BFTG Millwall

179 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Millwall

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2019 13:03

3points Millwall were very poor yesterday so let’s not get too excited. Their left back was an absolute donkey I think at one point even Swift did him for pace! Yiadom needs to learn to cross a ball and then he’d be super dangerous. Rafael was a bit flappy and isn’t great at coming off his line. Definitely not a sweeper keeper like many of his Brazilian compatriots.

I’ve been very surprised by the praise for Swift on here. I’m usually a big fan and supporter of him, but didn’t feel he had a good game at all yesterday. Seemed to get caught in possession a lot and made some pretty simple errors. His set pieces, except one, were also poor.

But a win is a win even if it was pretty scrappy.

Can’t make next week’s game which is a shame

Supports what Millwall fans are saying. They said that Yiadom ran their left back ragged in the first half and they thought Rafael was dodgy

From the highlights, I know Swift’s free kick hit the crossbar, but to me that wasn’t a good free kick. There was no danger of it going in and considering the position of the kick and the targets (Morrison and Miazga) I think he could have done a lot better with it

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Nov 2019 13:19

If it had been 2 inches lower it would have gone in, so it wasn’t a poor effort . I’m a little confused as to why you’d suggest there was no chance of it going in

Millwall were quite good when they got going, but we just bossed them early. Can’t keep saying every team we beat are poor.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2019 13:32

Didn’t say it was a poor effort to be fair. Given the position he was in, I think a whipped cross into the six yard box would have been better rather than a shot. From my perspective looking at the highlights, it didn’t look like it was in any danger of going in. Obviously being at the game may have given you a different perspective. Put it this way, I’ve seen Swift take many better free kicks

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Nov 2019 13:52

URZZZZ Sounds like some of Stam’s games in season 1. Go two up, stop playing, invite pressure, concede a goal and hang on for grim death at the end

That's why competitive games are good to watch.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2019 14:13

Hound If it had been 2 inches lower it would have gone in, so it wasn’t a poor effort . I’m a little confused as to why you’d suggest there was no chance of it going in

Millwall were quite good when they got going, but we just bossed them early. Can’t keep saying every team we beat are poor.

Quite. His later free kick, now that was poor and never going in. The one that hit the bar was near perfection.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 03 Nov 2019 20:10

RoyalBlue
Royality creeps In Deserved win against one of the poorest sides I have seen this season.
First half we were excellent with Swift imperious. Rhino in a supporting role and Ejaria surprisingly quieter. (I wonder if they were targeting him giving more room for Swift.)
Great goals by Obita and Baldock and unlucky not to go in 3 or 4 up.

Second half started well until Moore went off injured. For whatever reason we went to Rat Shit and somehow found ourselves hanging on against a pub team :oops:

Still I think under Gomes we may have caved in. So not all bad.

Just a big LOLZ to Millwall fans (Kids) Tell it was half term.
(Not that education is something they have anyway)

Being a pedant, most London Boroughs, including Tower Hamlets, had their half-term a week earlier - so what you saw yesterday was their school term presence.

Except that Millwall football Club isn't in Tower Hamlets, it hasn't been for around about 100 years. I think you'll find that they've been in Lewisham quite a while. It's a bit like saying "Arsenal fans are pathetic but what do you expect as it was half term in Woolwich last week".

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Nov 2019 20:50

OldBiscuit
RoyalBlue
Royality creeps In Deserved win against one of the poorest sides I have seen this season.
First half we were excellent with Swift imperious. Rhino in a supporting role and Ejaria surprisingly quieter. (I wonder if they were targeting him giving more room for Swift.)
Great goals by Obita and Baldock and unlucky not to go in 3 or 4 up.

Second half started well until Moore went off injured. For whatever reason we went to Rat Shit and somehow found ourselves hanging on against a pub team :oops:

Still I think under Gomes we may have caved in. So not all bad.

Just a big LOLZ to Millwall fans (Kids) Tell it was half term.
(Not that education is something they have anyway)

Being a pedant, most London Boroughs, including Tower Hamlets, had their half-term a week earlier - so what you saw yesterday was their school term presence.

Except that Millwall football Club isn't in Tower Hamlets, it hasn't been for around about 100 years. I think you'll find that they've been in Lewisham quite a while. It's a bit like saying "Arsenal fans are pathetic but what do you expect as it was half term in Woolwich last week".

If you're going down that route, may I point out that Lewisham is still in London , and therefore had its half-term a week earlier, as per previous comment.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Nov 2019 21:29

royalp-we The simple things Bowen has the players doing has made his first 3 fixtures a joy to watch Reading again; and finally we are playing to the strengths of the players in the team.

The front two are positionally closer together, we look a real threat in attack and the first half Baldock and Puscas could have had a couple each. The tracking back and willingness to win the ball back when we lose possession has meant not one player has had a poor performance. The full backs are running the channels, thanks to the 3 CB’s playing further apart. We finally use a good thrower (Moore or Rino) to launch the ball in to the box for throw ins when in the opposition half, instead of throwing short and ending up in our own half again.

