NO LONGER A RUMOUR: Sam Sodje

158 posts
West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 12 Jul 2006 16:19

Coppell confirmed on Reading World that he expects to sign 2 more defenders (Sodje 1 of them) & a midfielder.

Expect Mensah & Whitehead to complete the transfer activity!!!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Jul 2006 16:19

West Stand Flash Coppell confirmed on Reading World that he expects to sign 2 more defenders (Sodje 1 of them) & a midfielder.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 12 Jul 2006 16:20

West Stand Flash Coppell confirmed on Reading World that he expects to sign 2 more defenders (Sodje 1 of them) & a midfielder.

i'd call that a successful summer :D
Last edited by Stooper on 12 Jul 2006 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 12 Jul 2006 16:21

Right&Royal

i'd call that success :D

Prefer a striker too though!!!

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 12 Jul 2006 16:24

Sorry to put a dampner on things but he didn't say that he "expected," he said he "hoped" to bring in 2 more defenders (one is obviously Sodje) and "maybe" a midfielder.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Jul 2006 16:25

West Stand Flash
Right&Royal

Coppell is not going to bring in another. I expect you're extremely angry and will be making rash predictions of being relegated by Xmas.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 12 Jul 2006 16:26

JS28ZoD

Sorry to put a dampner on things but he didn't say that he "expected," he said he "hoped" to bring in 2 more defenders (one is obviously Sodje) and "maybe" a midfielder.

Expected, hoped or maybe - All the same in football :D

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 12 Jul 2006 16:28

SpaceCruiser
West Stand Flash
Right&Royal

Coppell is not going to bring in another. I expect you're extremely angry and will be making rash predictions of being relegated by Xmas.

Not at all. When entering the best league in te world, you take what your given. I'm not expecting anything from little Reading, so anything more is a bonus!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Jul 2006 16:33

West Stand Flash
SpaceCruiser
West Stand Flash
Right&Royal

Not at all. When entering the best league in te world, you take what your given. I'm not expecting anything from little Reading, so anything more is a bonus!

I see steam rising from your ears when you're thinking about the possibility of relegation.

Hungerford Bee

by Hungerford Bee » 12 Jul 2006 16:34

FiNeRaIn Ill take him as backup, hes 27 and been in league one for a long time now.

2 seasons is a long time? Depends on your point of view I suppose. I.E. if Reading are relegated back the the Championship at the end of season 07 / 08 they will have been Premiership for a long time.............. :)

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 12 Jul 2006 16:39

SpaceCruiser
West Stand Flash
SpaceCruiser
West Stand Flash
Right&Royal

I see steam rising from your ears when you're thinking about the possibility of relegation.

Not really. Based on status, we are the smallest club in the league, so its obvious we should get relagated? right.....?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Jul 2006 16:43

Seeing that we have Aaron Brown (I had forgotten about him) I thought you might be interested in the view from down here in Bournemouth where he was on loan.
I didn't get to see him but views from people that I respect are broadly that he is gangly and cumbersome and that's at Div2 level.
Now I know that Sonko has been transformed from something similar but IMO it is rare.
Makin (another poster suggested he could) is no way good enough or big enough to play centre-back in the Premiership and the same comment may apply to Ivar.
So we have Sonko and now Sodje who Fulham were also looking at-two players with no experience at the top level and from what I have seen Sodje looks quick but erratic.
I think we still need another centre-back who would start ahead of all of these others and help to nurse Sonko along at the top level.
I am not a fan of Davenport so pushing the boat out for Mensah makes sense if we really do have the £10 million budget.
Mind you, he will still have to find his feet in the Premiership and (look at Boumsong and Bouma) they don't always make it over here even if they have looked decent elsewhere.
Curtis Davies is still at West Brom but may now be beyond our price range.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Jul 2006 16:46

Victor Meldrew Curtis Davies is still at West Brom but may now be beyond our price range.

Just a bit.

Harold

by Harold » 12 Jul 2006 17:00

Gordons Cumming
Victor Meldrew Curtis Davies is still at West Brom but may now be beyond our price range.

Just a bit.

He take all our £10 million budget and we've already spent some!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 12 Jul 2006 17:08

Victor Meldrew Seeing that we have Aaron Brown (I had forgotten about him) I thought you might be interested in the view from down here in Bournemouth where he was on loan.
I didn't get to see him but views from people that I respect are broadly that he is gangly and cumbersome and that's at Div2 level.
Now I know that Sonko has been transformed from something similar but IMO it is rare.
Makin (another poster suggested he could) is no way good enough or big enough to play centre-back in the Premiership and the same comment may apply to Ivar.
So we have Sonko and now Sodje who Fulham were also looking at-two players with no experience at the top level and from what I have seen Sodje looks quick but erratic.
I think we still need another centre-back who would start ahead of all of these others and help to nurse Sonko along at the top level.
I am not a fan of Davenport so pushing the boat out for Mensah makes sense if we really do have the £10 million budget.
Mind you, he will still have to find his feet in the Premiership and (look at Boumsong and Bouma) they don't always make it over here even if they have looked decent elsewhere.

You seem to have forgotten Ivar?

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 12 Jul 2006 17:12

EASTENDER MARKY Could be a good signing if we could get him on the cheap.
Wouldn't want to pay too much money for him as I think we'd need to buy another defender as well as signing him as he's not really proven enough.

agreed but a good signing for 350K, provided we get a central defender with top level experience

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Jul 2006 17:37

Only one Trevor Morley
Victor Meldrew Seeing that we have Aaron Brown (I had forgotten about him) I thought you might be interested in the view from down here in Bournemouth where he was on loan.

You seem to have forgotten Ivar?

As you can see I suggested that Ivar may not be good enough nor big enough.
Personally I think this area of central defence is crucial to our survival as recognised last season by Wigan and West Ham who both invested in experienced and/or international defenders.

Rich@Eaststand

by Rich@Eaststand » 12 Jul 2006 18:30

Didn't Bournmouth play him up front in most of the games he played down there?!

YorkshireRoyal

by YorkshireRoyal » 12 Jul 2006 20:14

Never heard of him. Presumably he's rubbish as he's a League 1 player, not the sort of player we should be targetting. A waste of money.

Still 7 new signings required.

rfcfan13

by rfcfan13 » 12 Jul 2006 20:18

So you've never heard of him, but you think he's rubbish. :/

158 posts