251 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: ifollow

by leon » 20 Jun 2020 16:05

Zip
leon
Zip
On the home page it should say listen or watch live. There should be some kind of speaker button. It’s not obvious I’m afraid.

Had to resign in and found it very odd

Are you not in? Had you registered and did you have a code to input?

I’m in.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jun 2020 16:08

and is mrs leon satisfied?

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 20 Jun 2020 17:03

The Royal Forester
Hound can you view your ifollow account on multiple devices?

Trying to work out whether I need to register my kids with ifollow as well (they have season tickets)

It is only allowed on one device, in "normal" times, so you will have to register separately if the rules are the still the same. Unless, of course you can all watch one screen.

Yep, need to check the same. So far it’s only working on one iPad, with sound drop outs. Two STs in household.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jun 2020 18:01

10539.4 Miles Away Surprise surprise ifollow has died.

For all of us who are long time users of this tinpot over priced crap this is as inevitable as a Boris uturn. Twats.

You understate the issue. It's as inevitable as a Boris lie!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jun 2020 18:02

Hound
East Grinstead Royal RFC official site shrugs its shoulders and advises people to contact iFollow, which I have done. Not even had an automated reply, I'm thinking their email server may have crashed as well!

Yeah it’s ifollows server nothing to do with reading

Really poor effort from them

Exactly. The club is pretty much blameless on this one, apart from the fact that they and all the other clubs should be pressuring the EFL to get shot of iFollow.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jun 2020 18:06

Snowball
sandman I assume having taken up their code we can't now get the refund that was on offer.

I had "proofed" my membership and got in yesterday
but can't get in with Safari, Firefox or Chrome

I will NOT be happy if they block refunds as above

The club have always offered season ticket holders the option to take both. I doubt they'll retract that generous offer.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 21 Jun 2020 11:01

I missed the first 15 minutes as like so many people I couldn’t log on using Edge.Then. I read somewhere ,try using Crome or Firefox and was immediately successful.A couple of mates said that it was nothing to do with the browser and it was just everyone was connected after 15 minutes.Dont know if that’s true.
Made me realise how off kilter Dim Tellers commentary is.A couple of times Stoke were really pressing and he was prattling on about the crowd noise or something.Would consider paying a tenner a game next season for the away games.Maybe that’s the future.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2020 12:47

Westwood52 I missed the first 15 minutes as like so many people I couldn’t log on using Edge.Then. I read somewhere ,try using Crome or Firefox and was immediately successful.A couple of mates said that it was nothing to do with the browser and it was just everyone was connected after 15 minutes.Dont know if that’s true.
Made me realise how off kilter Dim Tellers commentary is.A couple of times Stoke were really pressing and he was prattling on about the crowd noise or something.Would consider paying a tenner a game next season for the away games.Maybe that’s the future.

The browser issues were unrelated. The whole thing went down nationally for the first 10 minutes or so. Then people started to get through.

Different people had different success with different browsers. Chrome wouldn't work at all for me. But Firefox fine. Other people it's fine on Chrome.

There was some suggestion the browser issues were to do with cache, cookies and flash or pop-up settings, but I checked all that and still got nowhere on Chrome. But that's nothing new, I've not been able to sign in on Chrome at any point, ever.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 Jun 2020 13:02

Snowflake Royal
Westwood52 I missed the first 15 minutes as like so many people I couldn’t log on using Edge.Then. I read somewhere ,try using Crome or Firefox and was immediately successful.A couple of mates said that it was nothing to do with the browser and it was just everyone was connected after 15 minutes.Dont know if that’s true.

The browser issues were unrelated. The whole thing went down nationally for the first 10 minutes or so. Then people started to get through.

Different people had different success with different browsers. Chrome wouldn't work at all for me. But Firefox fine. Other people it's fine on Chrome.

There was some suggestion the browser issues were to do with cache, cookies and flash or pop-up settings, but I checked all that and still got nowhere on Chrome. But that's nothing new, I've not been able to sign in on Chrome at any point, ever.

