MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by a Phil Parkinson flick on

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by a Phil Parkinson flick on

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2019 17:33

How the hell has Boye got 3 yellow cards in less than 500 minutes of football?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Nov 2019 17:50

Since Yiadom was already going to miss a game for 5 Yellows,
if he had received a second yellow and been sent off, he would have
missed the Leeds game anyway.

Question, had he been sent off for two yellows would he have missed 1 or 2 games?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Nov 2019 18:17

That result is really disappointing.
Lose against Dirty Leeds and it may start a slide.
Hopefully Bowen and Eddie will know how to d/w this,otherwise we will be dragged in again.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Nov 2019 18:24

Westwood52 That result is really disappointing.
Hopefully Bowen and Eddie will know how to d/w this,otherwise we will be dragged in again.

Leeds are not exactly tearing up trees scraping results. We have every chance.
My main concern is scoring though. We just can't afford to keep missing the chances we create.
Be interesting who starts up front.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Nov 2019 18:34

Ascotexgunner
Westwood52 That result is really disappointing.

Leeds are not exactly tearing up trees scraping results. We have every chance.
My main concern is scoring though. We just can't afford to keep missing the chances we create.
Be interesting who starts up front.

Well, Baldock was feeling his hamstring which is why he was subbed off. Not sure he'll be ready for Tuesday. Which leaves us with:

Puscas - can't seem to score. It's a very similar situation to Vydra in that he obviously has something but he's not broadcasting it enough. But at the same time, you can only go "It will click for him" so many times. Because it never really clicked for Vydra did it...
Loader - was bullied last time he played Leeds. Never really looks like he knows what his role/position is. Of course, the only way he can progress is games but not sure Tuesday is the one for him to start
Joao - don't think he'll be fit for this one, not to start anyway
Meite - seems to have no relationship with any other striker. Bowen picked up on it after Preston that the space between him and Puscas was too big. Spacial awareness didn't look any better today
Boye - always looks lively but not sure he'll add too many in the scoring department

I want to stick with Puscas and Baldock if possible, but if not I'd actually start Meite just because I think it's more of a game we'll play on the counter which may suit him

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Nov 2019 18:45

Once again easy win for Brentford 1-0 flattered us. There player recruitment is way better than ours. De Silva, Jenson and Watkins miles better than anything we have. Whilst we are wasting millions on donkeys like Puscas, Joao and Bayo. And look at the players Brentford have sold for millions Hogan, Maupay Jota etc...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Nov 2019 20:11

I'm sure plenty agree but Meite should start ahead of Puşcaş on tuesday.

I think Bowen showed a bit of inexperience there with his subs. I get he is rewarding McCleary for his patience and clearly Gareth is dying to prove everyone wrong so I'm not opposed to him playing, just dont see what he had to offer against Brentford. Hard to say what he should have done though..

The Cube

by The Cube » 23 Nov 2019 22:08

Snowball Since Yiadom was already going to miss a game for 5 Yellows, if he had received a second yellow and been sent off, he would have missed the Leeds game anyway.

Question, had he been sent off for two yellows would he have missed 1 or 2 games?

He would only have missed one game, which would be for the red card. But he would still be on 4 yellows, so when he returns to the team for the Wigan game he would be at risk of getting a 5th one and missing another game. (Wigan is our last game before the cut-off point of 30 November for 5 yellows.)

Also, had he got sent off then any future red cards would get one extra game suspension. So it wouldn't count as a free go. Otherwise he could probably have clunked anyone he didn't much like as soon as Brentford made their third sub.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Nov 2019 22:20

NewCorkSeth I'm sure plenty agree but Meite should start ahead of Puşcaş on tuesday.

I think Bowen showed a bit of inexperience there with his subs. I get he is rewarding McCleary for his patience and clearly Gareth is dying to prove everyone wrong so I'm not opposed to him playing, just dont see what he had to offer against Brentford. Hard to say what he should have done though..

