MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

269 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 21:37

Sutekh FT 2-0

How good are Reading’s youngsters then? Stepped up well against a reasonably decent third division team. Should really help with their development and confidence.

No doubt a very similar team for the 4th round tie. Really do hope it’s Carlisle and we don’t get 2 weekends v Cardiff.

Bristol City game now postponed. Reckon will just be put back to the following Tuesday (28th) though.

Carlisle v Cardiff scheduled for tomorrow.

Great win, very comfortable. Hope we mix it up a bit next round in terms of team selection and include a few first teamer, would be lovely to get through to round 5.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 14 Jan 2020 21:37

andrew1957 Is that Reading FC's youngest ever back 4 in a first team fixture at ages 20, 21, 21 and 21? And Olise is only 18 and Loader 19 - plus Rimonhota who is an old man tonight at age 22. That is 7 players out of 11 under the age of 22.

Hope they win. Will be interesting.

Excellent performance by a young team and a clean sheet for the four chaps at the back. Well done and the same team in the next round for me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2020 21:38

So if we struggle in our next couple of League games does Bowen go full strength in the Fourth Round?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 21:41

Zip So if we struggle in our next couple of League games does Bowen go full strength in the Fourth Round?

Should go with at least 5 first choice players in the next round, certainly would have the likes of Yiadom, Rafael and Swift playing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2020 21:42

Zip So if we struggle in our next couple of League games does Bowen go full strength in the Fourth Round?

No. Not in my opinion. If it's Cardiff maybe not quite as inexperienced a side, but still using those in the First Team not getting a game and promising Academy lads with possibly one or two First XI players to bolster.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 14 Jan 2020 21:43

Simmops Awful game, and a complete distraction. We will never win the cup so should go for the playoffs instead.

This season the Cup Final & Play Off Final are two days apart. In the ludicrously unlikely scenario that we qualify for both, which game would you prioritise?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2020 21:46

Snowflake Royal

No. Not in my opinion. If it's Cardiff maybe not quite as inexperienced a side, but still using those in the First Team not getting a game and promising Academy lads with possibly one or two First XI players to bolster.

I would like a stronger side. If our League season is all but over the Cup game gives us a great chance of reaching the last 16. It will keep our season alive. It is a tricky one though because our youngsters/ reserves have done very well tonight.
Another clean sheet too. Very pleasing all round.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Jan 2020 21:46

Both goals are on the BBC live feed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/51025666

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2020 21:49

Huckleberry Hound
Simmops Awful game, and a complete distraction. We will never win the cup so should go for the playoffs instead.

This season the Cup Final & Play Off Final are two days apart. In the ludicrously unlikely scenario that we qualify for both, which game would you prioritise?

Probably depend on the opposition. If it's Liverpool in the cup final then probably the PO Final. even though I think promotion might be a mistake. If it's someone a little more beatable like Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester etc then absolutely the FA Cup.

Another season in the best league in England and a major trophy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rubbing shoulders with PL oxf*rd every week.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2020 21:51

Zip
Snowflake Royal

I would like a stronger side. If our League season is all but over the Cup game gives us a great chance of reaching the last 16. It will keep our season alive. It is a tricky one though because our youngsters/ reserves have done very well tonight.
Another clean sheet too. Very pleasing all round.

Yep.

It's too early to say the season is over just because we lose the next couple. I don't think it would happen, but we could get dragged back into the mire still at that stage, and even with a weaker team you can still go through. A bit stronger but certainly not full strength.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 21:51

Imagine choosing Promotion over winning the FA Cup :D :D :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2020 21:53

PieEater Both goals are on the BBC live feed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/51025666

Lovely ball in from Olise.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 21:53

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Bigtimmeh Yeah they just did. It was ok..

Yeah, good cross, poor attempted block / clearance and a pounce. Can't say it changes my mind about Boye much.

He could score 5 goals a game and miserable bastards like you would still hate him. He is perfectly fine for us, gets a raw deal for no reason.

To be fair, as someone who rates Boye, he hasn’t exactly been fine for us considering he hasn’t scored in the league yet

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 21:54

Joao out for longer than feared, could be facing three months injured

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 21:57

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Yeah, good cross, poor attempted block / clearance and a pounce. Can't say it changes my mind about Boye much.

He could score 5 goals a game and miserable bastards like you would still hate him. He is perfectly fine for us, gets a raw deal for no reason.

To be fair, as someone who rates Boye, he hasn’t exactly been fine for us considering he hasn’t scored in the league yet

He's barely played...... Not sure why anyone would feel the need to slag him off just after scoring.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 14 Jan 2020 21:59

Huckleberry Hound

Do I really need to answer that?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 14 Jan 2020 22:02

Old Man Andrews Imagine choosing Promotion over winning the FA Cup :D :D :D

Imagine being that thick.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 22:03

URZZZZ Joao out for longer than feared, could be facing three months injured

Increases the need for a striker to come in? Loan preferably.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2020 22:07

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Joao out for longer than feared, could be facing three months injured

Increases the need for a striker to come in? Loan preferably.

That’s basically season ending. What a pain in the arse

Yeh think we should get a loan in pretty quickly

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Jan 2020 22:08

Snowflake Royal
John Madejski's Wallet Job done. Happy with this

Yep. Great experience for Olise, Richards, Loader, Burley, Dorsett, McIntyre and Howe.

Shame Aluko got more minutes in a Reading shirt. Game over and East, House or Medford-Smith could have got a nice run out.

I really don't understand fans like you - OK so you don't rate Boye and Aluko, but it seems you'd prefer for them to fail over them actually turning the corner and proving you wrong? I remember not rating Kebe in his first season and before that Shane Long - but boy those two proved me wrong and I was overjoyed to be proven wrong.

269 posts