Me also - trying to get it on chrome was impossible.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jun 2020 14:05

Snowflake Royal

Agreed. iFollow appears to be browser agnostic when it comes to messing around its users! I have got it working (after quite a bit of effort) on both Chrome and Edge. In my case Edge just appears to have the edge (pun intended) when it comes to experiencing fewer problems.

To be fair, picture quality and coverage on iFollow was pretty impressive. It's just their infrastructure that is utter crap!

I don't really want to shoot myself in the foot when it comes to future broadcasts but logging on early did seem to be the way to ensure success yesterday!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jun 2020 14:09

Westwood52 I missed the first 15 minutes as like so many people I couldn’t log on using Edge.Then. I read somewhere ,try using Crome or Firefox and was immediately successful.A couple of mates said that it was nothing to do with the browser and it was just everyone was connected after 15 minutes. Dont know if that’s true.

Yep, Dellor was moaning that the recorded crowd noise was just a drone and was irritating him - no thought as to whether it might be working OK for his listeners. He even wasted questions in the post match interview asking Bowen & Swift what they thought of the 'droning crowd noise'.

He said he raised the issue with the club at half-time but fair play they put him firmly in his place and told him it was continuing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2020 16:03

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal

Agreed. iFollow appears to be browser agnostic when it comes to messing around its users! I have got it working (after quite a bit of effort) on both Chrome and Edge. In my case Edge just appears to have the edge (pun intended) when it comes to experiencing fewer problems.

To be fair, picture quality and coverage on iFollow was pretty impressive. It's just their infrastructure that is utter crap!

I don't really want to shoot myself in the foot when it comes to future broadcasts but logging on early did seem to be the way to ensure success yesterday!

Logging on early didn't help me.

Once the picture was there, agree the service quality was fine.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2020 16:04

RoyalBlue
Westwood52 I missed the first 15 minutes as like so many people I couldn’t log on using Edge.Then. I read somewhere ,try using Crome or Firefox and was immediately successful.A couple of mates said that it was nothing to do with the browser and it was just everyone was connected after 15 minutes. Dont know if that’s true.

Yep, Dellor was moaning that the recorded crowd noise was just a drone and was irritating him - no thought as to whether it might be working OK for his listeners. He even wasted questions in the post match interview asking Bowen & Swift what they thought of the 'droning crowd noise'.

He said he raised the issue with the club at half-time but fair play they put him firmly in his place and told him it was continuing.

Yeah, I caught that too. Pretty breathtaking arrogance on his part to think it was his place to get them to turn it off just because he didn't like it.

He really is shit.

Needle

by Needle » 21 Jun 2020 20:51

It was much better that the red button coverage.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 22 Jun 2020 04:59

I can not state how happy I am that more people have now been subjected to:

a) the poor service that ifollow is, streets ahead of where it was previously with one fixed camera and no commentary / out of sync commentary, not to mention the regular booting off as "you are logged in on another device" when you clearly weren't. HOWEVER as an exile its bloody great to be able to watch, just wish the club would hold them to a higher standard. Also, the half time Ads / logos (eg Just Eat) appearing during the game are new, I would hope the club is getting some kind of kick back for them.

b) the poor quality of Dellors commentary, believe it or not Saturday was one of his better game as he had something to moan about (the crowd noise) rather than singling out our players for criticism. Genuinely believe this 9 game run will not cast him in a good light, imagine if you only had the commentary to listen to without the pictures, you'd believe you were watching a completely different match.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Jun 2020 12:09

Blimey i`m connected with picture and Radio Berks nattering away :D

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 27 Jun 2020 13:07

Hope the camera work improves.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Jun 2020 13:07

Keeps buffering for me. Lowered the picture quality but still doing it.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 27 Jun 2020 13:19

Dellor is dross, any chance of him getting the players’ names correct?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jun 2020 19:05

URZZZZZZZZ Dellor is dross, any chance of him getting the players’ names correct?

Because Moore and Richards look almost identical to each other; likewise Olise and Ejaria - NOT!

And Mick Gooding still talks about Hosé Gomes!

251 posts