QPR H Boxing day now 7.30pm live on SKY

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: QPR H Boxing day now 7.30pm live on SKY

by Cureton's Volley » 26 Oct 2019 13:26

Result!! Kempton Park followed by an evening kick off. 8)

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 01 Nov 2019 11:29

notloyalenuffroyal
John Smith
notloyalenuffroyal
Because people have kids. And taking kids to an afternoon boxing day game, quite possibly as a Christmas present, is a bit different to having to take them at 7.30pm after a long xmas day.

This was a money over families moment from the club, which is a real shame. They should have been focusing on a 3pm kick off, with super special family rates as xmas presents and a visit from Kings-anta.

Utter and complete drivel. "money over families moment from the club" - the club doesn't have a say in when or which games are televised. Also, you say "people have kids" - some people don't have kids. Some people want to go and have a few pints. I think you're being very uninclusive, naive and selfish.

Of course they have a say. They can say no. They wouldn't but they could.

You are so wrong - the club is contractually obliged to accept a change for television. The only reason to refuse is if the police justify it on safety grounds. The club has no possibility of refusing.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Nov 2019 02:05

I personally agree with him. 19:30 for a game on Boxing Day just doesn’t sit right for me. I think it should be one of those rounds of fixtures where every single game is played at 15:00 Boxing Day, with perhaps one Prem game at 12:30 at a push. But hey ho, ultimately it’s not up to us

JR

by JR » 02 Nov 2019 23:47

notloyalenuffroyal
John Smith Really weird from Sky but oh well.

Also, I really don't get the issue with moving the kick off time? It's only a few hours later than previously advertised and if people can't make it they can watch on the TV.

Because people have kids. And taking kids to an afternoon boxing day game, quite possibly as a Christmas present, is a bit different to having to take them at 7.30pm after a long xmas day.

This was a money over families moment from the club, which is a real shame. They should have been focusing on a 3pm kick off, with super special family rates as xmas presents and a visit from Kings-anta.

You blame the club for this? Find that a little harsh given it’s Sky decision!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 06 Dec 2019 14:15

Hound Imagine being given tickets to this game as a Christmas present :lol: . Be divorcing the parents for that

As long as the buses are running, don’t mind tbh. Can have a few beers before etc. Will be wanting to kill the entire family by that stage so actually works quite well

Reading Buses have confirmed that the buses will be running with a £1 surcharge. Reduced F1 service though

https://twitter.com/reading_buses/statu ... 2398228480

Bringing along a few extras for the day, so we'll be in Club 1871. Last time I brought extras to a Christmas game we got fogged off, so hopefully that won't happen again

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Dec 2019 15:29

muirinho
Hound Imagine being given tickets to this game as a Christmas present :lol: . Be divorcing the parents for that

As long as the buses are running, don’t mind tbh. Can have a few beers before etc. Will be wanting to kill the entire family by that stage so actually works quite well

Reading Buses have confirmed that the buses will be running with a £1 surcharge. Reduced F1 service though

Bringing along a few extras for the day, so we'll be in Club 1871. Last time I brought extras to a Christmas game we got fogged off, so hopefully that won't happen again

Excellent news - thanks for posting up

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 06 Dec 2019 17:18

Hound
muirinho

Excellent news - thanks for posting up

Update! the club are going to pay the surcharge!!!!!

https://twitter.com/reading_buses/statu ... 1667993600

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Dec 2019 17:32

I still won`t be there, a bloody disgrace, smallest crowd for a league game ever I would imagine.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 Dec 2019 17:46

windermereROYAL I still won`t be there, a bloody disgrace, smallest crowd for a league game ever I would imagine.

Let's be serious. It WON'T be the smallest crowd for a league game ever.

a) Some folks will have had a gutful of family by end of Boxing Day, and will head off to the game.
b) Kids are off school....no school to worry about
c) The football buses are running, which helps.
d) I know folks who are working on Boxing Day (till afternoon) who are PLEASED it is an evening kick off
e) And finally, carry on the form under Bowen and this game might (dare I say it) require a win to take us into the top half.

I agree it won't be a massive crowd, but it will be more than most people are anticipating.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 06 Dec 2019 20:20

Barney
windermereROYAL I still won`t be there, a bloody disgrace, smallest crowd for a league game ever I would imagine.

Let's be serious. It WON'T be the smallest crowd for a league game ever.

a) Some folks will have had a gutful of family by end of Boxing Day, and will head off to the game.
b) Kids are off school....no school to worry about
c) The football buses are running, which helps.
d) I know folks who are working on Boxing Day (till afternoon) who are PLEASED it is an evening kick off
e) And finally, carry on the form under Bowen and this game might (dare I say it) require a win to take us into the top half.

I agree it won't be a massive crowd, but it will be more than most people are anticipating.

I *was* taking my sick grandad to the game, but he's too sick to go now. The fact it's now on TV is brilliant news for me. I can still hang with him, one last time (likely)!

Hoping for a oxf*rd hat full to be a pleasant memory.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Dec 2019 09:27

Less than 5,393? I’m going to say unlikely... :|