MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h) sponsored by the magic of the cup

265 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h) sponsored by the magic of the cup

by South Coast Royal » 02 Mar 2020 15:25

Sutekh Chris Wilder has said that SUFC’s January loanees; Richairo Zivkovic and Panos Retsos will both play some part in the game

Enda Stevens is unlikely to be risked and there are a couple of others likely to not be risked as well

Let's hope Sone Aluko isn't risked.
BTW I didn't realise that he was 31.
What a terrible signing.

I may have said on here previously about Bill Shankly's approach to signing players.
His main point was that anybody could see how good or bad a player is on the pitch but he wanted to know all about the character of the person.
Looking back at Aluko's record he didn't play for Aberdeen because of a 6 month contract dispute, eventually forking out £50,000 and Rangers got him for nothing with Aberdeen getting no fee.
Then in his Rangers days he got a 2 match ban for diving.
Since then we have seen how ineffective he can be ON the pitch and Fulham fans couldn't believe that Reading bought him and paid so much.

£7.5 million down the drain makes him the most expensive bad signing by us ever.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Mar 2020 16:44

Westwood52 Hate to say this,because as a rule referees and linesman,are not up to it,and are killing the game;however I actually think he’s one of the better ones.

It simply isn't true to suggest referees are killing the game. Absolute codswallop.
I'd give you that VAR is having a bad effect but that's down to the way it has been implemented and some deepseated problems with players / managers/ pundits

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Mar 2020 17:46

Westwood52 Hate to say this,because as a rule referees and linesman,are not up to it,and are killing the game;however I actually think he’s one of the better ones.

Tend towards this view without much to back it up. As in Friend is decent. Not refs killing the game.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 02 Mar 2020 18:40

So the yaya / kolo song but with Sam and George is on then?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Mar 2020 18:47

Disappointing to see so many seats not taken up a day before the game. I would hope we would get 18,000 but think it will be more like 15,000.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 19:49

Zip Disappointing to see so many seats not taken up a day before the game. I would hope we would get 18,000 but think it will be more like 15,000.

In the grand scheme thats not a bad attendance. There's a lot of people who have given up on the club, who can really blame them?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Mar 2020 19:54

Old Man Andrews
Zip Disappointing to see so many seats not taken up a day before the game. I would hope we would get 18,000 but think it will be more like 15,000.

In the grand scheme thats not a bad attendance. There's a lot of people who have given up on the club, who can really blame them?

Hopefully we will sell a fair few more between now and tomorrow night. The South Stand will be full. The prices are very good. As you say I suppose it’s not surprising as we have been so poor at home for so long. Looking forward to the game though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 19:58

Zip
Old Man Andrews

Hopefully we will sell a fair few more between now and tomorrow night. The South Stand will be full. The prices are very good. As you say I suppose it’s not surprising as we have been so poor at home for so long. Looking forward to the game though.

Pricing is excellent for it, could get a lot of people turning up last minute.
We have to go for this, what else have we really got to look forward to this season? A loss tomorrow means a really bleak couple of months ahead.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Mar 2020 20:39

There is nothing to go for tomorrow, Reading will not win the FA Cup.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Mar 2020 20:40

Bigtimmeh So the yaya / kolo song but with Sam and George is on then?

No, because their names don't fit :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Mar 2020 20:43

sandman There is nothing to go for tomorrow, Reading will not win the FA Cup.

If Wigan can win it....

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Mar 2020 20:47

Nor can we win the league so why not have a go at getting through to the quarter final and bring a bit of fun and glamour to a season made up mainly of dross.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Mar 2020 21:08

Zip

If Wigan can win it....

They were a Premier League side at the time. It's been 40 years since a team outside the top flight won it and that is not going to change anytime soon.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 21:19

Don't rise to Sandman, he's just a terrible troll. Not worth anyone's time.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 21:56

Doesn't help it's midweek. I understand they had to accommodate the PL winter break in somewhere but traditionally the FA Cup should be played on a weekend (excluding replays). Competition is being further overlooked and diminished

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Mar 2020 22:04

URZZZZ

Doesn't help it's midweek. I understand they had to accommodate the PL winter break in somewhere but traditionally the FA Cup should be played on a weekend (excluding replays). Competition is being further overlooked and diminished

Agreed.

JR

by JR » 02 Mar 2020 23:43

URZZZZ

I actually think that it is brilliant that it is a one-off game to be played under the lights.

Definitely looking forward to it more than had it been a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday.

Noted that it’s not great for those who bring their youngsters to the games, but for those of us looking to leave the office, grab a few drinks and soak up the atmosphere and excitement, it’s fab.

Plus, superb pricing once again for the club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Mar 2020 07:42

JR
URZZZZ

I actually think that it is brilliant that it is a one-off game to be played under the lights.

Definitely looking forward to it more than had it been a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday.

Noted that it’s not great for those who bring their youngsters to the games, but for those of us looking to leave the office, grab a few drinks and soak up the atmosphere and excitement, it’s fab.

Plus, superb pricing once again for the club.

Would agree with this. Hope Bowen goes with his strongest possible side, anything less than that and we have zero chance. If he firmly believes we aren't in a relegation fight then there is no reason to rest players for the league, the league isn't the priority.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2020 08:36

URZZZZ

Agree with this, had it been on a weekend, I would've 100% gone. I do like thee idea of big cup games being under floodlights as it seems adds something a bit extra.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Mar 2020 08:37

Zip
URZZZZ

Agreed.

Don’t understand why they didn’t just schedule the round for 29th Feb and schedule any league postponements due to cup involvement to this midweek.

265 posts