Rival Watch

17149 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Nov 2019 22:52

Suggested that if found guilty, the likely punishment would be a 21pt deduction.

Up to 16th!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Nov 2019 08:42

Hound One to keep an eye on: Sheff Weds in big trouble over their ground sale/dodgy accounts

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ding-rules

Yep, looks like the ground sale in itself is ok but they are alleged to have used some creative accounting as to when the sale proceeds were accounted for. Would expect a large points deduction given they have been charged with misconduct and not a breach of FFP rules.

If they get the reported potential 21 points, they will be bottom on 4 points, 10 points from safety.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2019 08:44

I know we're similar - but its quite baffling how they can spend so much money and be so average.

I suppose they had the 2 play off years in a row, but can't really think of any big signings they've made since then. Maybe their wages are huge

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Nov 2019 08:48

Hound I know we're similar - but its quite baffling how they can spend so much money and be so average.

I suppose they had the 2 play off years in a row, but can't really think of any big signings they've made since then. Maybe their wages are huge

I think that is their issue.

I can't imagine Westwood, Rhodes, Fletcher, Bannan, Nuhiu and Forestieri are on small wages.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Nov 2019 08:59

I seem to remember there was a period of time where Westwood couldn't play because it would have meant them paying out a huge amount of money to his former club and it would trigger a new deal for the player too. Since the old manager left he has started playing again so I can only assume he has taken them over what is acceptable in terms of FFP.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Nov 2019 10:03

Old Man Andrews I seem to remember there was a period of time where Westwood couldn't play because it would have meant them paying out a huge amount of money to his former club and it would trigger a new deal for the player too. Since the old manager left he has started playing again so I can only assume he has taken them over what is acceptable in terms of FFP.

Without the sale of the ground they would have missed FFP by about 18m. In 17/18 they were in to lost 37m alone but the sale for the ground to the owner at a cost of 60m, saw a book profit of 38m. This meant they made a profit.

Without this sale they were screwed.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Nov 2019 10:33

Monk doesn’t seem to get very lucky at his jobs, being at Leeds, the nine point deduction at Birmingham last year and now this

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Nov 2019 10:37

URZZZZ Monk doesn’t seem to get very lucky at his jobs, being at Leeds, the nine point deduction at Birmingham last year and now this

Perhaps he's the common denominator?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Nov 2019 10:50

John Smith
URZZZZ Monk doesn’t seem to get very lucky at his jobs, being at Leeds, the nine point deduction at Birmingham last year and now this

Nah, all 3 clubs have/had batshit crazy owners.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Nov 2019 11:11

John Smith

To be fair, he’s no Saggy ‘Arry

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Nov 2019 14:21

Cardiff appoint Neil Harris :lol:

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Nov 2019 14:45

Cardiff fans are reacting like right bellends.

Almost identical to our fans after Bowen was announced.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Nov 2019 18:20

genome Cardiff appoint Neil Harris :lol:

Seriously? Very strange decision. Still, as with all appointments, give the guy a chance.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Nov 2019 18:23

Says a lot about where Cardiff think they are. Seemingly no money and a huge rebuild. Harris has experience working on a tight budget and built a few competitive Millwall sides in his time there. Might be a sensible appointment.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Nov 2019 19:50

The point is Cardiff's style of play under Warnock was coming under scrutiny and they've just replaced him with someone who equally plays a horrible style. May as well have kept Warnock

It's a cheap, horrendous appointment IMO

But I have judged other appointments wrong, Potter at Brighton, Cooper at Swansea, Lampard at Chelsea etc so he may well prove the majority wrong

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 16 Nov 2019 20:35

URZZZZ The point is Cardiff's style of play under Warnock was coming under scrutiny and they've just replaced him with someone who equally plays a horrible style. May as well have kept Warnock

But I have judged other appointments wrong, Potter at Brighton, Cooper at Swansea, Lampard at Chelsea etc so he may well prove the majority wrong

Steady on now! You’re getting a bit carried away here. Cardiff make an appointment and you throw a wobbly.
I don’t really think that it has anything to do with us, and really shouldn’t affect us........or are you a secret Cardiff fan?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Nov 2019 20:43

Seems a pretty uninteresting but fairly solid appointment to me. He did well for Millwall overall

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Nov 2019 20:47

But Warnock was giving them solidity without really doing much this season. Harris is a sideways step IMO and just screams cheap to me. Don’t think he’s a man to take them forward from where they are now

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Nov 2019 22:03

URZZZZ The point is Cardiff's style of play under Warnock was coming under scrutiny and they've just replaced him with someone who equally plays a horrible style. May as well have kept Warnock

The problem wasn’t with the style per se but the situation with Warnock. He was leaving at the end and everyone kind of gave up, they needed a new man to come in and freshen things up without changing too much on a footballing level.

Seems like a sensible decision.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Nov 2019 23:23

Old Man Andrews Says a lot about where Cardiff think they are. Seemingly no money and a huge rebuild. Harris has experience working on a tight budget and built a few competitive Millwall sides in his time there. Might be a sensible appointment.

They should've gone for Gareth Ainsworth, in my opinion.

17149 posts