Rival Watch

17149 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Rival Watch

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Nov 2019 00:04

genome
Old Man Andrews Says a lot about where Cardiff think they are. Seemingly no money and a huge rebuild. Harris has experience working on a tight budget and built a few competitive Millwall sides in his time there. Might be a sensible appointment.

They should've gone for Gareth Ainsworth, in my opinion.

Would have been a fantastic option.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Nov 2019 01:06

CountryRoyal
URZZZZ The point is Cardiff's style of play under Warnock was coming under scrutiny and they've just replaced him with someone who equally plays a horrible style. May as well have kept Warnock

It's a cheap, horrendous appointment IMO

But I have judged other appointments wrong, Potter at Brighton, Cooper at Swansea, Lampard at Chelsea etc so he may well prove the majority wrong

The problem wasn’t with the style per se but the situation with Warnock. He was leaving at the end and everyone kind of gave up, they needed a new man to come in and freshen things up without changing too much on a footballing level.

Seems like a sensible decision.

Could be wrong but I thought the general consensus was the fans were getting bored of Warnock’s hit and chase tactics. When I saw them against Swansea a few weeks ago, they were really poor and the players didn’t even look interested

I just thought they’d try and take things to a different approach. Harris is too similar to Warnock I think. That’s why I think it’s a really poor appointment. Even with promotion history, I don’t think he will take them up or progress them in any way

Which, I guess, is why Cardiff fans aren’t particularly happy. Not necessarily because he’s a bad manager but because they wanted a fresh approach to a style that had become rather stale

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Nov 2019 01:07

They weren’t bothered about the style when they went up and they won’t be if they start winning games again.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Nov 2019 01:13

CountryRoyal They weren’t bothered about the style when they went up and they won’t be if they start winning games again.

I’m pretty sure our fans were quite bothered about the style when we came two kicks away from the Premier League and were winning frequently. IIRC we had some real low attendances that season

Some fans prefer do style over substance

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Nov 2019 12:17

CountryRoyal
URZZZZ The point is Cardiff's style of play under Warnock was coming under scrutiny and they've just replaced him with someone who equally plays a horrible style. May as well have kept Warnock

But I have judged other appointments wrong, Potter at Brighton, Cooper at Swansea, Lampard at Chelsea etc so he may well prove the majority wrong

The problem wasn’t with the style per se but the situation with Warnock. He was leaving at the end and everyone kind of gave up, they needed a new man to come in and freshen things up without changing too much on a footballing level.

Yeah, no complete overhaul needed as a similar approach and he turned a poor Millwall side into one pushing up the top half for a while. With Cardiff's resources obviously the hope is for better.

Seems fine to me.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Nov 2019 08:08

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Yeah, no complete overhaul needed as a similar approach and he turned a poor Millwall side into one pushing up the top half for a while. With Cardiff's resources obviously the hope is for better.

Seems fine to me.

Indeed - it's an OK appointment. If he makes just a few tweaks then Cardiff could be a decent side again at this level. Obviously, from a Reading perspective - I hope he stinks the place out and they drop like a stone.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Nov 2019 12:32

Gerhard Struber set to become the next Barnsley manager

No idea who he is

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Nov 2019 13:07

URZZZZ Gerhard Struber set to become the next Barnsley manager

No idea who he is

Very left wing shout - never played or worked outside of Austria. Doing a decent job at Wolfsberger AC and would have come to Barnsley's attention possibly on the back of a 4-0 win at Mönchengladbach in the Europa League (Borussia are top of the Bundesliga).

Only became manager at WAC in the summer and very little experience before that.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Nov 2019 16:48

Stranded
URZZZZ Gerhard Struber set to become the next Barnsley manager

No idea who he is

Very left wing shout - never played or worked outside of Austria. Doing a decent job at Wolfsberger AC and would have come to Barnsley's attention possibly on the back of a 4-0 win at Mönchengladbach in the Europa League (Borussia are top of the Bundesliga).

Only became manager at WAC in the summer and very little experience before that.

He's a communist ?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Nov 2019 17:35

Conveniently Leeds' goalie Kiko Casilla has until Wednesday 27th November to appeal to the FA charge of "discriminatory language", them extending the deadline which was supposed to be a few days ago :roll:

Considering their back up right now is teenage loan player Ilan Meslier, I feel that could be a missed opportunity for us

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 20 Nov 2019 23:33

Spare a thought for those poor Tottenham fans, I wouldn't wish that cnut on anyone.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Nov 2019 11:09

OldBiscuit Spare a thought for those poor Tottenham fans, I wouldn't wish that cnut on anyone.

Excellent appointment for them. World Class coach. I think he will be an instant success.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2019 11:15

URZZZZ Conveniently Leeds' goalie Kiko Casilla has until Wednesday 27th November to appeal to the FA charge of "discriminatory language", them extending the deadline which was supposed to be a few days ago :roll:

Considering their back up right now is teenage loan player Ilan Meslier, I feel that could be a missed opportunity for us

Like we are even going to get anywhere near their goal. Won't make the slightest bit of difference, Leeds are in a different world to us.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Nov 2019 12:10

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Conveniently Leeds' goalie Kiko Casilla has until Wednesday 27th November to appeal to the FA charge of "discriminatory language", them extending the deadline which was supposed to be a few days ago :roll:

Like we are even going to get anywhere near their goal. Won't make the slightest bit of difference, Leeds are in a different world to us.

That's the spirit.

Like fcuk Leeds are in a different world - if that was the case they'd have been promoted seasons ago and be miles clear at the top.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2019 12:11

Leeds are the sort of team we aspire to be, we all quietly look at them in awe and envy whilst pretending to hate them.

Basildon

by Basildon » 21 Nov 2019 12:45

Old Man Andrews Leeds are the sort of team we aspire to be, we all quietly look at them in awe and envy whilst pretending to hate them.

What, a team that haven't been in the top flight for the best part of 20 years and regularly bottle it when they get close?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2019 12:56

Basildon
Old Man Andrews Leeds are the sort of team we aspire to be, we all quietly look at them in awe and envy whilst pretending to hate them.

What, a team that haven't been in the top flight for the best part of 20 years and regularly bottle it when they get close?

Their current team not any historical ones. We are just jealous I think.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Nov 2019 15:11

Old Man Andrews
Basildon

Their current team not any historical ones. We are just jealous I think.

Who gives a shit about history? I've lived the last 20+ years. Lived.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Nov 2019 15:24

Old Man Andrews

They lost to Millwall.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2019 15:27

Stranded
Old Man Andrews

They lost to Millwall.

its OMA's strange attempts to fish for arguments. I'm sure he believes that no more than you do

17149 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:49