Convey here until summer 2009

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 07 Jul 2006 18:42

Convey appreciates how RFC have helped him settle in a new country and given him a chance.

Sidwell is happy to move around, no real loyalty perhaps? He after all did reject Brighton the second we were interested despite being their main man while on loan.

Mr Hoppy

by Mr Hoppy » 07 Jul 2006 19:04

Finch Royal
willz_royal Finch, to clear this up, what is your sexual tendancy?

Bobby loves Finch, bless him. :lol:

I think the correct term for his sexual orientation is

"Gay for Bobby Convey"

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 Jul 2006 19:21

Brilliant news for RFC and, as others have already pointed out, this is in stark contrast to protracted negociations that have taken place with one of his lesser talented team mates :?

I hope Bobby takes the Prem by storm in the coming months so that this time next year he can take his pick from several offers that will dwarf anything a certain midfilder will probably accept next week.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 08 Jul 2006 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 07 Jul 2006 19:47

I hope Bobby takes the Prem by storm in the coming months so that this time next year he can take his pick from several offers that will dwarf anything a certain midfilder will probably accept next week.

What? You hope Bobby leaves us next summer? Nooooo!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Jul 2006 20:12

Adrian's Fool

Misunderstood the point. Should Bobby reproduce the form he has then they'll be clubs sniffing around him no problems and I can't see anyone begrudging him a move bearing in mind he would have hopefully proved himself and at the same time we'll have made a nice profit.

Sidwell on the other hand thinks he's an already made Premiership star demanding unreasonable wages for a club that is unknown at the level.

WhatsTheSitch

by WhatsTheSitch » 07 Jul 2006 20:32

RG30
Adrian's Fool

Misunderstood the point. Should Bobby reproduce the form he has then they'll be clubs sniffing around him no problems and I can't see anyone begrudging him a move bearing in mind he would have hopefully proved himself and at the same time we'll have made a nice profit.

Sidwell on the other hand thinks he's an already made Premiership star demanding unreasonable wages for a club that is unknown at the level.

But wait... aren't there a number of Prem clubs sniffing around Sidwell? I don't know what they've been offering, but it may be that Sidwell is giving Reading a chance to match. Should Sidwell care whether or not he's proven himself in the Prem if he's getting offers from Prem clubs? Isn't it buyer beware, not merchendise beware??

That aside, I'm thrilled RFC will be staying with RFC for awhile - good for all!!

windjammer
Location: Now living down in Cornwall, but missing the Royals

by windjammer » 07 Jul 2006 20:45

moo Convey appreciates how RFC have helped him settle in a new country and given him a chance.

Sidwell is happy to move around, no real loyalty perhaps? He after all did reject Brighton the second we were interested despite being their main man while on loan.

Hopefully Sidwell now thinks "am I the odd one out here?". Convey is already a proven international with a World Cup pedigree, Sidwell is a promising but untried at the top level. If Convey is willing to settle for less than £18K a week what makes Sidwell so special. if Sidwell is worth £2Mil then Convey is worth double. Yes Sidwell has been good at Reading, but then so have all the other members of the 1st team squad, that's why we won the Championship by a mile. We don't want unhappy players at Reading, if Sidwell can't follow Convey's example we should take the £2 Mil and let him go. Even without Sidwell we still have a 6 man midfield to choose from (if Seol does sign), Convey Hunt, Little, Oster, Harper, Seol and Gunnarsson.

unleashedmaniac

by unleashedmaniac » 07 Jul 2006 20:53

WhatsTheSitch
RG30
Adrian's Fool

But wait... aren't there a number of Prem clubs sniffing around Sidwell? I don't know what they've been offering, but it may be that Sidwell is giving Reading a chance to match. Should Sidwell care whether or not he's proven himself in the Prem if he's getting offers from Prem clubs? Isn't it buyer beware, not merchendise beware??

That aside, I'm thrilled RFC will be staying with RFC for awhile - good for all!!

I guess you mean Bobby?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 07 Jul 2006 21:07

I'm thrilled RFC will be staying with RFC for awhile - good for all!!
I guess you mean Bobby?

Robert Francis Convey (scroll to the bottom for personal data). Sweet symmetry...

YorkshireRoyal

by YorkshireRoyal » 08 Jul 2006 00:53

Obviously no Premiership teams interested in him, so he had to sign a new deal.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 08 Jul 2006 01:08

YorkshireRoyal Obviously no Premiership teams interested in him, so he had to sign a new deal.

Boring as ever

turkish

by turkish » 08 Jul 2006 02:59

RoyalChicagoFC
I'm thrilled RFC will be staying with RFC for awhile - good for all!!
I guess you mean Bobby?

Robert Francis Convey (scroll to the bottom for personal data). Sweet symmetry...

Quite right.. On the US squad his nickname was "Backstreet".. apparently he has/had aspirations of fronting a boy band..

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 08 Jul 2006 04:03

YorkshireRoyal Obviously no Premiership teams interested in him, so he had to sign a new deal.

there's so many things i;d like to call you right now.

sadly, children use this forum so i shall refrain.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 08 Jul 2006 10:58

Spoken like a true Yorkshireman :roll:

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 08 Jul 2006 11:04

M Brook

Spoken like a true Yorkshireman :roll:

so the idea that he actually likes the club and WANTS to stay is not a reason for signing?
Weird

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2006 12:33

windjammer
moo Convey appreciates how RFC have helped him settle in a new country and given him a chance.

Hopefully Sidwell now thinks "am I the odd one out here?". Convey is already a proven international with a World Cup pedigree, Sidwell is a promising but untried at the top level. If Convey is willing to settle for less than £18K a week what makes Sidwell so special. if Sidwell is worth £2Mil then Convey is worth double. Yes Sidwell has been good at Reading, but then so have all the other members of the 1st team squad, that's why we won the Championship by a mile. We don't want unhappy players at Reading, if Sidwell can't follow Convey's example we should take the £2 Mil and let him go. Even without Sidwell we still have a 6 man midfield to choose from (if Seol does sign), Convey Hunt, Little, Oster, Harper, Seol and Gunnarsson.

Sidwell has been offered a deal by Charlton! He's hardly going to tell them to F off because he's at Reading who'll pay him significantly less than they will. If Convey had beeen offered £18k a week by someone else he'd be telling Reading to match it or let him go just the same.

Christ you lot turn quickly

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 08 Jul 2006 12:35

Ian Royal
windjammer

Sidwell has been offered a deal by Charlton! He's hardly going to tell them to F off because he's at Reading who'll pay him significantly less than they will. If Convey had beeen offered £18k a week by someone else he'd be telling Reading to match it or let him go just the same.

Why haven't Reading made a complaint for an illegal approach then ?
[/b]

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2006 12:55

Finch Royal
Ian Royal
windjammer

[/b]

Well I was under the impression that it was because he has a clause in his contract allowing him to talk to a club that makes an offer of a certain amount. Sidwell has definetely said that he would like Reading to match the offer he has received because he would like to stay.

simple enough for you Finch?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 08 Jul 2006 13:03

Great news. Quality player at a good age.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 08 Jul 2006 13:09

Ian Royal
Finch Royal
Ian Royal
windjammer

[/b]

Well I was under the impression that it was because he has a clause in his contract allowing him to talk to a club that makes an offer of a certain amount. Sidwell has definetely said that he would like Reading to match the offer he has received because he would like to stay.

simple enough for you Finch?

No need to be so f ucking cocky

I was simple asking a question you prick