Rival Watch

17294 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Oct 2019 19:14

TBH, I think we're better off playing 'tough' games. We're in a hole and we've got to dig ourselves out. We've got obvious talent, but lots of it has underperformed.

The last thing I want this lot doing is going in to an 'easier' game thinking it should be fairly comfortable, until we've actually hoiked ourselves out of trouble and put a string of results together.

We all know about the complacency at the end under Stam, thanks to Kelly... I think we saw much the same last season except for a crucial few weeks and again early doors this season.

Barb

by Barb » 27 Oct 2019 19:41

I would far prefer to have easier games when we are in a hole, if I'm honest.

Save the harder games for when we are performing.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Oct 2019 21:17

Hound
Old Man Andrews Fulham in one photo.

https://twitter.com/FootballFanCast/sta ... 74594?s=20

what would ours be? Sipping our artisan Oat milk Hazelnut cappuccino from the stall outside the ground?

Surely it's either oat or hazelnut, not both?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Oct 2019 22:56

Hound Yeah it’s not an easy month

We really do seem to have had some tough fixtures to start the season. Teams like Brentford and Wigan are a totally different prospect at home

Actually, just had a look, Brentford are 17th in the form table at home and all the way in 9th away from home which surprises me. We're 22nd in terms of home form and 12th away which is also pretty surprising

1-3-3 isn't actually a desperate record away from home I don't think, it's our poor home form which is costing us

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 28 Oct 2019 02:50

Can't be arsed to take a lot of interest in this season with all the shenanigans, but just looked at the table in detail. Its a very tight league this year - if Forest win against us by 1 goal they go from 10th to 4th, QPR beat Brentford they go from 8th to 2nd. #2 to #11 separated by just 3 points. Looks like this could be the year to make a strong late run. We could be right on the heels of the top pack if we put a strong run together over the next 10 games. I will enjoy a few days of optimism and think/hope this could be the year we could break into the top 6 - forever hopeful until the next result. But the table at this time suggests at least a dozen clubs could be dreaming of the possibilities. So different from the Premier League

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Oct 2019 08:08

URZZZZ

We really do seem to have had some tough fixtures to start the season. Teams like Brentford and Wigan are a totally different prospect at home

Actually, just had a look, Brentford are 17th in the form table at home and all the way in 9th away from home which surprises me. We're 22nd in terms of home form and 12th away which is also pretty surprising

1-3-3 isn't actually a desperate record away from home I don't think, it's our poor home form which is costing us

It's not an easy month but between 2nd November and the end of the first half of fixtures, we have to play the teams currently in:

24th (a)
23rd (a)
19th (H)
18th (a)
16th (H)
15th (H)
13th (a)

Only scheduled to play Leeds and Brum from the current top half (assuming Forest will be in the New Year now)

So yes, tough games because this is the Championship but with 7 games against teams in the bottom half - if we can keep the intensity of the opening 2 games under Bowen there is plenty of opportunity to pick up wins and move away from our current position (or get cut adrift for the more pessimistic of you)

One thing shining through at the mo, so what a poor result the loss to Boro was - they are relegation fodder - I know their keeper had a good day at the office but still.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2019 08:51

yep, that and Blackburn were rancid results. Brum are very much borderline top half. Leeds are tough obvs

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 09:07

URZZZZ
Hound Did they? I certainly didn’t

Wigan surprised me when I watched them the other day vs forest. Quite good

Many of the pro Gomes fans argued a 1-0 defeat at Bristol wasn't a bad result considering their position in the table but I generally can't understand how they're so high, they flatter to decieve

Onto Wigan, I've heard on here and in other places that after the Forest game, we had an easier run in. True to an extent but our three fixtures after the break are Brentford (A), Leeds (H) and Wigan (A). Considering Brentford have only lost one at home, Wigan have only lost one at home and Leeds have only lost one away, that's another tough few games. Really puts pressure on the next two IMO

Bristol are that high because they have gained the appropriate amount of points to do so. HTH.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 09:11

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Hound Did they? I certainly didn’t

Wigan surprised me when I watched them the other day vs forest. Quite good

Many of the pro Gomes fans argued a 1-0 defeat at Bristol wasn't a bad result considering their position in the table but I generally can't understand how they're so high, they flatter to decieve

Onto Wigan, I've heard on here and in other places that after the Forest game, we had an easier run in. True to an extent but our three fixtures after the break are Brentford (A), Leeds (H) and Wigan (A). Considering Brentford have only lost one at home, Wigan have only lost one at home and Leeds have only lost one away, that's another tough few games. Really puts pressure on the next two IMO

Bristol are that high because they have gained the appropriate amount of points to do so. HTH.

