Rival Watch

17303 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Apr 2021 21:02

Internet points to both of you, you are of course bang on! :)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Apr 2021 21:12

Snowflake Royal The good news is we don't often bottle getting into the POs...

Adkins springs to mind... other than that McDermott was a long shot, and I think Coppell's two were more failed pushes than bottle jobs where we fell out.

And more often than not, if we make it in we make it to Wembley.

Where we lose. Always.

04/05 was a definite bottle job. We were 2nd on Boxing Day.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Apr 2021 21:26

WestYorksRoyal

Adkins springs to mind... other than that McDermott was a long shot, and I think Coppell's two were more failed pushes than bottle jobs where we fell out.

Where we lose. Always.

I'll take 2 vs 6

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Apr 2021 22:41

skipper What has happened to Blackburn? I just realised where they are in the table. Did Armstrong leave or something else that I missed?

Nothing, they were always a bit shit but they got 3 thumping wins in their first 7 games against Derby, Wycombe and Coventry (they had an extra man for 80 minutes against Wycombe) and the media pissed their collective knickers over "free scoring Blackburn".

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Apr 2021 09:17

From Despair To Where?
skipper What has happened to Blackburn? I just realised where they are in the table. Did Armstrong leave or something else that I missed?

Nothing, they were always a bit shit but they got 3 thumping wins in their first 7 games against Derby, Wycombe and Coventry (they had an extra man for 80 minutes against Wycombe) and the media pissed their collective knickers over "free scoring Blackburn".

Yep this.

Just 7 points in the last 12 games as the goals have totally dried up - 42 in the first 28 games, just 8 over the last 12 - and half of those came in the games v Watford and Millwall.

Probably lucky their slide didn't start a little earlier as they should be fine - though if Rotherham win some games in hand they may get nervous.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Apr 2021 09:30

Rotherham look fcuked. Their last Covid enforced break absolutely killed their momentum and they've now got to play 10 games in 4 weeks. Continue their form since coming back over those 10 games and they'll struggle to reach Birmingham's current total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Apr 2021 09:50

From Despair To Where? Rotherham look fcuked. Their last Covid enforced break absolutely killed their momentum and they've now got to play 10 games in 4 weeks. Continue their form since coming back over those 10 games and they'll struggle to reach Birmingham's current total.

Yep they have 6 games in 14 days from Saturday.

They are playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, Weds, Saturday.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Apr 2021 09:56

Stranded
From Despair To Where? Rotherham look fcuked. Their last Covid enforced break absolutely killed their momentum and they've now got to play 10 games in 4 weeks. Continue their form since coming back over those 10 games and they'll struggle to reach Birmingham's current total.

Yep they have 6 games in 14 days from Saturday.

They are playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, Weds, Saturday.

OUCH!

Mind you back in my Sunday Football days

We had to play AM and PM Sat and Sun one weekend to catch up after snow and ice.

I'm STILL sore decades later

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Apr 2021 10:37

Yes agreed. They were doing ok at one stage. Ten games in four weeks is a killer for them

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Apr 2021 12:54

Yep Cov and Brum look to have a decent advantage at this stage

Rotherham yo yoing back down as per usual from the look of it

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Apr 2021 15:38

WestYorksRoyal

Where we lose. Always.

But it was quite deliberate otherwise we’d never had the 106 season 8)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Apr 2021 20:47

Zip

Yes agreed. They were doing ok at one stage. Ten games in four weeks is a killer for them

No disrespect to them but I really hope they go down and stay down, such a boring yo-yo club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Apr 2021 20:52

Agreed, always dull and add little to the champ

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Apr 2021 20:54

CountryRoyal
Zip

No disrespect to them but I really hope they go down and stay down, such a boring yo-yo club.

I’d like to see them stay up if it meant Derby went down.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Apr 2021 21:09

Zip
CountryRoyal
Zip

I’d like to see them stay up if it meant Derby went down.

Oh yeah of course, that goes without saying.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Apr 2021 09:29

CountryRoyal

Hound

Bet you'd be unimpressed if Premier league clubs said the same about Reading, if we got promoted.

I like clubs who think they're too big to go down, to go down. Or have clearly cheated FFP etc. Or local rivals because of bragging rights.

Not clubs I've randomly decided aren't "good" enough to breathe the purer air of the Championship.

oxf*rd elitist snobs.
Last edited by muirinho on 09 Apr 2021 10:02, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Apr 2021 09:43

muirinho
CountryRoyal

Hendo

Bet you'd be unimpressed if Premier league clubs said the same about Reading, if we got promoted.

I like clubs who think they're too big to go down, to go down. Or have clearly cheated FFP etc. Or local rivals because of bragging rights.

Not clubs I've randomly decided aren't "good" enough to breathe the purer air of the Championship.

oxf*rd elitist snobs.

Think you’ve quoted the wrong guy there, champ.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Apr 2021 10:02

Hendo
muirinho
CountryRoyal

Hendo

oxf*rd elitist snobs.

Think you’ve quoted the wrong guy there, champ.

Apologies!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Apr 2021 10:29

muirinho
CountryRoyal

Hound

oxf*rd elitist snobs.

Rotherham show no ambition to ever do any more that stay up and fail every time. Waste of a spot in the champ.

More than happy to see the likes of Barnsley, Wycombe come up and give it a go. Just bored sick of Rotherham

No elitist snob rubbish about it. Thats just you trying to make an argument

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Apr 2021 12:29

muirinho
CountryRoyal

Hound

oxf*rd elitist snobs.

Yeah, kinda agree with that.

17303 posts