MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by Neil Webb

171 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by Neil Webb

by Hound » 21 Jan 2020 16:27

dunno, didn't watch. But he did get an assist or two over the tie. I do think he'd create more than Meite overall

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Jan 2020 16:35

Lose height/strength though

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jan 2020 16:35

Maybe. It seems to me although we play a sort of 4-5-1 we often look like this:

------------Rafael
--Morrison---Moore
Gunter-------Pele
----------------Swift---Blackett
----------------Adam---Ejaria
-----Meite----Baldock

When we attack. With play focused down the left, Gunter hugging the line, Pele covering and providing an outlet behind and Meite making late runs into the box. It's not ideal for McCleary but I suppose it could work.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2020 17:40

Westwood52
NewCorkSeth I think we should go with the same team pretty much. They did well in the reverse fixture and were unlucky to concede.
-----------------------Rafael
Gunter---Morrison---Moore---Blackett
-------------------------Pele
------------------Adam---Swift
Meite--------------------------------------Ejaria
-----------------------Puscas
Walker
Yiadom/Obita
Miazga
Rinomhota
Olise
McCleary
Baldock

Think Puscas is slightly better suited to being a lone frontman. Baldock looks out matched. No ability to play with back to goal which is what we are crying out for.

Lost faith with Puskas.Put Meite CF to bash them about a bit,with either Baldock or Boye out wide.

I know Joao did well, but it was a fairly brief spell and I just don't think any of our forwards really suit one up.

Joao - skill, size and strength all fine, but his work rate is somewhat questionable at times - most likely of the bunch

Baldock - work rate second to none, experienced, but his size and hold up play isn't really there and he doesn't score enough

Puscas - well he's got talent and he's the right size and strength, but his work rate and touch is often poor and he has barren patches

Meite - work rate, size and strength great, but the ball does bounce off him a lot and his hold up play isn't great

Loader - doesn't really have the physical presence, experience, finishing or hold up presence

Problem is, we're overburdened with good CBs, CMs and FB, with very limited wing options, so two up either makes us crazy narrow or means several good players are dropped.

Don't really have a solution, but if we could fix it with some transfer business we could really fly.

biff

by biff » 21 Jan 2020 19:17

are tickets available on the gate?

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 21 Jan 2020 19:25

..................Raphael..................
Gunter..Moore..Miaza..Blackett
...................Pele..................
......Ejaria..............Swift........
Meite or......Puscas.......Baldock
McCleary

I know Adam has done well lately but I think we need to get Ejaria back in the middle on the ball he’s wasted wide on the left and Baldock has proved in the past he can do a job in that position

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2020 20:13

Seems a bit of noise around Matty Cash and AC Milan

Hopefully it will distract him, thought he was very good against us last time

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2020 20:27

Hound Seems a bit of noise around Matty Cash and AC Milan

Hopefully it will distract him, thought he was very good against us last time

Bizarre transfer. I do love a random leftfield move in the window I must say.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 21 Jan 2020 22:54

I’m Billy no mates tomorrow night no one I know ‘darn saarf’ can make it and being a resident of the shire of Nottingham I can’t not go, anyone going to hooters for a pre match drink I’ll be the sad middle aged bloke supping a pint eating chicken wings and staring at the lasses :lol:

JR

by JR » 22 Jan 2020 00:10

Stranded
bcubed
Sutekh This game will also be another go at changing Reading’s utterly appalling record for away midweek evening league fixtures which now stands at only 2 wins in 35 attempts - and none at all for almost exactly 2 years.

:shock:

Didn't realise it was that bad

May not even bother with red button !

Is it even on the red button? Didn't think re-arranged fixtures were included in that TV Deal?

Yes, it’s not on the red button. What I don’t understand is that Charlton vs Fulham is. Is that a rearranged game? It can’t be as they have already played 28 each.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Jan 2020 00:15

JR
Stranded
bcubed
:shock:

Didn't realise it was that bad

May not even bother with red button !

Is it even on the red button? Didn't think re-arranged fixtures were included in that TV Deal?

Yes, it’s not on the red button. What I don’t understand is that Charlton vs Fulham is. Is that a rearranged game? It can’t be as they have already played 28 each.

Was speaking to a Fulham fan who suggested it was moved to midweek as they were originally due to play on the FA Cup weekend.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 00:21

tidus_mi2
JR
Stranded

Was speaking to a Fulham fan who suggested it was moved to midweek as they were originally due to play on the FA Cup weekend.

Possibly that or perhaps Forest didn’t want the game to be on the red button. Similar situation with Bolton last season IIRC

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2020 07:22

URZZZZ
tidus_mi2
JR

Possibly that or perhaps Forest didn’t want the game to be on the red button. Similar situation with Bolton last season IIRC

Re-arranged fixtures are not part of the midweek TV deal with Sky. It only covers scheduled midweek fixtures.

So Bristol City game won't be on next week either but WBA game will be.

Dodgy stream or iFollow via a VPN is your best bet tonight.

Charlton-Fulham was brought forward from Saturday.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jan 2020 08:01

100% going to lose tonight, cannot see us getting a thing at Forest. You will then get the same bellends having a go at Bowen et etc.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2020 08:18

Stranded
URZZZZ
tidus_mi2 Was speaking to a Fulham fan who suggested it was moved to midweek as they were originally due to play on the FA Cup weekend.

Re-arranged fixtures are not part of the midweek TV deal with Sky. It only covers scheduled midweek fixtures.

So how is the Charlton-Fulham game on the red button then or is JR wrong?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2020 08:24

Sutekh
Stranded
URZZZZ

Strange as the tv deal doesn't include re-arranged games as I understand it (happy if someone can point to a different understanding), so either they have agreed a one off deal here or had the game been picked for broadcast by Sky for the original date?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2020 08:39

Stranded
Sutekh
Stranded

Strange as the tv deal doesn't include re-arranged games as I understand it (happy if someone can point to a different understanding), so either they have agreed a one off deal here or had the game been picked for broadcast by Sky for the original date?

AFAIK, they can just agree one off deals for re-arranged games. They are certainly under no commitment to show them, but I believe the EFL is ok with them doing so

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2020 08:47

Hound
Stranded
Sutekh

AFAIK, they can just agree one off deals for re-arranged games. They are certainly under no commitment to show them, but I believe the EFL is ok with them doing so

Would make sense then especially if they are only showing one game and it is only available via the red button.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 22 Jan 2020 10:02

thanks

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 10:06

Old Man Andrews 100% going to lose tonight, cannot see us getting a thing at Forest. You will then get the same bellends having a go at Bowen et etc.

Out of interest, why are we going to 100% lose?

At home:

Wigan went there and should have won
Middlesbrough went there and drew when they were on poor form
They struggled to a 1-0 victory over Barnsley having 1 shot on target the entire game
They lost to Hull and Cardiff
They got thumped 4-0 to Sheffield Wednesday conceding three in the process to Jordan Rhodes

Absolutely no reason why such a defeatist attitude should be taken to tonight’s game

171 posts