BFTG - Brizzle

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - Brizzle

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Aug 2021 22:51

Well that was pretty dreadful all in. Their keeper not having to make a single save all game. Surprised he didnt put his back out getting the ball out of the net he had so little to do.

With all our worries about small squad/injuries/youth players, it's crazy its our 'senior' defence that is such shambles. Our midfield and attack isn't too bad, but when you're gifting goals and having to come from behind there just isn't the space

Positives:
Azeez looking good, as did the new bloke

Negatives:
Managerial tactics, creaky defence, Swift playing too deep again, Yiadom getting zero joy from their left back.

Fukk off with this laughable zonal marking

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Brizzle

by windermereROYAL » 17 Aug 2021 22:56

tbf our keeper didn`t have a save to make either for the whole game until injury time.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Aug 2021 23:02

We were out fought by a worse team, they were just more up for it and put in more effort to stop us playing that we could muster to counter them.

Two shambles goals to start, it looked like schoolboy defending, then we get back into it with a brilliant team goal. Queue the half time team talk where yet again we concede immediately from some more woeful defending, and as if to prove he's been utterly shit the whole game, Moore scores a worldy to put us back in the mix for the last 10 mins.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Aug 2021 23:18

Bit weird to say the keeper didn't have anything to do when he let 2 goals in.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Aug 2021 23:25

At least they showed a bit of fight at the end; however somebody didn’t do their homework for the first two goals and I would struggle to nominate anyone for MOM.If we haven’t got a LB in by Saturday,then Rino to RB and Yids LB.TDB looks very comfortable at this level and can easily join Laurent in midfield.The Striker situation is now a major problem however and I doubt we will find anyone available by the end of the month.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Aug 2021 23:36

Lost it in the first 10/15 of each half. Sloppy goals conceded and you’re just asking too much to keep coming back from 2 goals. Azeez took his goal well and Moore’s goal was excellent!

They need to do something about the defending as you just can’t ship shit goals constantly, guy sticks on in the top corner from 30 yards, fair enough, but these are basic errors. Saying that, I’d certainly rather lose a game like tonight than an insipid 0-1 with zero excitement, at least they got us off our feet!

Weimann ran us ragged tonight, forget that he’s a proper little player.

Onto Saturday and a chance to rectify it. I might be tempted to stick us in a few BTTS bets this season if this continues though :wink:

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 17 Aug 2021 23:39

3 games in and we have scored 2 goals in every match but coming away with only one win shows us were the problems lie. The first two goals were easily avoidable today, I see people blaming zonal marking but if the ball is in your zone your suppose to react to it and we didn’t. On the plus side our first goal was a lovely move and does give me some hope and great to see Azeez with another goal. Get this guy tied down to a new deal.

Fingers crossed we can get the wins for a mid table finish and a better balance sheet at the end of it. (It’s a bit sad that this is what football has become this season]

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Aug 2021 23:42

Westwood52 At least they showed a bit of fight at the end; however somebody didn’t do their homework for the first two goals and I would struggle to nominate anyone for MOM.If we haven’t got a LB in by Saturday,then Rino to RB and Yids LB.TDB looks very comfortable at this level and can easily join Laurent in midfield.The Striker situation is now a major problem however and I doubt we will find anyone available by the end of the month.

Enough of 4-3-2-1 !!!!!!

I would go 5-3-2 or 3-5-2

Cabral

Yiadom Holmes Moore McIntyre Bristow (Playing Wing Backs)

Bashiru Laurent

Swift

Azeez Puscas

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 17 Aug 2021 23:42

Yeah as everyone has said poor team performance. Azeez probably our best player? Puscas.. . I think its time to give up on him alone upfront, he clearly has. Makes you realise how important Joao meite and ejaria are. Swift struggled to do anything. Scary to hear the crowd getting frustrated like that this early in the season but it was understandable. When will our players realise there is no point switching the play if you do it slowly? Scared for us against the better teams but fingers crossed we can improve from here, its just the basics we need ..

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Aug 2021 00:05

Crowbar6753
Westwood52 At least they showed a bit of fight at the end; however somebody didn’t do their homework for the first two goals and I would struggle to nominate anyone for MOM.If we haven’t got a LB in by Saturday,then Rino to RB and Yids LB.TDB looks very comfortable at this level and can easily join Laurent in midfield.The Striker situation is now a major problem however and I doubt we will find anyone available by the end of the month.

Enough of 4-3-2-1 !!!!!!

Cabral

Bashiru Laurent

Swift

Azeez Puscas

We definitely started with three centre backs and Bristol as a LWB. We moved McIntyre to L B after about 20 mins

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 18 Aug 2021 00:16

One up front at home is a no go, especially Puscas.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 18 Aug 2021 00:22

After Saturday’s showing, I thought we’d dropped the tedious slow passing around the back four and at last realised that sudden bursts of speed broke down defences
But no, as proven by Sky sports stats tonight.
The back four had 374 touches, 271 passes , 1 key pass.
Puscas in 77 minutes - 13 touches 7 passes
Losing at home to a team on a 13 game no win streak doesn’t bode well.
So on to Coventry Saturday. Don’t mind losing if we play well, but that tonight was abject.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Aug 2021 01:03

There were a couple of good moments but generally we were really poor and showed very little quality. The worrying thing is that you'd look at our defence and defensive midfielders and we only have 1 player who probably wouldn't be first choice, and yet our defending is shambolic. Going forward we weren't up to much. So pedestrian, lots of sideways passes into blind alleys and tight spaces before eventually losing the ball. Very little movement off the ball. We were second best to most things all night long as well which is really disappointing.

Cabral 5 - Seemed intent with Moore and co to get us into trouble at the back, poor kicking (as always). Looked odd for their 3rd but did well to prevent the 4th.

