BFTT Bournemouth

107 posts
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFTT Bournemouth

by Westwood52 » 21 Nov 2020 15:46

So good 1st half,so bad 2nd half.Are we fit enough?Its going to take some doing to get out of this rut.Bournemouth attacked our RH side constantly 1st half,and Estevez just about stood up to it;then he and Alukho fell apart.

IMHO

Rafael 4 Poor kicking throughout,a couple of good saves;then the horror show completely finished us of.Normally he would now be dropped to get the message across.But we have no back up.

Estevez 5 Great 1st half,then horribly exposed 2nd half.
Richards 7 Kept going under extreme pressure,probably our best player.
Moore 5 Looked very rusty.That missed cross killed us.
Morrison 6 Did ok.Prob could have done better on the 1st.
Rino 7 Just ran out of puff,as he was trying to block so many holes.
Laurent 6 Did ok.Just couldn’t cover all the holes,when we were so stressed.
Semedo 3 Apart from getting the pen,his lack of agility became very obvious and was a passenger throughout.Missed an easy header.
Ejaria 5 Usual Hollywood.Lost the ball far too often.
Jao 7 If the ball is near him,he is very effective.
Alukho 3 After a marvellous goal,his lack of discipline on the cover killed us.

Olise He played like he was in the school playground and you have to be more focussed.That free kick was dreadful.
Baldock Less said.
Meite Too late to do anything.
Holmes Without Yids we have a huge problem on our right side and only one LB.Just not up to this level.

Ref Better 2nd half,after a lot of mistakes 1st half.

Old Man Andrews

Re: BFTT Bournemouth

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2020 15:52

Hard to disagree with the ratings other than Semedo. He was bright in the first half, he did well.

Sadly yet again you're talking complete rubbish.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 15:54

I would give Joao at very best a 5. His attitude in the second half was appalling. He made a token effort at closing their players down. A couple of good defensive headers though.

I just don’t get what Semedo offers. Great feet early on but otherwise he was poor.
As for back up to Rafael you can’t just dismiss Southwood. He may be given a chance sooner rather than later.
Can’t be arsed to post player ratings. Richards my MoTM.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Nov 2020 15:55

We are in freefall. Paula out and carbal out!

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 21 Nov 2020 15:59

Aluko was the pick out of our front 4, should start again vs Millwall and I don't really think he was at fault for either of their first 2 goals. Joao was good, but didn't work hard enough for me.

Simply have to cut out the errors and lapses in concentration at the back.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Nov 2020 16:05

I’m not having Esteves.

And Joao walking around... i don’t care how many goals he scores, if he’s not prepared to put in the hard yards for the team he can fcuk right off as far as I’m concerned.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 16:06

Cut out the errors and we’ve a decent side. Easier said than done of course

Motm Richards who was excellent

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 21 Nov 2020 16:27

For a team at the top the league to capitulate like that after being two nil up is both pathetic and embarrassing, woeful

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Nov 2020 16:29

January cannot come soon enough. Need some experienced grafters in the team. Too many passengers for this level.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Nov 2020 16:30

Gunny Fishcake For a team at the top the league to capitulate like that after being two nil up is both pathetic and embarrassing, woeful

Wasn't as if the performances were great though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 16:32

Embarrassing doesn`t even come close, look at the 13 goals in the last 4 games , how many were clangers from either defence or keeper? obviously you can`t do sod all against a class goal. but christ so many errors. we need to sort it out or Pauno could be coming under some pressure from upstairs.

SnowballRG19

by SnowballRG19 » 21 Nov 2020 16:35

test

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 16:39

Cabral - 5 basically giving away a goal a game at the moment. oxf*rd terrible form
Esteves - 4 Morrison spends half the game shouting at him. He's got talent but it's like no one has ever taught him how to play RB. Positionally awful.
Richards - 6 don't remember much wrong
Morrison - 6 don't think he got much wrong
Moore - 6 ditto
Rino - 6 solid game
Laurent - 8 thought that was the best I've seen him
Aluko - 5 scored but was otherwise atrocious and for an experienced pro did oxf*rd all to help Esteves
Semedo - 6 starts brightly but goes completely missing second half regularly
Ejaria - 6 quiet game apart from creating the goal

Holmes - 6 he can defend unlike Esteves
Olise - 6 superior to Aluko in every way
Meite - 6 so close to scoring
Baldock - 5 not really his circumstances.

