BFTG - Baggies

165 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Baggies

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Feb 2020 14:03

Forbury Lion
Hendo Nothing wrong with the numbers IMO. Especially when you compare them with WBAs last night, those were a struggle!
+1 At one point I thought two players had the number 3 shirt on, I'm guessing one was an 8 or a 13, Very difficult to read.

I couldn't read the back of HRK's shirt when he was down injured and the camera was literally on a close up of it.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Feb 2020 14:13

That Meite offside goal was very close.Anybody on Hobnob in line ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2020 14:21

:?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Feb 2020 14:33

Hendo

oxf*rd linos.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2020 14:34

Hendo

Clearly onside.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 13 Feb 2020 14:35

Forbury Lion
John Madejski's Wallet Swift and Ejaria can sit on the bench for a bit. And take Puscas with them
Watching Ejaria play on the back of listening to the BBC Berks podcast interview with James Harper made me wonder if something Harper said could apply to Ejaria.

Harps said he had to not play at his best so that the team played better, that is he had to stay back in midfield and not attack/do fancy stuff. In one game he charged forward ran past the opposition and slotted it in the top corner of the goal. Coppell said well done, now don't go forward again.

He said he enjoyed playing in our relegation season the most because he played as an attacking midfielder and he had some great games but the team lost.

It's great to watch Ejaria do his trickery with the ball, but is this at the expense of the result? - I don't know, just putting it out there.

Good point...do we need 2 luxury midfielders (Swift & Ejaria) in the team at the same time?

A better balance IMO would be:
Pele (holding mid)
Rino (box to box runner)
Swift or Ejaria (Attacking mid)

Then, if you’re chasing a goal, Chuck the other AM on

If you’re only playing 1 up top, you need your AM to be as close to that striker as possible. Playing 2 deeper mids would also allow the 2 wide players to push up in support more

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2020 15:12

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Clearly onside.

Obviously the camera angle isn't great, but who is clearly playing him onside?

Moore, Obita?

Bartley's right foot looks closer to the goal line than either of them.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2020 15:14

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Clearly onside.

Moore, Obita?

Moore is playing him onside, camera angle isn't great I will grant you.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Feb 2020 15:43

On reflection - Baldock's cameo coming on was a clear message to Bowen and the team for that matter. This is how you press, this is how you fluster the opposition. Never saw any of that from Puscas whole game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Feb 2020 15:46

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Clearly onside.

Moore, Obita?

Moore is playing him onside, camera angle isn't great I will grant you.

Must be the angle then as, to me, he looks further forward than Moore.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Feb 2020 15:49

paultheroyal On reflection - Baldock's cameo coming on was a clear message to Bowen and the team for that matter. This is how you press, this is how you fluster the opposition. Never saw any of that from Puscas whole game.

I'm sure this argument wont be liked by everyone but I dont think he is asked to. Puscas that is. If Bowen wants him to play like Baldock, watched him not do so every game, and continues to play him then there is something seriously wrong.

I think it is much more likely Puscas is being asked to stay central and help in a pivoting role to connect the midfield to attack. You know, what Joao did. He isnt suited to it but to hound him for not running the lines isnt fair. If I am wrong, and I could be, and Puscas is simply not following instructions then Bowen is not fit for purpose. Especially considering Baldock does that every game. Why play someone who refuses to follow your tactic when it's one of your other strikers main strengths.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Feb 2020 15:50

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
East Grinstead Royal 2021 being the club's 150th anniversary would be a good time to bring back caps as part of the kit.

Shirt numbers you can actually see from a distance of more that 40 yards might be an idea...

Asking a bit much there.

Nothing wrong with the numbers IMO. Especially when you compare them with WBAs last night, those were a struggle!

Reminded me of an early 2000s kit where we had black number with no panel. Almost impossible to read.

14 Was easy to identify as the c*nt spent the entire evening falling down, play acting that he was injured and waving imaginary cards at the ref.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2020 15:53

Ascotexgunner
Hendo
NewCorkSeth Asking a bit much there.

Nothing wrong with the numbers IMO. Especially when you compare them with WBAs last night, those were a struggle!

