TV rights

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TV rights

by Zammo » 04 Dec 2019 12:46

Old Man Andrews
Zammo Martin Tyler is a Gillingham fanatic, isn't he ? Also, currently a coach at non-league level. Tbf to Tyler, he was commentating at the golden age of the Fergie/Utd dominance. You gonna get carried away watching Beckham, Cantona et al. Funny that his most famous 'scream' was during a Man City game.

Yeah, last night's coverage was decent I thought. Up the Amazon !

No he is Woking through and through.

Oh yes. Well done. Brian Moore was Gillingham. Sorted.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Dec 2019 12:49

From Despair To Where? I thought Tyler was a Wycombe fan. Brian Moore was a Gillingham fan (and life president IIRC) as well as a vastly over rated, butt clenchingly shit commentator with a blatant overfondness for Arsenal.

And his head looked uncannily like London Planetarium

My favourite Brian Moore story was when he commented about how razor Ruddock had been planning to wear a headband made of the stuff Predators were made form to improve his headers. This was while commenting on the Milk Cup final played on April 2nd and was based on a story in the Sun from the day before.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Dec 2019 12:55

Brum Royal This was an interesting piece written about Amazon's coverage:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/03/amazon-prime-video-tv-football-premier-league-broadcast-stream

I liked the Jenas comment.

I feel like that was the only line not straight out of a "Book of things to say about Amazon" (RRP 9.99 on Prime)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Dec 2019 16:04

From Despair To Where? I thought Tyler was a Wycombe fan. Brian Moore was a Gillingham fan (and life president IIRC) as well as a vastly over rated, butt clenchingly shit commentator with a blatant overfondness for Arsenal.

Alan Parry was the Wycombe fan/ chairman?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Dec 2019 16:28

Victor Meldrew

Unless he's dead, he still is

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Dec 2019 19:06

Franchise FC
Victor Meldrew

Is he still chairman?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2019 23:23

Victor Meldrew
Franchise FC
Victor Meldrew

Is he still chairman?

No he's dead.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Dec 2019 08:25

Big fan of no commentary and I like the convenience of the highlights button

Also quite like Crouch and Henry wandering around chatting before the Liverpool game. It was anything but slick but was nice in a 'real' kind of way

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 05 Dec 2019 13:13

Green
Whore Jackie
Bad news is they've got Clive Tyldesley in as their chief commentator.

What's with the Clive Tyldesley beef?

Who would you have at the helm, so to speak?

TBF, I don't actually mind him, just appreciate how many people can't stand him. Personally I'd rather listen to Clive Tyldesley than either John Motson or Jacqui Oatley.

Thought Amazon's coverage was pretty good. Didn't try to reinvent the wheel, apart from the Opta thing which they seem to have stopped banging on about so much last night. Quite nice to see both Jim Rosenthal and the Jon Champion/Ally McCoist commentary pairing getting a rare outing too.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Dec 2019 13:27

Green
Whore Jackie
Bad news is they've got Clive Tyldesley in as their chief commentator.

What's with the Clive Tyldesley beef?

Who would you have at the helm, so to speak?

Best commentators for me were the late Peter Jones on the radio and Barry Davies on the TV.

These days they’re either just plain annoying or so bland you can easily ignore them

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Dec 2019 10:14

Winston Biscuit Big fan of no commentary and I like the convenience of the highlights button

Also quite like Crouch and Henry wandering around chatting before the Liverpool game. It was anything but slick but was nice in a 'real' kind of way

Seems to be a lot of online praise for the highlights stuff and the pop up in game stats as well as the no commentary option. The bread and butter basic presentation package is all much of muchness but they seem to have done well with the additional content.

I presume that if Amazon were to become big players in live football coverage they would introduce it as as one of their subscription channels however, the big plus at the moment is that Prime costs £79 a year for a much broader basic package than the £20 a month that Sky cost for a basic TV package.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Dec 2019 21:10

Amazon have absolutely nailed the football rights they have.

Every game, all replays if you miss a goal straight away and a good show and coverage.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 21:50

Simmops Amazon have absolutely nailed the football rights they have.

Every game, all replays if you miss a goal straight away and a good show and coverage.

I quite like Amazon but the commentator of the Wolves game was clueless, don’t know who that was

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2019 22:26

URZZZZ

I quite like Amazon but the commentator of the Wolves game was clueless, don’t know who that was

Do you mean the co-commentator ?
That was Jim ‘Clueless’ Beglin

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 22:54

Franchise FC
URZZZZ

Do you mean the co-commentator ?
That was Jim ‘Clueless’ Beglin

Possibly, I didn’t recognise the voice but they were talking nonsense throughout