Re: Speculation - Andy Rinomhota

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Dec 2019 14:01

Hendo GTFO :arrow: or GTFO :arrow:

It's Leeds. Corrected for you.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Dec 2019 16:10

Cant see it happening. Although does anyone know if Andy is a Leeds fan? I wouldn't mind playing under a Bielsa led Leeds if I was a player. The thing is they have quite a lot of CMs. Shackleton, Bogusz and McCalmont are all quite highly rated young players and (I know its not gospel) Nohan Kenneh is one of the best young players in the latest Football Manager.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2019 10:12

Seems very much a 2+2 story but I'm sure if enough money is offered we'd consider it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Dec 2019 11:09

Probably slightly controversial and I wouldn't expect everyone to agree, but I feel Rino has hit a bit of a plateau with us. I don't think he has been particularly good this year, and not sure he'll ever repeat how he got on last season.

Still a useful player no doubts, but I think some of his limitations are becoming more obvious this season. If Leeds did come in for him, I don't think we'd stand in his way if the offer was reasonable

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2019 11:40

Hound Probably slightly controversial and I wouldn't expect everyone to agree, but I feel Rino has hit a bit of a plateau with us. I don't think he has been particularly good this year, and not sure he'll ever repeat how he got on last season.

Still a useful player no doubts, but I think some of his limitations are becoming more obvious this season. If Leeds did come in for him, I don't think we'd stand in his way if the offer was reasonable

He has a touch of the Tshibola's about him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Dec 2019 11:53

Hound Probably slightly controversial and I wouldn't expect everyone to agree, but I feel Rino has hit a bit of a plateau with us. I don't think he has been particularly good this year, and not sure he'll ever repeat how he got on last season.

His main strength is picking the ball up and driving forward with it, similar to what Williams used to do for us. Playing with Swift and Ejaria means he can't really do that role

However, in his last two games, he's been played more in his preferred position and hasn't done enough so I'm not sure. Lack of options don't help though. I think he'd be suited more to a 4-3-3 formation, just like Williams was in his last season

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2019 16:06

URZZZZ

His main strength is picking the ball up and driving forward with it, similar to what Williams used to do for us. Playing with Swift and Ejaria means he can't really do that role

However, in his last two games, he's been played more in his preferred position and hasn't done enough so I'm not sure. Lack of options don't help though. I think he'd be suited more to a 4-3-3 formation, just like Williams was in his last season

He’s one of our best players so let’s just keep him with a view to improving him. He’s got pace and energy- something the squad isn’t overly blessed with.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Dec 2019 19:34

Agreed. He has been a bit flat this season. Not seen too many of those trademark driving forward runs and he has struggled to contain quick passing midfielders.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Dec 2019 09:10

Guessing Leeds' interest may be over after his performance last night

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Dec 2019 09:30

Distinctly average player people love to rate as young and academy. Feel like I've heard that before see Liam Kelly and many before - are people starting to turn on Rino now?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 12 Dec 2019 11:10

Jagermesiter1871 Distinctly average player people love to rate as young and academy. Feel like I've heard that before see Liam Kelly and many before - are people starting to turn on Rino now?

Rino is quality, but out of form for many reasons.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Dec 2019 18:54

PistolPete
Jagermesiter1871 Distinctly average player people love to rate as young and academy. Feel like I've heard that before see Liam Kelly and many before - are people starting to turn on Rino now?

This.

Second season is always tough. He's having to do more of the donkey work with less opportunity to break forward when with Swift and Ejaria, has to do extra running for Adam, and has had to be more creative and attacking than is his game when neither Ejaria nor Swift have been there.

I don't think there's a PL player there, but he is a very solid Champ player for sure. Everything he does seems to have purpose to it.

I love him.

So he'll be off to someone awful in January or the summer for sure.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Dec 2019 23:41

Snowflake Royal
PistolPete

This.

Second season is always tough. He's having to do more of the donkey work with less opportunity to break forward when with Swift and Ejaria, has to do extra running for Adam, and has had to be more creative and attacking than is his game when neither Ejaria nor Swift have been there.

I don't think there's a PL player there, but he is a very solid Champ player for sure. Everything he does seems to have purpose to it.

I love him.

It seems we having differing views of quality. I certainly think he's a solid champ player - but that is about his level. Also think Liam Kelly could be a decent championship player but I'd think we would be wanting to scout and have young players with the ability to play at a higher level.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Dec 2019 10:13

The new Tshibola

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Dec 2019 23:52

Winston Biscuit The new Tshibola

Ignoring the fact one made his 50th appearance for us on Tuesday and the other only got 13 appearances? Yeah, so alike

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Dec 2019 12:03

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
PistolPete

This.

I love him.

It seems we having differing views of quality. I certainly think he's a solid champ player - but that is about his level. Also think Liam Kelly could be a decent championship player but I'd think we would be wanting to scout and have young players with the ability to play at a higher level.

He's certainly good enough to be better than a relegation fight in the Championship.

We can't have PL quality players, because we're barely Championship quality.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2019 13:23

Rafael
Gunter
Obita
Moore
Miazga
McCleary
Ejaria
Rinomhota
Adam
Baldock
Joao

Subs

Walker
Blackett
Morrison
Loader
Boye
Pele
Meite

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Dec 2019 14:04

Old Man Andrews

He has a touch of the Tshibola's about him.

I came on here to say the exact same words, then saw your comment lol