Reminded me of an early 2000s kit where we had black number with no panel. Almost impossible to read.

14 Was easy to identify as the c*nt spent the entire evening falling down, play acting that he was injured and waving imaginary cards at the ref.

This is either a nice joke about the numbers not being visible or you're wrong because it was number 12 who was the biggest culprit of this - Costa Pereira.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 13 Feb 2020 15:56

On the subject of attendance, it has to be pointed out that the club don't help themselves when it comes to ticketing.

This season we'll have had 6 matches with midweek mates rates (5 midweek at home and QPR). That's £60 for 4 tickets. You can buy 2x 4 match bundles as a member for £72 each. That totals £204 and you'll have been to 12 games for £17 on average. To buy the other 11 games is another £220, so a total of £424 to buy tickets across the year.

If you miss 2 matches for example due to holiday, family plans whatever else. You can pull that down to £384 at an average of £18.30

A season ticket in the East stand this season was £375 - assume you are likely to miss the 2 games still, and you are saving yourself a tenner across the season.

If you're saving yourself a tenner across the season, what's the incentive to buy a season ticket? The club isn't selling out unless they start doing really well, so likely you'll have your choice of seat. You may miss out on on away game or 2 potentially but that is pretty much it.

Once you have little incentive to buy a season ticket because of this and can start picking and choosing which games you'll attend, you're bound to start missing more out of choice. Part of our current low attendances I think can be attributed to this.

Really feels like we should be looking at sides like Bradford and Huddersfield for how to market season tickets - Bradford is £150 and Huddersfield £249.

Make it cheap, and fill the stands with season ticket holders would be my current solution to our attendances problem. If you sell 15K season tickets rather than 9K and have a 85% rate of attendance rather than 95%, you're gaining a few thousand on the attendance every week straight away.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Feb 2020 16:03

morganb
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal My sense of self importance is insufficient to trigger that request.

I find that hard to believe :wink:

It might be a bit tricky to find 20+ different haircuts but are players allowed to wear wigs (or hats) on the pitch? You'd only need 11 and when someone is subbed off they could swap headgear like when a subbed captain hands over the armband. They could also sell replicas in the club shop.

They could wear coloured bathing caps. Excellent idea

Also they could have little cameras on top so we can see their view of the miss etc

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Feb 2020 16:55

We were shit.

Nuff said.

Except for Araruna is out of his depth at the moment.
Last edited by Millsy on 13 Feb 2020 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Feb 2020 16:58

NewCorkSeth
Forbury Lion
Hendo Nothing wrong with the numbers IMO. Especially when you compare them with WBAs last night, those were a struggle!
+1 At one point I thought two players had the number 3 shirt on, I'm guessing one was an 8 or a 13, Very difficult to read.

I couldn't read the back of HRK's shirt when he was down injured and the camera was literally on a close up of it.
I didn't even realise he was playing for them, that'll explain why BBC Berks were talking about him before the game saying he was having a good season yet he had only scored 1 more than Puscas.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Feb 2020 17:00

Forbury Lion
NewCorkSeth
Forbury Lion +1 At one point I thought two players had the number 3 shirt on, I'm guessing one was an 8 or a 13, Very difficult to read.

I didn't even realise he was playing for them, that'll explain why BBC Berks were talking about him before the game saying he was having a good season yet he had only scored 1 more than Puscas.

Scored the same amount now.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Feb 2020 17:03

Snowball
morganb
NewCorkSeth I find that hard to believe :wink:

It might be a bit tricky to find 20+ different haircuts but are players allowed to wear wigs (or hats) on the pitch? You'd only need 11 and when someone is subbed off they could swap headgear like when a subbed captain hands over the armband. They could also sell replicas in the club shop.

They could wear coloured bathing caps. Excellent idea

Also they could have little cameras on top so we can see their view of the miss etc
You can award them caps for appearances and make them wear them during the game.... or make the players repeatedly call out their numbers like they're playing kabade

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2020 17:08

paultheroyal On reflection - Baldock's cameo coming on was a clear message to Bowen and the team for that matter. This is how you press, this is how you fluster the opposition. Never saw any of that from Puscas whole game.

Yeah, that isn't a strength of his.

165 posts