MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (a) sponsored by Ibrahima Sonko

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (a) sponsored by Ibrahima Sonko

by URZZZZ » 14 Dec 2019 17:07

Genuine question, can we just scored an oxf*rd goal which isn’t a set piece. Twice in six games now and that came in a two minute spell

It’s not a bad point but it’s a real concern. Ejaria is so far away from Swifts level

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Dec 2019 17:08

URZZZZ Ejaria is so far away from Swifts level

You are responsible for some of the worst footballing opinions I've ever heard. You've surpassed yourself this time.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Dec 2019 17:08

Sutekh
Hound FT

Dismal game from the sound of it, but will take the point and move on

Keep stoke at arms length in the table. Clean sheet as well

Wigan away. Dismal performance for about 75 minutes then got some luck
Birmingham home. Dismal performance.
Barnsley away. Dismal performance (but at least not as dismal as QPR’s performance there today)
Stoke away. Dismal performance luckily matched by the home team.

At least Reading are finding some consistency.

Yep we’ve played shit for 4 games (3 long away trips) and walked away with 5 points

Obviously the performances need to improve massively but it’ll have to do
Last edited by Hound on 14 Dec 2019 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Dec 2019 17:10

URZZZZ Genuine question, can we just scored an oxf*rd goal which isn’t a set piece. Twice in six games now and that came in a two minute spell

It’s not a bad point but it’s a real concern. Ejaria is so far away from Swifts level

Swift and Ejaria compliment each other well. Vital to get them both back and firing - changes the whole look of the team

Mind you not as simplistic as just saying it’s because Swift has been out. Far too many players off form at the moment and Bowen does seem to have gone very safety first

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Dec 2019 17:10

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Ejaria is so far away from Swifts level

You are responsible for some of the worst footballing opinions I've ever heard. You've surpassed yourself this time.

He is isn’t he? Simple metrics such as assists back that up. For all of Ejarias play, he doesn’t get enough assists as the main creator. It’s as simple as that. Swift does

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Dec 2019 17:12

Ejaria is a good player but being honest, measuring productivity, he’s not on the same level as Swift at all. He holds onto the ball for far too long and never just plays the easy pass

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Dec 2019 17:14

URZZZZ Ejaria is a good player but being honest, measuring productivity, he’s not on the same level as Swift at all. He holds onto the ball for far too long and never just plays the easy pass

That's his role though, he's our luxury player who is given the freedom to take people on. As Hound said he needs Swift with him to play his best game.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 14 Dec 2019 17:14

Performance levels are concerning aren’t they. Team were disjointed at Barnsley, and sound similar today.

Think it was the right set up, ie the diamond. But that relies on attacking full backs...why then did Blackett start over Richards?

Lack of creativity & shots are a real issue. I personally think we should try and move some of those attacking players on in Jan...Boye & Loader. Work with a more tight-knit unit if possible. Recruitment is still the big issue at our club

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Dec 2019 17:18

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Ejaria is a good player but being honest, measuring productivity, he’s not on the same level as Swift at all. He holds onto the ball for far too long and never just plays the easy pass

That's his role though, he's our luxury player who is given the freedom to take people on. As Hound said he needs Swift with him to play his best game.

I’m not denying that. I’m just saying that from appearances so far this season, Swift is streets ahead of anyone else in this squad, which includes Ejaria. Ejaria has probably been our second best player so far this season and for 3 million is a good signing, but I think we could
Cope without Ejaria. I don’t think we could cope without Swift and we’re not really

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2019 17:19

But rather he played for you than against and he has only just turned 22 so still learning to some degree.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Dec 2019 17:23

Sutekh

But rather he played for you than against and he has only just turned 22 so still learning to some degree.

Yeah. This. Swift between Jan 17 and Dec 18 was on the whole poor but he developed with regular game time and is now one of the best midfielders in the Championship

I think Ejaria will only get better and better. However, at this stage of development, just as an observation, I do think people overrate his current abilities

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2019 17:26

Notts Royal Performance levels are concerning aren’t they. Team were disjointed at Barnsley, and sound similar today.

Think it was the right set up, ie the diamond. But that relies on attacking full backs...why then did Blackett start over Richards?

Lack of creativity & shots are a real issue. I personally think we should try and move some of those attacking players on in Jan...Boye & Loader. Work with a more tight-knit unit if possible. Recruitment is still the big issue at our club

Opted or forced into a back 4 (perhaps Miazga and Richards were both ill or had knocks) so Blackett might have been the remaining option - or seen to be a bit more defensive than Richards if Richards was available.

Issue is still going forward. The balance isn’t right, think Reading need a forward with lethal pace and don’t need all of Puscas, Joao and Meite.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Dec 2019 17:27

Well if the ssn highlights were anything to go by, glad I didn’t watch the whole match

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 14 Dec 2019 17:30

Sutekh
Notts Royal Performance levels are concerning aren’t they. Team were disjointed at Barnsley, and sound similar today.

Opted or forced into a back 4 (perhaps Miazga and Richards were both ill or had knocks) so Blackett might have been the remaining option - or seen to be a bit more defensive than Richards if Richards was available.

Issue is still going forward. The balance isn’t right, think Reading need a forward with lethal pace and don’t need all of Puscas, Joao and Meite.

Yea I agree with you about the strikers - transfer policy on it all was a bit of a mess. Balance is indeed not right.

But if you play a diamond, surely you need some attacking width from your full backs?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 14 Dec 2019 17:49

Zero attempt on goal,but a good point against the odds.

We just have to up our home form,and we can drag ourselves out of this.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2019 17:49

To confirm Miazga missed out through hamstring injury. Management decided precautionary rest needed.

Obita missing due to illness in his family.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Dec 2019 18:14

Having a look at other results around the league it strikes me that despite us having a defence that is, at times, truly calamitous we havent really been beaten by a large margin by teams who have gone and beaten other teams by a large margin. Seems odd.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Dec 2019 18:34

Are we not even bothering with a BFTG for this one? :D

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Dec 2019 18:54

Sutekh

We need Barrow back. He was hit and miss but his pace is badly missed. Two important home games coming up where we need to be picking up points to set us well clear of the relegation zone. Beyond that it’s difficult to get excited about the rest of this season.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 14 Dec 2019 19:04

genome Are we not even bothering with a BFTG for this one? :D

I have just met this demand!