Paunovic - poor. Sent them out second half and let them give away the initiative then did nothing about it in time.

Bournemouth - quality

Ref - thought he was tolerable and dropped no clangers. Feel like he should have pulled back that advantage, but we spaffed it up the wall ourselves, so I can see why he didn't.

Bournemouth were very good, but we still failed to take some chances. Even at 2-2 or 3-2 we probably should have taken one of our opportunities. Instead we suicided yet again.

Four goals in a half you start by leading 2-0 is simply unacceptable.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 16:43

urz13 Aluko was the pick out of our front 4, should start again vs Millwall and I don't really think he was at fault for either of their first 2 goals. Joao was good, but didn't work hard enough for me.

Simply have to cut out the errors and lapses in concentration at the back.

Hi Sone!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 16:45

Snowflake Royal Cabral - 5 basically giving away a goal a game at the moment. oxf*rd terrible form
Esteves - 4 Morrison spends half the game shouting at him. He's got talent but it's like no one has ever taught him how to play RB. Positionally awful.
Moore - 6 ditto
Rino - 6 solid game
Aluko - 5 scored but was otherwise atrocious and for an experienced pro did oxf*rd all to help Esteves

Paunovic - poor. Sent them out second half and let them give away the initiative then did nothing about it in time.

Bournemouth - quality

Ref - thought he was tolerable and dropped no clangers. Feel like he should have pulled back that advantage, but we spaffed it up the wall ourselves, so I can see why he didn't.

Bournemouth were very good, but we still failed to take some chances. Even at 2-2 or 3-2 we probably should have taken one of our opportunities. Instead we suicided yet again.

No wonder we lost, we only had 10 men.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 16:47

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal Cabral - 5 basically giving away a goal a game at the moment. oxf*rd terrible form
Moore - 6 ditto
Rino - 6 solid game

Bournemouth - quality

No wonder we lost, we only had 10 men.

Oh yeah. Joao did so little second half I forgot he played.

Joao - 6 gives up completely when we're in trouble and the ball isn't coming to him. Like many of our starters was crying out to be subbed.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Nov 2020 16:52

To be honest I didn't even think we played that great in the first half. We were sloppy and gave the ball away many times. The performance looked good because we scored our only 2 chances and Bournemouth were pretty poor and couldn't get behind us first half. In all honesty, Bournemouth upped the tempo after half time and we were blown away. 3 of the goals were easily avoidable.

Paunovic needs to sort this out. A few more defeats in the next 3-4 and his position has to be under pressure. We need to go back to basics, I'd happily park the bus at Millwall and go for a 0-0 if it drops the rot.

Rafael should now be dropped. Bring Southwood in vs Millwall. Rafael needs a kick up the ass.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 21 Nov 2020 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 21 Nov 2020 16:53

Hound Cut out the errors and we’ve a decent side. Easier said than done of course

Agreed.

This has the makings of a decent playoff side, with an outside chance of a top 2 finish.

Big improvements on last season, onwards and upwards. The luck of the first 9 games is being paid off with bad luck now. Overall it’s a talented hard working side who will provide us with some entertaining and probably successful football this season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 16:58

From being top and seven points clear we are now sixth.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Nov 2020 17:02

St Pauli
Hound Cut out the errors and we’ve a decent side. Easier said than done of course

Agreed.

This has the makings of a decent playoff side, with an outside chance of a top 2 finish.

Big improvements on last season, onwards and upwards. The luck of the first 9 games is being paid off with bad luck now. Overall it’s a talented hard working side who will provide us with some entertaining and probably successful football this season.

Agree - I think we are miles better than last season...we've conceded late goals chasing games too which happens.

They were quality second half and would blown most of the league away...

107 posts