oliveira. At the time, when he didn't sign with us I sorta figured we just didn't have the money to pull it off, so fair enough. Only for us to then spend big on Joao (and Puscas) later in the window. :?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Oct 2019 14:59

Based on no actual facts I feel like these things are normally announced the following day (or on Monday for Saturday games) but that's just the feeling I get

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2019 15:01

Hang on. If Miazga doesnt get the 3 game ban before the Forest game does that mean OMA was wrong? :o

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2019 15:11

NewCorkSeth Hang on. If Miazga doesnt get the 3 game ban before the Forest game does that mean OMA was wrong? :o

Even if the FA don't charge him, think it'd only be right for us not to play him for 3 games in the circumstances

Barb

by Barb » 24 Oct 2019 17:15

We were linked with that Kelly last season. I prefer who we have, however I think he will take a few more months to fully adjust.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2019 17:19

Presuming the FL/FA haven't done anything as they've seen OMA has already charged, convicted and sentenced him.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Oct 2019 18:16

I can't see why it's a bannable offence.

The victim is called Angel Rangel FFS. What self respecting parents with a surname Rangel would call their kid Angel?

Asking to be bullied, if I'm honest. Miazga was only doing what his parents were asking.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2019 18:35

2 world wars, 1 world cup I can't see why it's a bannable offence.

The victim is called Angel Rangel FFS. What self respecting parents with a surname Rangel would call their kid Angel?

Asking to be bullied, if I'm honest. Miazga was only doing what his parents were asking.

Catalans eh? Typical.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Oct 2019 09:46

2 world wars, 1 world cup I can't see why it's a bannable offence.

The Nevilles grand pa\rents could be laid with the same change. Neville Neville FFS.

142 posts