It is getting to the stage where Meite needs to start ahead of Puscas. One League goal in three months isn’t good enough. I have thought though that Puscas had improved his all round play but the lacks of goals and failure to take his chances is becoming a problem.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Nov 2019 22:22

URZZZZ That goal we conceded was a typical Gomes goal to concede. No pressure on the cross, no-one marking the man, simple as that. Really disappointing from Yiadom and Moore for that, in particular Moore. Watkins isn't exactly tall

That chance Puscas missed was really poor. Good football and a good ball from Yiadom, he's got to have the confidence to take that
on

No shit Sherlock!. needs a long run for the kids, done nothing to impress the last 10 games.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Nov 2019 22:51

Zip
NewCorkSeth I'm sure plenty agree but Meite should start ahead of Puşcaş on tuesday.

It is getting to the stage where Meite needs to start ahead of Puscas. One League goal in three months isn’t good enough. I have thought though that Puscas had improved his all round play but the lacks of goals and failure to take his chances is becoming a problem.

Bad miss from Puscas, but not sure we're playing to his overall strengths.
So much fannying about after we beat the first man - cross or shoot, don't try to beat him again.
Ejaria and Swift criminal on that today.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Nov 2019 23:14

Zip

Meite at least isnt afraid to shoot. That could be what we are missing. Too many men trying to lay off for the next guy. That's partially why Baldock has done so well since coming back into the team. More direct.

Puşcaş is a good player struggling to score. We cant afford that right now. I feel Bowen would be totally justified in saying to him "look you're training well but you cant oxf*rd score. We need goals buddy. Work hard from the bench and we will see"

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Nov 2019 23:15

Platypuss
Zip

So much fannying about after we beat the first man - cross or shoot, don't try to beat him again.

Yes and no. Would he be better in a system with wingers? Yes. Should we change our approach to accommodate a player who has missed twice from 5 yards out? No.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Nov 2019 00:15

NewCorkSeth
Platypuss
Zip

Yes and no. Would he be better in a system with wingers? Yes. Should we change our approach to accommodate a player who has missed twice from 5 yards out? No.

Still don't think any of the misses I've seen are that bad. Not good - for sure. But not Vydra bad by any measure. And he's not missing loads either (although that's another problem).

Meite though. He's a starter or a nothing IMO.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Nov 2019 00:20

Puscas did really have the ball under control to get the shot off quickly, wasn`t a sitter by any means.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2019 02:21

Platypuss
Zip

Agreed

I think there’s too much reliance on those two to create

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Nov 2019 02:26

Platypuss
Zip

That’s a feature of Ejarias play he needs to eradicate.end product is key not cnuting around with ball.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2019 09:36

karbota
URZZZZ That goal we conceded was a typical Gomes goal to concede. No pressure on the cross, no-one marking the man, simple as that. Really disappointing from Yiadom and Moore for that, in particular Moore. Watkins isn't exactly tall

That chance Puscas missed was really poor. Good football and a good ball from Yiadom, he's got to have the confidence to take that
on

No shit Sherlock!. needs a long run for the kids, done nothing to impress the last 10 games.

Apart from score :|

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Nov 2019 09:50

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Platypuss

Still don't think any of the misses I've seen are that bad. Not good - for sure. But not Vydra bad by any measure. And he's not missing loads either (although that's another problem).

They're not empty goal bad but they're exactly the sort of chances you would expect a decent striker to tuck away.

I think Meite is poor off the bench because he is seemingly always brought on when we are struggling to create. Hes not the type of striker who can fashion his own chances so hes kinda doomed from the start.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Nov 2019 11:33

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Yes and no. Would he be better in a system with wingers? Yes. Should we change our approach to accommodate a player who has missed twice from 5 yards out? No.

They're not empty goal bad but they're exactly the sort of chances you would expect a decent striker to tuck away.

I think Meite is poor off the bench because he is seemingly always brought on when we are struggling to create. Hes not the type of striker who can fashion his own chances so hes kinda doomed from the start.

Reading seem to have gone from no real strikers of note to ones that can now at least cause defenders problems. The next stage is to resolve the main issue which is finding one (or more strikers) that can actually score reasonably consistently.