The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by Royalwaster » 13 Jan 2020 11:56

paultheroyal
LWJ rent free is probably the most cringeworthy thing in fashion right now

I am probably a bit thick (don't answer that) but what is this "rent free"? Not heard that expression before.

Like you I'd never heard this before but will now reside rent free in my head. This article explains it well:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jo ... ult-of-our

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2020 12:23

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo Twitter almost unreadable after the game at the weekend.

It is just full of kids trying to one-up people and b8 them? It is all embarrassing.

Why are you so fragile Hendo? What happened to you? I saw some good natured football banter you would expect to see after a game like that, nothing more.

Not fragile :| I didn't say I was offended by it, I just think it is all a bit embarrassing. it isn't good natured when people start calling other people peados or nonces or that they touch kids. Goes beyond the line of 'banter'.

The most cringeworthy ones for me are rent free and cry more and absolute weapon. Do people actually talk like this in real life?

It isn't just after this game, it is after every game.

I like Twitter, I think its a great platform, but my god, when it comes to football it brings out embarrassing qualities in a lot of people.

What do those phrases mean?

Twitter originally gave the lonely and undermpowered a voice and way to feel included. Now it's just a cesspit of vitriol, attention seeking and controversy to feel powerful at the expense of others.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2020 12:26

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Why are you so fragile Hendo? What happened to you? I saw some good natured football banter you would expect to see after a game like that, nothing more.

Not fragile :| I didn't say I was offended by it, I just think it is all a bit embarrassing. it isn't good natured when people start calling other people peados or nonces or that they touch kids. Goes beyond the line of 'banter'.

The most cringeworthy ones for me are rent free and cry more and absolute weapon. Do people actually talk like this in real life?

I like Twitter, I think its a great platform, but my god, when it comes to football it brings out embarrassing qualities in a lot of people.

Nobody surely sees Twitter as real life though? Twitter is used as an extension of a persons character, a place where people can be a "bit extra" and in some cases push the envelope. Now I grant you, a fair few people go too far and veer into the offensive or just plain illegal but there are functions that enable the user to avoid them. You can mute words such as the ones you mentioned, block accounts or report things you feel go over the line. For example I muted the words "Meghan", "Harry" and "Royal Family" this morning as I am sick of hearing about that bullshit now.

The problem with the internet right there. "It's not real life".

Er, yeah, it is. It's real people saying real things that other real people read. And that have an emotional and behavioural effect on those saying it and reading it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 12:28

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Nobody surely sees Twitter as real life though? Twitter is used as an extension of a persons character, a place where people can be a "bit extra" and in some cases push the envelope. Now I grant you, a fair few people go too far and veer into the offensive or just plain illegal but there are functions that enable the user to avoid them. You can mute words such as the ones you mentioned, block accounts or report things you feel go over the line. For example I muted the words "Meghan", "Harry" and "Royal Family" this morning as I am sick of hearing about that bullshit now.

Er, yeah, it is. It's real people saying real things that other real people read.

No it isn't real life because in reality people on Twitter wouldn't say the things they do on the street, they use Twitter as an extension of reality. If you take Twitter seriously then you are the one with the problem. Then again we knew that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2020 12:29

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Why are you so fragile Hendo? What happened to you? I saw some good natured football banter you would expect to see after a game like that, nothing more.

Twitter originally gave the lonely and undermpowered a voice and way to feel included. Now it's just a cesspit of vitriol, attention seeking and controversy to feel powerful at the expense of others.

Rent free - explanation above.
Cry more - I believe this one is used when a comeback to a bite cannot be responded to, so the tweeter just uses cry more as a response.
Absolute weapon - an idiot.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 12:33

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Cry more - I believe this one is used when a comeback to a bite cannot be responded to, so the tweeter just uses cry more as a response.
Absolute weapon - Ian Royal

Slight correction.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2020 12:33

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews Nobody surely sees Twitter as real life though? Twitter is used as an extension of a persons character, a place where people can be a "bit extra" and in some cases push the envelope. Now I grant you, a fair few people go too far and veer into the offensive or just plain illegal but there are functions that enable the user to avoid them. You can mute words such as the ones you mentioned, block accounts or report things you feel go over the line. For example I muted the words "Meghan", "Harry" and "Royal Family" this morning as I am sick of hearing about that bullshit now.

Er, yeah, it is. It's real people saying real things that other real people read.

No it isn't real life because in reality people on Twitter wouldn't say the things they do on the street, they use Twitter as an extension of reality. If you take Twitter seriously then you are the one with the problem. Then again we knew that.

