MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (h) sponsored by a James Harper debut

346 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (h) sponsored by a James Harper debut

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2020 14:13

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal I would not break up Laurent Rino unless we have to and I don’t think we do, I also would not want to start Semedo - doesn’t offer much for defensive stability.

Harsh on Semedo considering he won 4 aerial duels and 2 tackles. Though he pressed really well. Perhaps Aluko would be better suited to the deeper role however? Has done very well defensively.

Get out. Now.

:lol:

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 22 Oct 2020 22:15

Fair to say that in the last couple Ejaria and Olise haven’t been their spectacular selves really?

Although should he start, I really do think we’re going to see some magic from the young lad Esteves On Saturday.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Oct 2020 22:28

royalp-we Fair to say that in the last couple Ejaria and Olise haven’t been their spectacular selves really?

Although should he start, I really do think we’re going to see some magic from the young lad Esteves On Saturday.

Esteves could turn out to be a good signing.

No one was spectacular in the last game!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Oct 2020 22:43

royalp-we Fair to say that in the last couple Ejaria and Olise haven’t been their spectacular selves really?

I actually think Meite has been the most disappointing.

Olise has been pretty good imho, getting a lot more shots away than before and his delivery is generally very good. Overall Ejaria has been decent too tbf it’s just because he is pretty much involved in everything going forward you’re going to see more mistakes etc. Certainly my biggest gripe at the moment is him slowing play down and trying to beat someone 27 times but he’s kind of always been liked that to an extent.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2020 23:16

I'm tempted by switching Olise and Ejaria again... I think they did it for Meite's first game back.

Olise is pretty good at running it forward, and there's a bit more room out wide. There's a bit less space to attack with teams packing midfield. Ejaria plays in tight little spaces anyway, and he'll rarely get his head down and run forward, or whip in a first time ball.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Oct 2020 06:37

I hate Rotherham, as a place and as a football team. They are like a Btec Stoke city but I just wish they would oxf*rd off out of our league for more then 1 season. I'm pissed off they beat Shrewsbury to the play off final a few years ago still.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2020 08:18

CountryRoyal

Olise has been pretty good imho, getting a lot more shots away than before and his delivery is generally very good. Overall Ejaria has been decent too tbf it’s just because he is pretty much involved in everything going forward you’re going to see more mistakes etc. Certainly my biggest gripe at the moment is him slowing play down and trying to beat someone 27 times but he’s kind of always been liked that to an extent.

Must agree on Olise. Has looked fine. Only way he is disappointing is that he started the season in blistering form.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Oct 2020 10:26

Snowflake Royal I'm tempted by switching Olise and Ejaria again... I think they did it for Meite's first game back.

Olise is pretty good at running it forward, and there's a bit more room out wide. There's a bit less space to attack with teams packing midfield. Ejaria plays in tight little spaces anyway, and he'll rarely get his head down and run forward, or whip in a first time ball.

Agree with this. It would make more sense for me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2020 10:55

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal I'm tempted by switching Olise and Ejaria again... I think they did it for Meite's first game back.

Agree with this. It would make more sense for me.

The fact that it makes so much sense yet we haven't really seen it happen is the puzzle. He even swapped Meite into the middle ahead of Ejaria during one game.

I wonder if it is to do with dominant feet? Right footed Ejaria on the left and left footed Olise and Meite on the right? Our wide forwards do tend to cut in rather than stay out wide so maybe it is deliberate from Pauno?

I have to say though, Olise is giving Meite a real challenge to start on the right hand side. He has looked very good in the wide position. Swift, despite looking poor again in the advanced role, coming back will probably provide us with the answer and I expect to see Semedo challenging for Ejarias spot at some point.

AMR - Meite/Olise
AMC - Swift/Olise/Semedo
AML - Ejaria/Semedo

Good to have competition eh? Also Aluko is clearly backup for all of those positions too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2020 12:56

I have a feeling Meite wanders in field whether asked or not because he wants to be No. 9.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Oct 2020 13:41

I’d be starting Aluko on the left, Ejaria in the middle and Olise on the right to be honest. Real shame John swift is out as we’ve certainly been missing him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2020 16:37

TiagoIlori I’d be starting Aluko on the left, Ejaria in the middle and Olise on the right to be honest. Real shame John swift is out as we’ve certainly been missing him.

16 points suggests not.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 Oct 2020 16:43

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Must agree on Olise. Has looked fine. Only way he is disappointing is that he started the season in blistering form.

Don’t get me wrong they’ve looked good; just not spectacular. There’s no hiding the fact we needed to create more against both Boro and Wycombe; with the only goal being scored courtesy of a long ball from Liam Moore.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Oct 2020 16:54

I think some here are being a bit harsh on Ejaria.

Last game he had a peach of a cross that would have
been a goal 9/10 times. Still don't know how Meite missed it.

He had a decent shot just wide (two similar in the previous game and will score a few this year)

and he had a lovely move which would have put him 1 on 1 if Meite hadn't got in his way.

He was more than p!ssed immediately after.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Oct 2020 16:57

royalp-we
Don’t get me wrong they’ve looked good; just not spectacular. There’s no hiding the fact we needed to create more against both Boro and Wycombe; with the only goal being scored courtesy of a long ball from Liam Moore.

Not really fair. Meite had about a good a chance as a striker gets.

his fault we didn't score, not the midfield's

He also screwed up Ejaria's nice interchange that would have put Ej through on goal

We scored one, really should have had two, ought to have had a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2020 18:44

Snowflake Royal
TiagoIlori I’d be starting Aluko on the left, Ejaria in the middle and Olise on the right to be honest. Real shame John swift is out as we’ve certainly been missing him.

16 points suggests not.

Well he played in 6 of those points didn’t he?

Wouldn’t say we’ve massively missed him but looking forward to having him available again. Would be a nice option and a pretty different player to Aluko/Olise/Ovie

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Oct 2020 19:57

Snowflake Royal

16 points suggests not.

Yet in all of our last four games we’ve struggled to create many chances. If Joao was injured(which is relevant because he’s made out of glass) the table would be looking very very different.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Oct 2020 20:11

Snowflake Royal

16 points suggests not.

:lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Oct 2020 21:01

skipper
CountryRoyal Rotherham nailed on to win this one.

I'm more concerned about free-scoring Blackburn tbh.

They're not that good. Three quarters of their goals have come in 2 games against Wycombe and Derby. They have 1 goal and 1 point from their last 3 games.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Oct 2020 21:07

TiagoIlori
Snowflake Royal

16 points suggests not.

Yet in all of our last four games we’ve struggled to create many chances. If Joao was injured(which is relevant because he’s made out of glass) the table would be looking very very different.

But been defensively sound. A good platform to build on. Over the past few seasons we've conceded far too many soft goals.

346 posts