MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by nothing to lose

223 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by nothing to lose

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Nov 2019 11:54

Fair enough. Is the top tier still closed? Ive also been in the stand behind the goal as an away fan and we shared a concourse with the home fans. Not sure how that worked.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Nov 2019 12:09

From Despair To Where? Fair enough. Is the top tier still closed? Ive also been in the stand behind the goal as an away fan and we shared a concourse with the home fans. Not sure how that worked.

I think so, although I seem to remember it being open for some games. Maybe they only open/are allowed to open it for X number of games a season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 14:47

Rafael

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Miazga
Richards

Pele
Rinhomota
Swift
Ejaria

Puscas

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 26 Nov 2019 16:06

Old Man Andrews Rafael

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Miazga
Richards

Pele
Rinhomota
Swift
Ejaria

Puscas

Bloody odd looking Leeds squad, there, Mr.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 16:10

Why are a majority of our supporters hoping Gunter plays badly this evening? It's very odd.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 16:32

Old Man Andrews Why are a majority of our supporters hoping Gunter plays badly this evening? It's very odd.

Agreed. Almost as odd as pretending to be a Leeds fan to get bites

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 16:53

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Why are a majority of our supporters hoping Gunter plays badly this evening? It's very odd.

Agreed. Almost as odd as pretending to be a Leeds fan to get bites

Not a fan at all. You just have to respect them and who they are. They are the best team in the league by a mile, nothing wrong with admitting that.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Nov 2019 17:21

I always thought Coote was the worst referee we’ve had.Is Darren Bond worse ?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 17:36

Gunter to start tonight according to Courtney. Be interesting to see what happens on Saturday if he plays well tonight

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Nov 2019 17:39

URZZZZ Gunter to start tonight according to Courtney. Be interesting to see what happens on Saturday if he plays well tonight

Unless he has an absolutely outstanding game, I would expect Yiadom to slot back in. But if he does play well tonight, it will certainly be encouraging should Yiadom get another suspension or injury.

If we weren't playing Leeds, maybe someone in the bottom half, I think Howe would've played.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 17:42

I very much doubt it’s the majority. Just a few gimps on twitter who seem to have pathetic anti Gunter/McCleary agenda

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Nov 2019 17:56

Hendo
URZZZZ Gunter to start tonight according to Courtney. Be interesting to see what happens on Saturday if he plays well tonight

Unless he has an absolutely outstanding game, I would expect Yiadom to slot back in. But if he does play well tonight, it will certainly be encouraging should Yiadom get another suspension or injury.

If we weren't playing Leeds, maybe someone in the bottom half, I think Howe would've played.

Agreed. Playing Gunter is the right decision because if Howe was picked and messed up in such a high profile game, many of our fans would never have forgiven him and he would become yet another scapegoat - whereas Gunter already is for many of our fans (very unfairly IMO) and so there is no harm to do by bringing him in as he will be gone at the end of the season (or in Jan) whatever happens.

Personally I think Gunter has been a great servant of this club and I don't understand the negativity towards him. Obviously he is older and not the player he once was, but I hope he comes in tonight and has a great game and proves the doubters wrong. It might even be his last appearance for RFC if Yiadom keeps fit and disciplinary free from now on.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 18:27

andrew1957
Hendo

Agreed. Playing Gunter is the right decision because if Howe was picked and messed up in such a high profile game, many of our fans would never have forgiven him and he would become yet another scapegoat - whereas Gunter already is for many of our fans (very unfairly IMO) and so there is no harm to do by bringing him in as he will be gone at the end of the season (or in Jan) whatever happens.

Personally I think Gunter has been a great servant of this club and I don't understand the negativity towards him. Obviously he is older and not the player he once was, but I hope he comes in tonight and has a great game and proves the doubters wrong. It might even be his last appearance for RFC if Yiadom keeps fit and disciplinary free from now on.

To be fair even if Gunter played well tonight, most of the people who are miserable about him starting tonight wouldn’t be able to concede it so not sure he’d be proving anything to them...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2019 18:36

Old Man Andrews The hate for Leeds is irrational and unwarranted, thats the point here. It stems from jealousy and envy. Every single Championship club wants to be like them and have what they have.

Yep, I certainly want Reading to be full of overpaid thuggish chokers with a massively inflated sense of self worth and a bunch of thick pcunt a holes in the stand living on past glories and crying the second they lose a game.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 18:39

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews The hate for Leeds is irrational and unwarranted, thats the point here. It stems from jealousy and envy. Every single Championship club wants to be like them and have what they have.

Yep, I certainly want Reading to be full of overpaid thuggish chokers with a massively inflated sense of self worth and a bunch of thick pcunt a holes in the stand living on past glories and crying the second they lose a game.

How are they thuggish?

How do you know how much they are paid?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 19:03

Swift fit. Baldock not. Meite replaces him, he really needs a performance tonight

Rafael
Gunter
Miazga
Morrison
Moore
Richards
Rino
Swift
Ejaria
Puscas
Meite

Walker Howe Blackett Pele McCleary Loader Boye

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Nov 2019 19:04

Both XIs:

Reading: Rafael, Gunter, Miazga, Morrison, Moore (c), Richards, Rinomhota, Ejaria, Swift, Méïté, Pușcaș.
Subs: Walker, McCleary, Loader, Boyé, Howe, Blackett, Pelé.

Leeds United: Casilla, Ayling, White, Cooper (c), Dallas, Hernández, Phillips, Klich, Roberts, Harrison, Bamford.
Subs: Meslier, Douglas, Alioski, Costa, Berardi, Shackleton, Clarke.

Baldock out injured, Yiadom suspended so Meite and Gunter start

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 19:22

Leeds look pretty strong tbf and not too optimistic about our front two there

Just stay in the game as long as we can, and hopefully get some joy on set pieces - we’ve a hefty side out there tonight

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Nov 2019 19:25

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal

How are they thuggish?

How do you know how much they are paid?

The dislike for Leeds is because traditionally they have been followed by a bunch of thugs that have gone up and down the UK causing trouble, smashing up towns and generally acting like complete cu*nts. Go and ask Bournemouth fans what Leeds did to their town years ago. Also their brand of football they played during their successful years was kicking lumps out of people and playing a physical style of football that did little to impress football fans.

While they might not be anywhere near as bad now, they still have an obnoxious element, high opinion of themselves and think they have a divine right to be in the premier league based on the fact they have big crowds. They aren't alone in this mentality as Forest, Derby, Wednesday, etc all think the same way. West Ham and Villa were exactly the same. Just an arrogant fanbase that think past success should mean a default passage to the premier league over clubs with lesser crowds. I bet Leeds HATE the fact Bournemouth would shit on them 99 times out of 100 these days.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2019 20:03

Leeds Utd in control from the off. In so far as they've passed the kick off to their CBs. Twat.

223 posts