I don't use Twitter thanks. We've all seen how you and DD get affected by things said and done one the internet. How it affects your behaviour and mental health. I mean you constantly whine about being bullied by anyone who pushes back when you're rude to them.

Act a pcunt online, be more of a pcunt in person. It's the way brains and behaviour works.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jan 2020 12:35

LWJ
bobby1413
LordCKS's tweets are vitriolic, seem quite agreesive as he seems to shove his opinion down your throat. In a way he's similar to NathSTPaul in that respect.

Still pretty apt to this day.

RIP Bobby

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobby was always a great poster. And factually correct aswell.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 12:35

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal The problem with the internet right there. "It's not real life".

I don't use Twitter thanks. We've all seen how you and DD get affected by things said and done one the internet. How it affects your behaviour and mental health. I mean you constantly whine about being bullied by anyone who pushes back when you're rude to them.

Act a pcunt online, be more of a pcunt in person. It's the way brains and behaviour works.

So you can criticsie platform but you don't use it or have a basic understanding of it? Thats a good one even for you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2020 12:41

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews No it isn't real life because in reality people on Twitter wouldn't say the things they do on the street, they use Twitter as an extension of reality. If you take Twitter seriously then you are the one with the problem. Then again we knew that.

So you can criticsie platform but you don't use it or have a basic understanding of it? Thats a good one even for you.

I do have a basic understanding of it thanks. It's not complex and I know a lot of people who do / did use it.

Anyhoo. I'm out of any sort of drawn out borefest with you, said my piece and done. Ta-ta.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 12:44

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal

I do have a basic understanding of it thanks. It's not complex and I know a lot of people who do / did use it.

Anyhoo. I'm out of any sort of drawn out borefest with you, said my piece and done. Ta-ta.

Run away because you have been shown up for what you are? See ya.

Twitter has several functions on it that stop you seeing any bad words or arguments Ian, you'd know that if you were on it or knew anything about it.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 13 Jan 2020 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jan 2020 12:51

Hendo
paultheroyal
LWJ rent free is probably the most cringeworthy thing in fashion right now

I am probably a bit thick (don't answer that) but what is this "rent free"? Not heard that expression before.

People tweet "Rent Free" to claim that they are thinking about a subject that has got them rattled and said subject is then living "rent free" in their minds.

But that makes no sense.

Just don't tweet it. Attention seeking bollocks.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jan 2020 12:53

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Er, yeah, it is. It's real people saying real things that other real people read. And that have an emotional and behavioural effect on those saying it and reading it.

Exactly. Which is why if you do or say certain things on there, or post about people like Maxine Carr or Jon Venebles and their real identities, you will get arrested.

I'm sure the judge won't be like "oh it isn't real life so let's just let him off".

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jan 2020 12:55

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Absolute weapon - an idiot.

Ok Boomer- the worst thing that has ever been on the internet. Absolutely pointless and ridiculous response

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jan 2020 12:57

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews So you can criticsie platform but you don't use it or have a basic understanding of it? Thats a good one even for you.

Run away because you have been shown up for what you are? See ya.

Twitter has several functions on it that stop you seeing any bad words or arguments Ian, you'd know that if you were on it or knew anything about it.

You really are a flid aren't you?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 12:59

See Ian, the best thing about Twitter is just like here if you see something you don't like said by a complete knuckle dragging moron (see above) then you can put them on mute/ignore and never have to see it. I don't know what he's said but it will have no affect on me because I cannot see it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2020 13:02

Old Man Andrews See Ian, the best thing about Twitter is just like here if you see something you don't like said by a complete knuckle dragging moron (see above) then you can put them on mute/ignore and never have to see it. I don't know what he's said but it will have no affect on me because I cannot see it.

that's a shame as he said some lovely complimentary things about you. But you'll obviously never get to see them now

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 13:03

Hound
Old Man Andrews See Ian, the best thing about Twitter is just like here if you see something you don't like said by a complete knuckle dragging moron (see above) then you can put them on mute/ignore and never have to see it. I don't know what he's said but it will have no affect on me because I cannot see it.

that's a shame as he said some lovely complimentary things about you. But you'll obviously never get to see them now

He can try calling me again like he has done before and tell me.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2020 13:13

I dove headfirst into the Twitter banter, I loved it. As long as you don't take it seriously, it's fine.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 13:16

genome I dove headfirst into the Twitter banter, I loved it. As long as you don't take it seriously, it's fine.

You can literally customise Twitter to be exactly what you want it to be, I have never understood anyone getting their knickers in a twist about football related banter. If you don't like it then quite literally have it edited out of your news feed.

709 posts