Yiadom - 5 - A lot of energy but little to no end product.

Moro - 5 - Caught out several times, heavy touch and guilty of some pretty poor balls

Moore 4 - Less said about that the better, was a total liability all evening. Gets an extra point for the goal.

McIntyre 5 - Meh

Rino 4 - No real influence on the game

Laurent 5 - Looked to drive forward at times but not his usual quality and lost possession a lot.

Azeez 6 - Looked our most likely player, well taken goal but a few pretty poor touches.

Swift 6 - Only player that looks genuine quality but didn't get on the ball as much as he should have. A lot of sideways passing.

Bristow 4 - He's not ready for this level in his preferred position so to be asked to play higher up is tough on the lad. Well done on the assist though.

Puscas 2 - Waste of a shirt playing one up top.

----------------------

Not going to do subs as not much point but TDB looked decent and needs to start. Clarke didn't do anything but what was he supposed to? Why take off Puscas, why not play him off someone else? Why are we losing at home by 1 goal but not throwing the kitchen sink at it, is an extra goal - GD really going to screw us right now? More confusing Pauno shit.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 18 Aug 2021 02:23

Two things that should be apparent after today.

1) Zonal marking on set pieces must be scrapped

2) The club needs to go all out to sell Puscas and reinvest, if we're going to continue playing 3-4-3 there is no point f him being here anymore

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Aug 2021 08:15

Crowbar6753

Enough of 4-3-2-1 !!!!!!

Cabral

Bashiru Laurent

Swift

Azeez Puscas

That’s pretty much how we have been playing, except you’ve dropped Morrison and Rino.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2021 08:23

One observation that stood out to me from last night was on Azeez's goal.

Ball is crossed. Coming into Puscas to strike on goal, unmarked. Bristow tries to run in on it for a strike facing Puscas and effectively tackles him, though I'm not sure if either touches ball, taking it off his toes.

Luckily it falls to Azeez who finishes.

But WTAF is a teenage LB playing LW doing trying to take a shot off the toes of our only fit senior striker?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Aug 2021 08:26

Snowflake Royal One observation that stood out to me from last night was on Azeez's goal.

Ball is crossed. Coming into Puscas to strike on goal, unmarked. Bristow tries to run in on it for a strike facing Puscas and effectively tackles him, though I'm not sure if either touches ball, taking it off his toes.

But WTAF is a teenage LB playing LW doing trying to take a shot off the toes of our only fit senior striker?

Was the other way round wasn't it? Bristow teeing it up and Puscas nicked it off him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Aug 2021 08:28

Westwood52 The Striker situation is now a major problem however and I doubt we will find anyone available by the end of the month.

Well Reading have supposedly been looking for 2 years and they still haven’t got anyone and that was when they could spend a bit of money so I’m not expecting any good news in that department.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Aug 2021 08:28

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal One observation that stood out to me from last night was on Azeez's goal.

Was the other way round wasn't it? Bristow teeing it up and Puscas nicked it off him.

Not in my view. Ball coming straight to Puscas to swing and Bristow running in on it and stretching

Could be persuaded otherwise on rewatching. But that would at least make sense.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Aug 2021 08:33

CountryRoyal There were a couple of good moments but generally we were really poor and showed very little quality. The worrying thing is that you'd look at our defence and defensive midfielders and we only have 1 player who probably wouldn't be first choice, and yet our defending is shambolic. Going forward we weren't up to much. So pedestrian, lots of sideways passes into blind alleys and tight spaces before eventually losing the ball. Very little movement off the ball. We were second best to most things all night long as well which is really disappointing.

Cabral 5 - Seemed intent with Moore and co to get us into trouble at the back, poor kicking (as always). Looked odd for their 3rd but did well to prevent the 4th.

Yiadom - 5 - A lot of energy but little to no end product.

Moro - 5 - Caught out several times, heavy touch and guilty of some pretty poor balls

Moore 4 - Less said about that the better, was a total liability all evening. Gets an extra point for the goal.

McIntyre 5 - Meh

Rino 4 - No real influence on the game

Laurent 5 - Looked to drive forward at times but not his usual quality and lost possession a lot.

Azeez 6 - Looked our most likely player, well taken goal but a few pretty poor touches.

Swift 6 - Only player that looks genuine quality but didn't get on the ball as much as he should have. A lot of sideways passing.

Bristow 4 - He's not ready for this level in his preferred position so to be asked to play higher up is tough on the lad. Well done on the assist though.

Puscas 2 - Waste of a shirt playing one up top.

----------------------

Not going to do subs as not much point but TDB looked decent and needs to start. Clarke didn't do anything but what was he supposed to? Why take off Puscas, why not play him off someone else? Why are we losing at home by 1 goal but not throwing the kitchen sink at it, is an extra goal - GD really going to screw us right now? More confusing Pauno shit.

Agree with most of these ratings apart from Puscas. It’s not his fault we barely managed to get the ball to him.
Pauno has to take his share of the blame. We started so poorly with no intensity against a team in hopeless form. They were encamped in our half for the first 15 minutes.

Swift needed to drop deeper. Watching Moore and Morrison pass sideways all night was painful. Swift is the only who has the ability to play a positive pass to hurt the opposition.

Once again Rafael’s distribution was shocking and watching him and Moore get into all sorts of problems with shorts passes across the penalty box was so familiar. When will we learn?

Then there is Yids. It was a typical Yiadom performance. Get into a great position but refuse to cross and then take it too far and lose the ball. Rinse and repeat.

Agree we need to play two upfront and would drop Rino. He was very poor last night and offered very little.

With Joao and Meite out injured we really need a striker on loan.
Last edited by Zip on 18 Aug 2021 08:39, edited 1 time in total.