These are just a few things I’ve noted with my limited tactical knowledge - but it’s clear the players are listening to Bowen’s instructions and enjoying playing like an ‘up and at em’ championship team again, instead of attempting to play a passive style they clearly weren’t comfortable, or capable of playing.

You beat me to it about the long throw. We scored the 1st as a result of the long throw. I just can`t understand why before Bowen took charge we never used it at all(as far as i can remember) i had no idea we had anyone capable of launching it !!!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2019 21:40

Royals and Racers
royalp-we The simple things Bowen has the players doing has made his first 3 fixtures a joy to watch Reading again; and finally we are playing to the strengths of the players in the team.

The front two are positionally closer together, we look a real threat in attack and the first half Baldock and Puscas could have had a couple each. The tracking back and willingness to win the ball back when we lose possession has meant not one player has had a poor performance. The full backs are running the channels, thanks to the 3 CB’s playing further apart. We finally use a good thrower (Moore or Rino) to launch the ball in to the box for throw ins when in the opposition half, instead of throwing short and ending up in our own half again.

These are just a few things I’ve noted with my limited tactical knowledge - but it’s clear the players are listening to Bowen’s instructions and enjoying playing like an ‘up and at em’ championship team again, instead of attempting to play a passive style they clearly weren’t comfortable, or capable of playing.

You beat me to it about the long throw. We scored the 1st as a result of the long throw. I just can`t understand why before Bowen took charge we never used it at all(as far as i can remember) i had no idea we had anyone capable of launching it !!!

+1

The amount of times under the last few managers where we've had a throw in 30 or so yards out and three or four passes later the goalie had it was staggering. In fact, even though Moore has been here over three years, I didn't even realise he had a long throw until recently! I think too many managers/styles are nowadays getting away from the fact that to score, you have to actually get the ball in the box! Too much poncy, pointless passing now

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 03 Nov 2019 21:57

muirinho
OldBiscuit
RoyalBlue

If you're going down that route, may I point out that Lewisham is still in London , and therefore had its half-term a week earlier, as per previous comment.

Irrelevant, each borough in London and up and down the Country has it's own system and it was probably only Reading that had it's half term last week. London is not a Borough.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Nov 2019 22:23

Snowflake Royal
Bigtimmeh I quote from Millwall
"terrycos said:
who clocked the fat 40+ yr old Reading cock in full kit over to our right, not a one off saw him last time we were there..he even put on a kit track top ha ha never ever does that clubs supporters cease to amaze me.
Yeah I saw the oxf*rd, surely he needs to be on some sort of register, the kind of one that keeps him away from children. However divvy some of our fans are getting we can at least take comfort that we will never ever be as nerdy as the majority of Reading fans. Looking at them today was like looking at the audience of an ancient episode of Bullseye."

Haha think they are feeling bitter!

Tbf if they're talking about the full kit oxf*rd in Y26 I'm thinking of they've got a point. Proper weirdo. Don't think he's anything like 40 though.

Knowing the guy Ian, this is an incredibly poor post and low shot. You are better than this, maybe.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Nov 2019 22:24

URZZZZ
3points Millwall were very poor yesterday so let’s not get too excited. Their left back was an absolute donkey I think at one point even Swift did him for pace! Yiadom needs to learn to cross a ball and then he’d be super dangerous. Rafael was a bit flappy and isn’t great at coming off his line. Definitely not a sweeper keeper like many of his Brazilian compatriots.

I’ve been very surprised by the praise for Swift on here. I’m usually a big fan and supporter of him, but didn’t feel he had a good game at all yesterday. Seemed to get caught in possession a lot and made some pretty simple errors. His set pieces, except one, were also poor.

Supports what Millwall fans are saying. They said that Yiadom ran their left back ragged in the first half and they thought Rafael was dodgy

From the highlights, I know Swift’s free kick hit the crossbar, but to me that wasn’t a good free kick. There was no danger of it going in and considering the position of the kick and the targets (Morrison and Miazga) I think he could have done a lot better with it

It was an excellent free kick, he scored one from similar position last year. You are talking utter bollocks.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2019 23:46

paultheroyal
URZZZZ

It was an excellent free kick, he scored one from similar position last year. You are talking utter bollocks.

You tell me, in the last year, when Swift has scored from a free kick in a similar position to that. And when you’ve done that and found no answers, admit you’re wrong and move on

Too much power on the kick, if you’re going to shoot from there, at least keep it lower and force the goalie into action. That freekick, whilst not being a bad one, was always too high

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Nov 2019 00:20

URZZZZ
paultheroyal
URZZZZ

You tell me, in the last year, when Swift has scored from a free kick in a similar position to that. And when you’ve done that and found no answers, admit you’re wrong and move on

Too much power on the kick, if you’re going to shoot from there, at least keep it lower and force the goalie into action. That freekick, whilst not being a bad one, was always too high

He hit the fcuking bar. 3 inches lower it’s a goal.

