Season 20/21

928 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Season 20/21

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 10:34

Hound fixtures out tomorrow then

Feels very low key this year. Apparently looking at maybe 30% capacity by October but not holding my breath.

Going to watch on iFollow this season I reckon, really can't be bothered to go back and haven't missed it massively. I'll be playing Saturday afternoon and midweek a fair bit this season so buying one off games on iFollow is the only real option, even if it wasn't I would still do it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2020 10:51

Old Man Andrews

Feels very low key this year. Apparently looking at maybe 30% capacity by October but not holding my breath.

Going to watch on iFollow this season I reckon, really can't be bothered to go back and haven't missed it massively. I'll be playing Saturday afternoon and midweek a fair bit this season so buying one off games on iFollow is the only real option, even if it wasn't I would still do it.

+1

Have absolutely no desire to go to games at quarter capacity where you can't chant or sing. I know we're more used to it than most, but I still think I'll pass. :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Aug 2020 11:07

Would much rather go to games with reduced capacity than partake in the deeply unrewarding experience that is ifollow
Presumably it will be STH only so that means I’ll be in for a ST (unless they do something daft with the prices).

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2020 11:22

Stranded Colchester at Home will be the first game of the season following the League Cup draw.

Confirmed for 3pm on Sat 5 Sept

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2020 11:23

West Ham on Tuesday 1st September in a behind closed doors pre-season friendly.

Set to start at 4pm.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2020 11:43

Nameless Would much rather go to games with reduced capacity than partake in the deeply unrewarding experience that is ifollow
Presumably it will be STH only so that means I’ll be in for a ST (unless they do something daft with the prices).

yeah I'ma bit undecided. certainly not committing to anything yet, but agree I didnt really get on with ifollow. That might be partly because we were playing for nothing with half the squad about to leave mind you

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2020 11:49

Hendo West Ham on Tuesday 1st September in a behind closed doors pre-season friendly.

Set to start at 4pm.

Forget bubbles, I will be blowing myself in anticipation for this one.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Aug 2020 12:06

Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal
Hendo Reading will host Gillingham in a pre-season friendly on Saturday. Behind closed doors. KO 1.30pm. Going to be streamed on Youtube or Facebook.

I’d love to get a breakdown of the viewing figures for that

I'll probably watch if I remember.

May even notice the live viewers number and post it for you

Thanks m8

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Aug 2020 12:09

Nameless Would much rather go to games with reduced capacity than partake in the deeply unrewarding experience that is ifollow

Agree with that, sure the atmosphere won’t be great but I’d rather be there in person than watch ifollow.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Aug 2020 12:25

Holding off on ST renewal. Not interested if it means I can only watch on iFollow. May look to get a half ST if they became available later in the season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Aug 2020 12:45

I love iFollow.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 Aug 2020 12:47

You might have to hold your breath for 90 minutes+ if you get to go. :wink:

The longer this goes on, the longer some fans will question whether they really miss dreary Championship football-it is IMHO very much a habit and habits can change even for those of us who have been regulars for so many years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2020 13:28

South Coast Royal

The longer this goes on, the longer some fans will question whether they really miss dreary Championship football-it is IMHO very much a habit and habits can change even for those of us who have been regulars for so many years.

yeah indeed. I liked the whole experience of the bus down, the beer beforehand and the chat prior to the game. If thats gone, I'm not sure it'll be the same. I'd still like to go to the odd game though. Maybe once the season starts, the enthusiasm will come back a bit more

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2020 13:43

Zip Holding off on ST renewal. Not interested if it means I can only watch on iFollow. May look to get a half ST if they became available later in the season.

There won’t be any proper season tickets this season as the first month (at least) is going to be behind closed doors. However there presumably will be various deals worked out once what clubs know what capacities they will be allowed to work with through the season. Reckon there could be many fans, esp. given Reading’s 3 years of dreadful home form, that will opt for the ifollow option at least for the first half of the season and then review it in the new year.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Aug 2020 13:55

Hound
South Coast Royal

yeah indeed. I liked the whole experience of the bus down, the beer beforehand and the chat prior to the game. If thats gone, I'm not sure it'll be the same. I'd still like to go to the odd game though. Maybe once the season starts, the enthusiasm will come back a bit more

I think it will. I agree re the changing habits and that will be true for some but I think once the seasons starts most will get back into it. It’s not just the covids that have meant RFC fans have lost enthusiasm, three turgid seasons haven’t helped

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Aug 2020 14:17

Sutekh
Zip Holding off on ST renewal. Not interested if it means I can only watch on iFollow. May look to get a half ST if they became available later in the season.

There won’t be any proper season tickets this season as the first month (at least) is going to be behind closed doors. However there presumably will be various deals worked out once what clubs know what capacities they will be allowed to work with through the season. Reckon there could be many fans, esp. given Reading’s 3 years of dreadful home form, that will opt for the ifollow option at least for the first half of the season and then review it in the new year.

Personally iFollow isn’t for me but you may well be right about fans taking this option.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Aug 2020 14:21

Hound
South Coast Royal

It’s the whole experience for me too which I just will not get watching on iFollow.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Aug 2020 15:17

I suspect OMA likes ifollow just for the commentary

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Aug 2020 16:05

Pepe the Horseman I love iFollow.

Given all the hassle and cost in getting to games, and how shit they are once you get there most the time, I'm coming round to it as better than going.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Aug 2020 16:11

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman I love iFollow.

Given all the hassle and cost in getting to games, and how shit they are once you get there most the time, I'm coming round to it as better than going.

It’s a very poor second best surely ?
Ok, if you live a long way away it’s a compromise but if we are allowed back in I personally would feel almost ashamed to watch the games on ifollow. If I didn’t go in person Ican’t see a situation I’d watch them. I’ve been going to games for a huge percentage of my life and it’s live football or nothing, as it always has been .

928 posts