January Transfer Window

456 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: January Transfer Window

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Dec 2019 11:35

We'll see. Trying to break through in a relegation battling team as an 18 year old is very tough.

Technically he seemed to have ability, but he never showed much confidence and always took the safe option or easy pass instead of trying to make something happen. And we still don't know what his best position is.

Given the hype and his England involvement, last season was undoubtedly a disappointment. But I wouldn't write him off. We should be looking to sell with a decent sell on clause, as I wouldn't be surprised to see him find his feet in a couple of years, assuming he doesn't sign the contract on offer.

Felt91

by Felt91 » 27 Dec 2019 11:26

I know Bowen has said we got cover in midfield (regarding baker) but if we could get Ryan woods from stoke I think he would be an ideal back up/cover for swift who we desperately need to keep fit.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Dec 2019 11:17

Given Adam seems to have found his role in our team, I don't see the need for any more CMs. Pele has been steadily improving game by game too.

A backup keeper is important, as we'd be truly screwed if anything happened to Rafael.

I'd also be tempted to another wide option given we're now playing wingers. One good enough to start and move Ejaria back inside. However, definitely no use in getting a wide squad option. We have Meite, Ejaria, Boye, McCleary, Barrett and Olise. If there's an available player who can improve those options then great, but a journeyman squad player only blocks off the path for Barrett and Olise.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 31 Dec 2019 18:46

#bringbacklefondre

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Dec 2019 18:50

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but plenty of L1 and L2 teams interested in Barrett, likely to let him go

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Jan 2020 19:14

Windows been open 19 hours and we haven`t signed anyone yet, fold the club.

Seriously though why can`t we tie down Ovie to a decent contract instead of waiting till the end of the season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Jan 2020 07:35

windermereROYAL Windows been open 19 hours and we haven`t signed anyone yet, fold the club.

Seriously though why can`t we tie down Ovie to a decent contract instead of waiting till the end of the season.

Because he doesn’t join us permanently until the end of the season, perhaps?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 07:46

windermereROYAL Windows been open 19 hours and we haven`t signed anyone yet, fold the club.

Because that is the agreement with the selling club....... How is it you need that explaining to you?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jan 2020 10:09

Old Man Andrews

Because that is the agreement with the selling club....... How is it you need that explaining to you?

FFP is probably still an issue to some degree. I'd imagine he's on not a lot, what with him being about 20th choice at Liverpool. So we wait until the summer, roll over to a new FFP period and have Mannone and probably also Gunter and McCleary off the books.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jan 2020 18:11

Everything has already been agreed but can't be signed to 1st July for FFP accounting purposes.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Jan 2020 23:54

Stranded

Everything has already been agreed but can't be signed to 1st July for FFP accounting purposes.

Is there a chance he could go to someone else at the end of the season or is it all watertight?

Just seems like a strange thing for Liverpool to agree to.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2020 07:11

Scutterbucketz
Stranded

Is there a chance he could go to someone else at the end of the season or is it all watertight?

Just seems like a strange thing for Liverpool to agree to.

Fairly common deal really.

Liverpool wanted to sell and we have committed to buy at their asking price but with first payment delayed until 1st July but they get him off their books now and any liability around injury rests with us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2020 08:55

Just from reading comments on twitter (I know), seems like Southwood has done very well at HA

Wonder if there is still a future here for him - ie contract extension then back there for the rest of the season like they want

Or we could just keep him as back up this season

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jan 2020 12:36

Hound Just from reading comments on twitter (I know), seems like Southwood has done very well at HA

Wonder if there is still a future here for him - ie contract extension then back there for the rest of the season like they want

Or we could just keep him as back up this season

With Rafael and Walker here Luke is not going to get a game at Reading this season (whether he signs a new deal or not). Then there’s Virginia who’ll probably be the next choice unless he gets sent back to Everton (and I’ve not heard any rumours he is going back as yet). Plus Mannone will also still be about if he doesn’t get picked up by another club this month.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2020 12:59

When do Walker and Cabral's contracts expire? Walker this season or next?

Can't see us retaining Walker beyond his deadline, so there is opportunity for Southwood as a No 2 in the not too distant future, though he could obviously do with games to develop.

If Bowen rates Southwood, then could potentially see Walker get a loan to put him in the shop window and Southwood make No 2. If Cabral did get injured there is always Mannone's experience to fall back on, but you don't need him bench warming. And if Virginia is ahead of Southwood, he may as well retire from football now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2020 13:08

Plenty of rumours about Virginia going back, basically done from what JLow says

Mannone will be offloaded if at all possible from the sound of it as well - again direct from Bowen

Walker might well get an offer elsewhere. So it’s far from out the question he could end up being out back up for the rest of the year. Obvs he may prefer to still be at Hamilton

Walker ooc end of next season

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jan 2020 18:08

Hound Plenty of rumours about Virginia going back, basically done from what JLow says

Mannone will be offloaded if at all possible from the sound of it as well - again direct from Bowen

Walker might well get an offer elsewhere. So it’s far from out the question he could end up being out back up for the rest of the year. Obvs he may prefer to still be at Hamilton

Walker ooc end of next season

Honestly would not be concerned if all that happened. Mannone I certainly expect to go elsewhere either permanently or on loan later this month.

Virginia not being included today certainly suggests he’s going back to Everton shortly.

Be good if Walker could be sold this month with Southwood stepping up but think that it is something the club won’t really consider until the summer.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Jan 2020 16:20

Looks like Barrett is on his way out.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2020 16:23

Hendo

Looks like Barrett is on his way out.

Good luck to him, shame he never fully kicked on

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2020 16:40

sounds like a perm move as well

Liked the lad, but I think he is making the right choice at this point in time. A good player in there if he can get a good run I think. Good luck to him

456 posts