January Transfer Window

456 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: January Transfer Window

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 07:36

Old Man Andrews Yeah I don't see how anyone can have an issue with Wickham coming in, decent at holding the ball up, good in the air and he has something to prove. He will be coming here with a view to getting a move in the summer so he will hopefully have the right attitude.

Yep exactly that

Shame if Howe does go permanently

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2020 08:13

There were rumours a while back about some disgruntled academy players claiming Howe was fastracked because of his Dad. He's clearly shown that's bollocks based on his performances, but maybe he just wants a fresh start where he'll be judged purely on his ability.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2020 08:22

Sutekh
Hound
Old Man Andrews Sources telling me Connor Wickham will sign on loan tomorrow.

Is your source JLow?

Makes sense to me as I’ve said elsewhere

In competition with Sheff Wed, Cardiff and Forest apparently

Given Conor was with Reading as a youngster (until he was about 14 I think) perhaps there is a little bit of a connection with him that might give Reading a slight edge?

And he's somehow just 26. He'll probably sign for Forest anyway but would definitely be happy if he comes in today.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2020 08:23

Stranded
Sutekh
Hound
Is your source JLow?

Given Conor was with Reading as a youngster (until he was about 14 I think) perhaps there is a little bit of a connection with him that might give Reading a slight edge?

And he's somehow just 26. He'll probably sign for Forest anyway but would definitely be happy if he comes in today.

I was pretty surprised to see he's not 31.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 08:30

Stranded
Sutekh
Hound
Is your source JLow?

I’m not sure why he’d join Forest to be fair

With our recent struggles in front of goal, he’s more likely to get into our team quicker than at Forest who have the joint second highest scorer in the league

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 31 Jan 2020 08:32

URZZZZ
Stranded
Sutekh

With our recent struggles in front of goal, he’s more likely to get into our team quicker than at Forest who have the joint second highest scorer in the league

Maybe as they’re 3rd not 15th...and pull in 25k rather than 10k gates?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 08:34

Pepe the Horseman There were rumours a while back about some disgruntled academy players claiming Howe was fastracked because of his Dad. He's clearly shown that's bollocks based on his performances, but maybe he just wants a fresh start where he'll be judged purely on his ability.

quite possibly and fair enough if so

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 08:34

Notts Royal
URZZZZ
Stranded

Maybe as they’re 3rd not 15th...and pull in 25k rather than 10k gates?

yeah but its not about promotion or whatever for him I doubt - its more being guaranteed to start in every game to prove his worth. That probably wouldn't happen at Forest

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 08:46

Hound
From Despair To Where?
Hound
well other than playing time. Is Mannone really happy to sit on his backside for another 6 months?

When he's sitting on £30,000 a week with little hope of getting that anywhere else, yes. That's double what Minnesota offered him.

Its not quite as cut and dried as that though is it - We no doubt subsidised his wages last year and would probably end up doing so again sadly. I still reckon he'll go tomorrow

looks like this is the case - instagrammed a pic of him flying off somewhere

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2020 08:49

URZZZZ
Zip Talk Reading saying Howe to Blackpool will be a permanent deal. Hmmmm.

Not fussed, wont get ahead of Yiadom and Gunter for a while so not much point of keeping him

Think he’s the sort of player that will end up around lower league 1/league 2 his entire career

:|

Gunter is out of contract at the end of the season and 30.

I really wonder about you sometimes.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 08:51

I'm yet to be convinced Gunter won't be offered another year tbh

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 08:59

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Zip Talk Reading saying Howe to Blackpool will be a permanent deal. Hmmmm.

Not fussed, wont get ahead of Yiadom and Gunter for a while so not much point of keeping him

Think he’s the sort of player that will end up around lower league 1/league 2 his entire career

:|

Gunter is out of contract at the end of the season and 30.

I really wonder about you sometimes.

Ah, another “expert” who’s seen Howe play twice so is upset

Barrett is doing great at Bristol at the moment by the way

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jan 2020 09:00

Hound I'm yet to be convinced Gunter won't be offered another year tbh

Agreed with this, I think he will be with us next year. He has 100% done enough in recent games to deserve a new contract.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2020 09:22

PistolPete https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18200330.oxford-united-accept-offers-shandon-baptiste-tariqe-fosu/

Not joining us, but Brentford once again bossing the transfer market. Fosu was always going to be good, will we have any clause for him? Baptiste will be brilliant too

Fosu = Antonio mk2

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Jan 2020 09:34

Conor Wickham on loan while Joao is injured makes sense. Conor Wickham on permanent transfer, with probable high wages and history of injuries, is not good business.

Joao, Puscas, Baldock and Meite should be our options next season. If Puscas' second season in England is disappointing we can look to change things up then, but I think he deserves a decent chance and we shouldn't change things unless a really good option comes along (which Wickham isn't)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2020 09:34

paultheroyal
PistolPete https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18200330.oxford-united-accept-offers-shandon-baptiste-tariqe-fosu/

Not joining us, but Brentford once again bossing the transfer market. Fosu was always going to be good, will we have any clause for him? Baptiste will be brilliant too

Fosu = Antonio mk2

And if he does as well then fair play. Every single club, probably in the world, have let players go who end up going on to bigger and better things. It's really not as big a deal as some would like it to be.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2020 09:36

WestYorksRoyal Conor Wickham on loan while Joao is injured makes sense. Conor Wickham on permanent transfer, with probable high wages and history of injuries, is not good business.

Joao, Puscas, Baldock and Meite should be our options next season. If Puscas' second season in England is disappointing we can look to change things up then, but I think he deserves a decent chance and we shouldn't change things unless a really good option comes along (which Wickham isn't)

What if Wickham comes in, settles immediately, scores lets say 8 in 16 games and makes it clear he would jump at the chance to sign permanently?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 09:36

Stranded
paultheroyal

Fosu = Antonio mk2

And if he does as well then fair play. Every single club, probably in the world, have let players go who end up going on to bigger and better things. It's really not as big a deal as some would like it to be.

It’s pretty obvious Antonio wouldn’t have had the career he has had if he stayed here. Possibly with Stacey too. And maybe with Fosu. People can’t seem to grasp that

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jan 2020 09:41

paultheroyal

Fosu = Antonio mk2

When did Fosu drunkenly crash his car into someone's house?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jan 2020 09:41

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal Conor Wickham on loan while Joao is injured makes sense. Conor Wickham on permanent transfer, with probable high wages and history of injuries, is not good business.

What if Wickham comes in, settles immediately, scores lets say 8 in 16 games and makes it clear he would jump at the chance to sign permanently?

I'd be open to it if he was happy to accept a reasonable Championship wage.

456 posts