Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

When will Pauno be sacked?

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 13:41

As per title.

McDermolenko

Re: When will Pauno be sacked?

by McDermolenko » 12 Jan 2022 13:51

Posted similarly on another thread but feel as though if you aren’t sacked for getting comfortably beat by Kidderminster + embarrassingly smashed by Fulham then you’re hardly going to be sacked for much else.

I dread it but can see him making it to whenever he pleases if no action before Saturday by the club.

That is unless the wheels are already in motion and they’re lining someone up… Which again, I doubt.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 13:54

McDermolenko Posted similarly on another thread but feel as though if you aren’t sacked for getting comfortably beat by Kidderminster + embarrassingly smashed by Fulham then you’re hardly going to be sacked for much else.

I dread it but can see him making it to whenever he pleases if no action before Saturday by the club.

That is unless the wheels are already in motion and they’re lining someone up… Which again, I doubt.

Yeah I just saw that.

I'm beginning to worry a little.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 14:12

Someone posted highlighting his interview that he spoke with Dai “in the last month, and the month before that”. Without drawing too many conclusions on limited evidence, you could deduce that the owners have taken a more passive approach and aren’t prioritising issues at the club.

If that were the case, combined with current financial situation, then it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he just goes in the summer when his contract ends.

It’s inexcusable, but like others have said, if you don’t get sacked after this week, you’re never going to.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2022 14:21

Remember the time they gave Stam? Think he overstayed by about 3 months so “nothing to see here” isn’t entirely surprising but at least JS had built up a little “stock” after the playoff final. VP though has not got anywhere near that “stock”, so unless the finance issues stretch into management costs I can only believe the owners think it’s down to the injuries and it’ll all get better when Joao and Meite are back.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Jan 2022 14:40

If Dai pays little attention to results/performances and simply looks at the table then everything looks a little rosier:

POS TEAM PLAYED GD PTS
19 Hull City......... 24 -9 23
20 Cardiff City.... 24 -17 23
21 Reading *...... 24 -14 22
22 Peterborough 23 -24 19
23 Barnsley........ 24 -20 14
24 Derby County * 25 -1 11

A couple of wins, especially over the teams around us, and we'll be fine and Dai won't need to pay out to get rid of Pauno. Only if we slip/stay in the bottom three will he sack him.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 14:46

It’s now or at the end of the season

I suggest the owners will do the latter

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 14:47

Sutekh Remember the time they gave Stam? Think he overstayed by about 3 months so “nothing to see here” isn’t entirely surprising but at least JS had built up a little “stock” after the playoff final. VP though has not got anywhere near that “stock”, so unless the finance issues stretch into management costs I can only believe the owners think it’s down to the injuries and it’ll all get better when Joao and Meite are back.

We are way past that though, most clubs would have fired Pauno months ago.

As unlucky as he might have been with injuries and the situation behind the scenes, I think he’s still been extremely lucky to have a job.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Jan 2022 14:53

He won`t be sacked, if he survived the last 2 games it will take a catastrophe for him to get the boot, can`t see I'm getting a renewal though.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 14:57

CountryRoyal
Sutekh Remember the time they gave Stam? Think he overstayed by about 3 months so “nothing to see here” isn’t entirely surprising but at least JS had built up a little “stock” after the playoff final. VP though has not got anywhere near that “stock”, so unless the finance issues stretch into management costs I can only believe the owners think it’s down to the injuries and it’ll all get better when Joao and Meite are back.

As unlucky as he might have been with injuries and the situation behind the scenes, I think he’s still been extremely lucky to have a job.

Agreed,

Mitigations just prolonged what many of us could see last season anyway - they saved him. It's not like he was amazing, mitigations screwed him over and now we need patience. It's more a case of he was shite, mitigations prolonged things (and idiots like me fell for it) longer than they should have, but actually they just provided excuses to paper over the cracks: he's just out of his depth.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Jan 2022 15:11

Millsy
CountryRoyal

Agreed,

Mitigations just prolonged what many of us could see last season anyway - they saved him. It's not like he was amazing, mitigations screwed him over and now we need patience. It's more a case of he was shite, mitigations prolonged things (and idiots like me fell for it) longer than they should have, but actually they just provided excuses to paper over the cracks: he's just out of his depth.

You’re a mitigation

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Jan 2022 17:56

windermereROYAL He won`t be sacked, if he survived the last 2 games it will take a catastrophe for him to get the boot, can`t see I'm getting a renewal though.

Just so that I can be clear, you don’t consider the last two games to be catastrophes.
Just checking

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Jan 2022 18:04

Disappointed that the club hasn't acted today. Don't see what value there is in dragging this out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 18:08

Think these things tend to take a little longer than people think.

Someone will actually have to get hold of the owner. Explain the issue. Then they'll have to negotiate a settlement and get their paperwork sorted.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 18:15

Snowflake Royal Think these things tend to take a little longer than people think.

Someone will actually have to get hold of the owner. Explain the issue. Then they'll have to negotiate a settlement and get their paperwork sorted.

Explain the issue? Just to clarify to the owners that losing to Kidderminster harriers and then seven nil is an issue?

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 12 Jan 2022 18:29

EddieRFC (behind many Reading leaks on Twitter) has said Paunovic did not take training today

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 18:32

SouthDownsRoyal
Snowflake Royal Think these things tend to take a little longer than people think.

Explain the issue? Just to clarify to the owners that losing to Kidderminster harriers and then seven nil is an issue?

He's having a clever pop at the Owners being so far removed from the situation they have no idea what's going on unless someone travels over to them, hunts them down and explains it to them face to face.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 18:34

McDermolenko EddieRFC (behind many Reading leaks on Twitter) has said Paunovic did not take training today

I believe he had an appointment at Specsavers.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 12 Jan 2022 18:36

McDermolenko EddieRFC (behind many Reading leaks on Twitter) has said Paunovic did not take training today

No-one took training today because they were all off...

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Jan 2022 18:42

hughsies no.1

No-one took training today because they were all off...

That was supposedly clarified that although the players would not be in for training the manager always is. And pauno has always been in the following day….