Rival Watch

17149 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Feb 2020 12:44

I really thought Brentford would win that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Feb 2020 12:52

NewCorkSeth I really thought Brentford would win that.

Brentford lacked class, they were scared of Leeds.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Feb 2020 12:54

So focusing on things that may actually have an effect on us. Gap to the bottom 3 decreased by a point last night, so we have a chance to stretch that back to 12 if we can somehow find a win tonight.

Bristol & Preston both have potentially tricky ties so we could find ourselves 8 points off the play-offs tonight or 14. Probably 13.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Feb 2020 13:09

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I really thought Brentford would win that.

Brentford lacked class, they were scared of Leeds.

I didnt watch it. Word on twitter is Brentford looked poor. I do think it is funny how many Leeds fans, even before this game, are turning on Casilla and Bamford.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2020 13:24

Stranded So focusing on things that may actually have an effect on us. Gap to the bottom 3 decreased by a point last night, so we have a chance to stretch that back to 12 if we can somehow find a win tonight.

Bristol & Preston both have potentially tricky ties so we could find ourselves 8 points off the play-offs tonight or 14. Probably 13.

Yeah increasingly looking like nothing but next season to play for, so interesting to see how Bowen manages to motivate those who:
1) are out of contract at the end of the season (Gunter / Blackett / Obita / McCleary etc
2) those on loan (Boye, Pele etc)
3) those who might think they're good enough to do better elsewhere (Swift, Ejaria etc)
4) those in contract maybe deemed surplus to requirements for next season (Aluko, Walker etc)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Feb 2020 13:38

Stranded So focusing on things that may actually have an effect on us. Gap to the bottom 3 decreased by a point last night, so we have a chance to stretch that back to 12 if we can somehow find a win tonight.

I always find these midweek rounds of fixtures throw up the most surprises. Do you think Charlton would have won that game last night had been on a Saturday at 3pm...? Not sure.

As stated in a different thread - the pressure is firmly on WBA now after Leeds dropped points last night, but as the away team at a ground they are notoriously poor at, I wouldn't be surprised to see us nick it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Feb 2020 14:20

Snowflake Royal

Yeah increasingly looking like nothing but next season to play for, so interesting to see how Bowen manages to motivate those who:
1) are out of contract at the end of the season (Gunter / Blackett / Obita / McCleary etc
2) those on loan (Boye, Pele etc)
3) those who might think they're good enough to do better elsewhere (Swift, Ejaria etc)
4) those in contract maybe deemed surplus to requirements for next season (Aluko, Walker etc)

You would think that those in 1 should motivate themselves to get a new deal somewhere, I see Gunter is out for a month though which is not great timing in for him.

Those on loan, I personally would begin to phase out unless there is a strong chance they will return - more Pele than Boye there.

3 is perhaps the hardest group esp if they all still have contracts or in Ejaria's case have one due to start.

Group 4 again begin to phase out as suitable - all of this won't happen for a few weeks though until things are much more set in stone.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Feb 2020 14:25

I think Aluko is pretty much playing for the rest of his career now. If he gets a couple of decent performances in, still a chance an ok club will pick him up on a 2 year deal from us (suspect we'd happily give him away). Another year of rotting about in reserve teams and loans to china and I don't think anyone will be paying him any sort of wage to play for them again

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Feb 2020 14:36

First and foremost, before talk of phasing certain players out, I think we should still have a big eye on our upcoming cup game and the players should use upcoming league games to cement their place in the cup squad

It is only the 5th round and we are against a top team in Sheffield United with one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, but ultimately we’re still only two games away from Wembley

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Feb 2020 14:51

All talk of having to motiv8 players because they think there's know nothing to play for is surely only relevant if you posit that said players are as stupid as our fans and Tim Dellor whereas I think they are generally more professional and have a more positive outlook than those, reasoning that it ain't over till it's over

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2020 17:26

Silver Fox All talk of having to motiv8 players because they think there's know nothing to play for is surely only relevant if you posit that said players are as stupid as our fans and Tim Dellor whereas I think they are generally more professional and have a more positive outlook than those, reasoning that it ain't over till it's over

We've certainly seen it before with the likes of John and Piazon although tbh Piazon was always toss.

There is certainly plenty to play for, for those here next season if you believe how we finish is likely to influence who we sign, who stays and how we start. But football is very short sighted, as we see from fans talkin of about the season being over and all that matters is the cup for the last few weeks.

Footballers aren't exactly known for being from a high smarts demographic either.

Personally, I think Bowen will do fine at this, but it's certainly at least a partial additional challenge.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Feb 2020 14:16

Forest being absolutely robbed by the officials against West Brom. Shocking stuff.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Feb 2020 14:38

A lackluster West Brom side choking in the last couple of minutes against Forest. You love to see it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Feb 2020 14:46

Are these so called commentators for real? said the last minute west brom goal was disallowed for a foul and was harsh. , FFS they were behind the keeper....offside .

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Feb 2020 14:50

windermereROYAL Are these so called commentators for real? said the last minute west brom goal was disallowed for a foul and was harsh. , FFS they were behind the keeper....offside .

The ball was already in before it hit Bartley. So Forest fans can stop crying over the officials now

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Feb 2020 14:59

URZZZZ
windermereROYAL Are these so called commentators for real? said the last minute west brom goal was disallowed for a foul and was harsh. , FFS they were behind the keeper....offside .

The ball was already in before it hit Bartley. So Forest fans can stop crying over the officials now

All in all a poor day for the officials

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Feb 2020 15:02

Anyway Middlesbrough are on a similar run to us - interesting to see how they’ll do against Luton

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Feb 2020 15:02

URZZZZ

He was interfering in play. You are clueless.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Feb 2020 16:45

Fulham :shock: :lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Feb 2020 16:50

genome Fulham :shock: :lol:

And least Stoke and Boro losing

17149 posts