Not sure what bit of that you’re struggling with.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2019 00:31

leon
URZZZZ
paultheroyal

Not struggling thank you. But nice of you to make assumptions

I understand the point. It looks a good free kick because it hits the crossbar. Cool. From that angle, and from that position, a cross is always the better option. That’s my point. The fact is the shot was OK but not amazing. Which is why the goalie did not look overly concerned when the shot came in. Which is why the the shot hit the top of the crossbar rather than the bottom of it

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Nov 2019 00:39

URZZZZ
leon
URZZZZ

I understand the point. It looks a good free kick because it hits the crossbar. Cool. From that angle, and from that position, a cross is always the better option. That’s my point. The fact is the shot was OK but not amazing. Which is why the goalie did not look overly concerned when the shot came in. Which is why the the shot hit the top of the crossbar rather than the bottom of it

He almost scored.

If the goalkeeper wasn’t overly concerned then he’s as clueless as you.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Nov 2019 00:52

leon
URZZZZ
leon

He almost scored.

Once again, the discussion skills on this site is as great as ever. If you don’t agree with someone, you’re clueless apparently :roll: Although, to be fair, given it’s you, I’m not surprised

Back to the point. We had 5/6/7 hungry players waiting for a delivery into the box from a very good position (including two tall centre halves). And then it just sails over everyone’s head. That doesn’t constitute an excellent freekick. From that position, you have two options. Shoot but drill it low ish. That way, with the amount of bodies in the way, either the goalie may be unsighted or it may take a ricochet. Or just do a simple cross. It’s hard to get it up and down from that position in time. Like I say, not a bad effort, but no real danger of it going in

Now had the freekick been back three or four yards, then yeah, that’s a much better position to shoot from

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Nov 2019 07:16

URZZZZ
leon
URZZZZ

He almost scored.

Once again, the discussion skills on this site is as great as ever. If you don’t agree with someone, you’re clueless apparently :roll: Although, to be fair, given it’s you, I’m not surprised

Back to the point. We had 5/6/7 hungry players waiting for a delivery into the box from a very good position (including two tall centre halves). And then it just sails over everyone’s head. That doesn’t constitute an excellent freekick. From that position, you have two options. Shoot but drill it low ish. That way, with the amount of bodies in the way, either the goalie may be unsighted or it may take a ricochet. Or just do a simple cross. It’s hard to get it up and down from that position in time. Like I say, not a bad effort, but no real danger of it going in

Now had the freekick been back three or four yards, then yeah, that’s a much better position to shoot from

There's nothing to talk about. He hit the bar and was mere inches from scoring. You're the only one with a problem with it.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Nov 2019 07:17

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
Bigtimmeh I quote from Millwall
"terrycos said:
who clocked the fat 40+ yr old Reading cock in full kit over to our right, not a one off saw him last time we were there..he even put on a kit track top ha ha never ever does that clubs supporters cease to amaze me.
Yeah I saw the oxf*rd, surely he needs to be on some sort of register, the kind of one that keeps him away from children. However divvy some of our fans are getting we can at least take comfort that we will never ever be as nerdy as the majority of Reading fans. Looking at them today was like looking at the audience of an ancient episode of Bullseye."

Haha think they are feeling bitter!

Tbf if they're talking about the full kit oxf*rd in Y26 I'm thinking of they've got a point. Proper weirdo. Don't think he's anything like 40 though.

Knowing the guy Ian, this is an incredibly poor post and low shot. You are better than this, maybe.

He isn't better than that. He has previous for abuse and mocking mental health. But apparently I'm the one that has done wrong, offended people and gets a ban for no reason.

Lets not forget that all of this is public and anybody could browse it and see people with disabilities being mocked.... but apparently making a joke crosses the line.

He has previous which is why he changes his username. This is from the thread when we played arsenal in the fa cup semi, which is ironic considering what he has just done:

"User avatar
Ian Royal
Re: FA CUP SEMI FINAL CONFRIMED
Well if he's not a repeat IP then the chances of him being one of the usual wums is slim. He still seems more consistent with being a wind up merchant to me, but some of you ought to have a long hard look at yourself and consider whether you might just be cyberbullying a potentially vulnerable individual with learning difficulties. And whether that's something your comfortable with.

The choices are
a) he's a wum and by reacting your just giving him the attention he craves, like squirting oxygen at a fire. Or
b) he's genuine and you're viscious bullies.

Either way it's not exactly a good choice to name call and take the piss so regularly and aggressively"
Last edited by The Enfield Royal71 on 04 Nov 2019 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Nov 2019 08:00

URZZZZ
Royals and Racers

+1

The amount of times under the last few managers where we've had a throw in 30 or so yards out and three or four passes later the goalie had it was staggering. In fact, even though Moore has been here over three years, I didn't even realise he had a long throw until recently! I think too many managers/styles are nowadays getting away from the fact that to score, you have to actually get the ball in the box! Too much poncy, pointless passing now

Apart from on Saturday though? :wink:

179 posts