Ups & Downs 19/20

243 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Ups & Downs 19/20

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Feb 2020 08:59

It's about that time of year I guess

West Ham and Brighton both have a very difficult run of fixtures. West Ham Vs's Villa on the last day could be spectacular.

Watford have enough games against the non big boys to possibly get out of it.

Champ
The 3 teams chasing down Leeds in the championship have all started stumbling. Leeds looked like messing it up but their fixture list is not too bad from now on and they have picked up again recently. they have Fulham to play still. West Brom now 9 points clear, on a good run of form and their fixtures are also not too bad.

Only 6 losses in the last combined 15 games for the bottom 3 teams, while the teams just above are really struggling for points. Bottom 3 are still to play each other too. Looking at the fixtures I reckon Hudds may be the team to fall into the bottom 3

Old Man Andrews

Re: Ups & Downs 19/20

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Feb 2020 09:02

Leeds are looking dominant. Nothing can really stop them getting promoted now.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Feb 2020 09:12

Think Bournemouth could drop this year and if they do I can see them dropping again into L1, especially as they will likely lose a lot of their key players.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Feb 2020 09:15

Bottom 3 in League 1 are just abysmal and I expect no change there. 13 losses in the last 15. Still hope Southend finish below Bolton for the lolz. Southend have conceded 82 (EIGHTY TWO) goals!!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Feb 2020 09:18

race for promotion in League 1 is the exciting one for me. Close enough that they are swapping around week after week. Teams that were dominant now throwing it away (I am looking at you Ipswich) and teams lower down now on a great run (Fleetwood)

Hope Coventry go up. Have money on Posh going up. Play offs should be great no matter who makes it

Fleetwood have a very tough run of fixtures coming up

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Feb 2020 09:20

Winston Biscuit Bottom 3 in League 1 are just abysmal and I expect no change there. 13 losses in the last 15. Still hope Southend finish below Bolton for the lolz. Southend have conceded 82 (EIGHTY TWO) goals!!

That is pretty shocking. I think Southend will finish bottom, they would be bottom by a fair distance had Bolton not had their 12 point deduction.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Feb 2020 09:35

Hendo
Winston Biscuit Bottom 3 in League 1 are just abysmal and I expect no change there. 13 losses in the last 15. Still hope Southend finish below Bolton for the lolz. Southend have conceded 82 (EIGHTY TWO) goals!!

That is pretty shocking. I think Southend will finish bottom, they would be bottom by a fair distance had Bolton not had their 12 point deduction.

if they weren't docked points they would be on 23 points, level with Tranmere, with games in hand. Reckon they would still believe they could do it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Feb 2020 09:38

Winston Biscuit
Hendo

if they weren't docked points they would be on 23 points, level with Tranmere, with games in hand. Reckon they would still believe they could do it.

Yep, Rochdale and Wimbledon would 100% be in their sights. Although they have still conceded 62 goals this season, which itself is pretty poor.

Tight at the top of League 2 as well with only 4 points separating the top 4. Good for SW Football as well with both Exeter and Plymouth both up there.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Feb 2020 09:43

Just looked back around 10 years of football league tables and no one has conceded 100 goals in that time. 1 or 2 came pretty close.

Southend's goals conceded number at the end of the season is going to be quite something

11 games left to play and 7 of them are against current top 10 sides
Last edited by Winston Biscuit on 25 Feb 2020 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Feb 2020 09:47

Winston Biscuit Just looked back around 10 years of football league tables and no one has conceded 100 goals in that time. 1 or 2 came pretty close.

Southend's goals conceded number at the end of the season is going to be quite something

On course for 109 :)

One hundred and nine, one hundred and nine, we've got the record, one hundred and nine!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Feb 2020 13:37

Winston Biscuit race for promotion in League 1 is the exciting one for me. Close enough that they are swapping around week after week. Teams that were dominant now throwing it away (I am looking at you Ipswich) and teams lower down now on a great run (Fleetwood)

Hope Coventry go up. Have money on Posh going up. Play offs should be great no matter who makes it

Looks like that Rotherham will be back but would much prefer clubs that haven’t been around div 2 level for a while (or not at all) like Peterborough, Fleetwood, Wycombe etc.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Feb 2020 13:52

Sutekh
Winston Biscuit race for promotion in League 1 is the exciting one for me. Close enough that they are swapping around week after week. Teams that were dominant now throwing it away (I am looking at you Ipswich) and teams lower down now on a great run (Fleetwood)

Looks like that Rotherham will be back but would much prefer clubs that haven’t been around div 2 level for a while (or not at all) like Peterborough, Fleetwood, Wycombe etc.

Rotherham should be banned from any promotion to the Championship. Literally sick of seeing them in the division. The very definition of a yoyo club.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Feb 2020 14:20

I kept hearing suggestions that Oxford were on the way up but when I caught a glimpse of the League 1 table it seems they're in 9th(?)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Feb 2020 14:21

Silver Fox

I kept hearing suggestions that Oxford were on the way up but when I caught a glimpse of the League 1 table it seems they're in 9th(?)

I think they have gone on a run of a bit of poor form which has seen them drop out of the play-offs. I'm not sure how big of a blow it was losing Fosu and Baptiste.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 25 Feb 2020 14:21

Norwich all but down in the Prem, Happy with any of West Ham, Bournemouth, bRIGHTON, Watford to join them!

Can't see West Brom or Leeds throwing this away- Far rather Leeds up then Fulham or Brentford for the awaydays
Think bottom 3 will stay as it is

Would love Wycombe, Fleetwood or Coventry to join us but think Rotherham and Sunderland will nick it

After a great few years of punching above their weight Hungerford look destined for the drop even with only 2 relo places

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Feb 2020 14:23

Is the Maidenhead dream coming to an end? Noticed they were just above the drop after losing to Aldershit at the weekend

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Feb 2020 14:24

Silver Fox

got up to 2nd and were looking very strong, lost their best 2 players, now gone on a terrible run

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 25 Feb 2020 14:27

Silver Fox Is the Maidenhead dream coming to an end? Noticed they were just above the drop after losing to Aldershit at the weekend

Falling into the relegation battle right at the wrong time...

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Feb 2020 17:32

I like 'new' teams, so supporting Harrogate Town (who only reached National League level two years ago) in their promotion push - looks like them or Barrow for the automatic spot.

Could be any of about 12 clubs for the National League playoffs - Boreham Wood (would also be new entrants to the FL) are in third on 55 points, and Woking are 13th just six points behind. :shock: Bromley and Solihull Moors in that play-off picture too.

In the Scottish Championship, good chance that one of Ayr or Arbroath will make the promotion playoffs, albeit you'd fancy Cally Thistle to get the better of them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Feb 2020 19:05

Rea Ding After a great few years of punching above their weight Hungerford look destined for the drop even with only 2 relo places
yup, very sad as they have done remarkably well to stay the course on such a small crowd income. Although two wins and a draw in their last five games suggests that the Houdini act is back on again.

243 posts