MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

269 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:58

NewCorkSeth
Hendo Lets just hope there isn't a repeat of this from a couple of years ago!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a6c796536df9/blackpool-game-called-off-following-two-pitch-inspections

Anyone care to check the rainfall level for that particular date?

Only rained the morning of the game but very heavily which was the issue. I think constant light/medium rain would be ok, there was a real deluge around 10am on the morning of the game that killed it. The pitch was already suffering from watterlogging though due to heavy rain in the week leading up to the game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 15:00

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Hendo Lets just hope there isn't a repeat of this from a couple of years ago!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a6c796536df9/blackpool-game-called-off-following-two-pitch-inspections

Anyone care to check the rainfall level for that particular date?

Only rained the morning of the game but very heavily which was the issue. I think constant light/medium rain would be ok, there was a real deluge around 10am on the morning of the game that killed it. The pitch was already suffering from watterlogging though due to heavy rain in the week leading up to the game.

I presume that compares favourably with the current situation?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 15:05

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I wasnt trying to be snippy I was genuinely curious. The winner of this match gets 135.5k. The loser gets less than that but I dont know by how much.

If the FA decided to take a couple of Million and invest in the FA cup prize money making it slightly more for smaller clubs and slightly less for larger clubs (for example, do United need 180k for winning the 4th round??) Then replays could be cut out.

I mean, realistically, are smaller clubs going to make 135.5k from hosting a replay? Nah.

No snippiness at all.

I think it all depends on the club hositing and the size of their facilities. For example you could have Plymouth get a draw away from home at Arsenal. They would then bring them back to Home Park that houses 18,600. £20 a ticket = £372,000 then you will have £250k for the TV rights to the replay. Obviously you can adjust the gate receipts dependent on the ground capacity of the smaller club.

I had thought you detected snippiness in my comment. Good to see you didnt.

I get your point but that is a particularly successful example you put forward. Most replays are unlikely to be against the top teams and are also unlikely to sell out.

I mean, look at the replays today.

I think limiting the amount of games each season has to be done at some point or 3lse we are going to see more and more heart attacks in the sport. There is, imo, definitely an economically fair way to do away with replays. However you are correct to point out the small clubs need to be looked after.

The other option would be that in all 1st, 2nd, 3rd round ties the team who are lower in league standing terms are always at home thus handicapping the competition to a degree. No replays. The TV rights are then made more expensive to compensate the lower league sides lack of potential replay.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 15:06

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Anyone care to check the rainfall level for that particular date?

In the grounds favour I think it has been relatively dry for the past couple of weeks.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 14 Jan 2020 15:07

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Anyone care to check the rainfall level for that particular date?

Constant umbrella weather since 12 noon. The 40+ mph winds haven’t arrived yet

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Jan 2020 15:07

hughsies no.1 Excuse the pun - but what are the chances of a stream for tonight's game? Surely there will be one around being the FA Cup?

Going to both Millwall and Forest in the next week - so couldn't quite justify heading to Blackpool to watch the ressies in the cup.

the normal sites are not listing at the moment but the match is listed here https://www.livesoccertv.com/competitio ... nd/fa-cup/
as a international TV match so maybe there might be streams around.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 15:12

Ok game will be definitely off now.......

https://twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/ ... 90304?s=20

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jan 2020 15:18

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I wasnt trying to be snippy I was genuinely curious. The winner of this match gets 135.5k. The loser gets less than that but I dont know by how much.

If the FA decided to take a couple of Million and invest in the FA cup prize money making it slightly more for smaller clubs and slightly less for larger clubs (for example, do United need 180k for winning the 4th round??) Then replays could be cut out.

I mean, realistically, are smaller clubs going to make 135.5k from hosting a replay? Nah.

No snippiness at all.

I think it all depends on the club hositing and the size of their facilities. For example you could have Plymouth get a draw away from home at Arsenal. They would then bring them back to Home Park that houses 18,600. £20 a ticket = £372,000 then you will have £250k for the TV rights to the replay. Obviously you can adjust the gate receipts dependent on the ground capacity of the smaller club.

I had thought you detected snippiness in my comment. Good to see you didnt.

I get your point but that is a particularly successful example you put forward. Most replays are unlikely to be against the top teams and are also unlikely to sell out.

I mean, look at the replays today.

I think limiting the amount of games each season has to be done at some point or 3lse we are going to see more and more heart attacks in the sport. There is, imo, definitely an economically fair way to do away with replays. However you are correct to point out the small clubs need to be looked after.

The games are being limited already in the Cup - we've gone from endless replays to just 1 and these have now been scrapped from the 5th round onwards to free up calendar space to allow a winter break for the PL.

My view should be replays to the 3rd round and then from 4th round onwards finished on the day. They also should look at bringing in the FA Trophy rule that as long as both clubs agree beforehand a tie can be completed without need for a replay where one would normally take place.

With Tranmere off tonight, they will most likely have to replay on 4th round Saturday and the winners 4th round tie will be on the replay date. Any replay then will have time to be squeezed in but the PL break makes it more difficult even with the 5th round shifted to March.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Jan 2020 15:21

Is the AFC Fylde home game tonight in the Conference against Notts County subject to a pitch inspection?

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 14 Jan 2020 15:23

Precipitation eased to drizzle/light rain and the forecasted strong winds are no longer expected. Speedos on and off to the beach 8)

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Jan 2020 15:29

If our game gets called off but AFC Fylde’s doesn’t, maybe I’ll see some of you there later instead!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Jan 2020 15:45

Tranmere v Watford OFF only 1 hour down the road

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Jan 2020 15:46

WoodleyRoyal Tranmere v Watford OFF only 1 hour down the road

Their pitch has been a nightmare for months now so that doesn’t surprise me.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Jan 2020 15:48

WoodleyRoyal Tranmere v Watford OFF only 1 hour down the road

With the difference being that Tranmere have had problems for weeks with the Prenton Park pitch, whereas Blackpool don`t !!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2020 17:16

-------------------Walker
Howe---Miazga---McIntyre*--Richards
--------------Pele---Rinomhota
McCleary-----Olise----------Obita
------------------Baldock

Subs: CBC, Yiadom**, Blackett, Adam, Swift, Meite, Puscas

* or Morrison if McIntyre isn't fit.
** or Gunter if Yiadom isn't fit

Is East still around or on loan? If he's still around, maybe give him a go instead of Pele.

If Baldock isn't 100% then Puscas, with Loader on the bench.

Protect our key players, give our first team bench some time and some opportunities for the Academy lads as well.

Might even go crazy and give Nevers a spot on the bench.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2020 17:24

Guessing Nevers was still playing for the U23s when the coach left yesterday

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 17:29

J-Low says they are expecting an attendance of around 5,000 for tonight with 400 from Reading.

If we have taken 400, fair oxf*rd play to them. That is loads more than I was expecting.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2020 17:30

Hound Guessing Nevers was still playing for the U23s when the coach left yesterday

Fair point, not really paying attention to details like travel timings.

He's popped up with goals since his contract so would be a decent reward, but quite eccentric

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 17:54

Hendo J-Low says they are expecting an attendance of around 5,000 for tonight with 400 from Reading.

If we have taken 400, fair oxf*rd play to them. That is loads more than I was expecting.

400 is amazing.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Jan 2020 18:33

Pitch looks good on short video up on Reading fc twitter.

269 posts