Bless, you’ve already lost one argument today so you come back with a tedious (like you) comment like that. Not having a good day are you?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Oct 2019 09:13

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Bless, you’ve already lost one argument today so you come back with a tedious (like you) comment like that. Not having a good day are you?

You don't have a single clue about football I'm afraid. If you don't know how a team has got so high up the table then you really need to go and educate yourself.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 09:46

Stranded
URZZZZ

It's not an easy month but between 2nd November and the end of the first half of fixtures, we have to play the teams currently in:

24th (a)
23rd (a)
19th (H)
18th (a)
16th (H)
15th (H)
13th (a)

Only scheduled to play Leeds and Brum from the current top half (assuming Forest will be in the New Year now)

So yes, tough games because this is the Championship but with 7 games against teams in the bottom half - if we can keep the intensity of the opening 2 games under Bowen there is plenty of opportunity to pick up wins and move away from our current position (or get cut adrift for the more pessimistic of you)

One thing shining through at the mo, so what a poor result the loss to Boro was - they are relegation fodder - I know their keeper had a good day at the office but still.

Although we were one of the teams lower down last year, we struggled to beat the teams around us, I think we got 7 points from a possible 18 from Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham. Most of our wins last year came against the mid table/playoff chasing teams like Brentford, Blackburn, Preston, Bristol etc. This year certainly we need to improve our record against the real dross

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 21:06

Brentford really are a good team to watch, Watkins is unplayable inform

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2019 21:10

QPR decent as well. Good game, crap ref decision for the pen

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Oct 2019 21:19

URZZZZ Brentford really are a good team to watch, Watkins is unplayable inform

:lol:

What a nightmare you are having today!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 21:44

Hound QPR decent as well. Good game, crap ref decision for the pen

Personally didn’t think QPR were great apart from a 20 minute second half spell, not enough penetration on the ball, too safe

I think this year could be one for Brentford to finally get top 6, won three in a row and now have five teams 17th or below (including us obviously). They’ve added the steel they needed in defence with Jansson, can see them doing something whereas I wasn’t sure earlier this season

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 21:46

The Enfield Royal71

Not sure what you disagree with. Is the second top scorer in the league not very good then? Or are Brentford (who have scored 9 goals in 3 games btw) not very good to watch? Or are you yet again fishing for attention like the boring troll you are? Which one is it

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Oct 2019 22:24

URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71

Not sure what you disagree with. Is the second top scorer in the league not very good then? Or are Brentford (who have scored 9 goals in 3 games btw) not very good to watch? Or are you yet again fishing for attention like the boring troll you are? Which one is it

You said he is unplayable but he was clearly playing on the pitch from what I saw.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2019 22:32

The Enfield Royal71
URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71

You said he is unplayable but he was clearly playing on the pitch from what I saw.

Oh dear

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Oct 2019 06:22

URZZZZ
Hound QPR decent as well. Good game, crap ref decision for the pen

Personally didn’t think QPR were great apart from a 20 minute second half spell, not enough penetration on the ball, too safe

I think this year could be one for Brentford to finally get top 6, won three in a row and now have five teams 17th or below (including us obviously). They’ve added the steel they needed in defence with Jansson, can see them doing something whereas I wasn’t sure earlier this season

Yeah QPR ran out of steam quite quickly in the second half

Mind you didn’t think Brentford looked very good either second period - shambolic at the back at times , but good coming forward - standard Brentford really

If they keep their forwards at the club and fit, certainly a good chance of top 6 though

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 19:12

Looks like Derby have terminated Keogh’s contract

17294 posts