For every yob we get rid of, we gain a family of four

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

For every yob we get rid of, we gain a family of four

by TFF » 14 Jul 2006 09:54

The Chronicle

One club policy which Mr Booth said had proved successful was to bar entry to anyone badly behaved or drunk. Those fans he said, tended to be better behaved on subsequent visits.

Though bad behaviour is rare, CCTV allows for every person to be captured by cameras and if anyone steps out of line, the policy now is not now to charge in with large numbers of stewards but to pass descriptions to stewards so offenders can be watched and then located elsewhere such as on the concourses. Warnings are issued but the ultimate sanction is a banning order.

Today's good-natured crowds, said Mr Booth, were due at least in part to one of the club's philosophies.

"For every yob we get rid of, we gain a family of four," he said.

Four yobs?

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 14 Jul 2006 10:04

In other words:
Get rid of a passionate fan, and bring in four plastics. :roll:

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 14 Jul 2006 10:15

I know the seats at the Madstad are generous in their proportions but 4 people? :shock:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Jul 2006 10:23

I too wondered at this. Does this mean that they prefer people who sit still and not make too much noise?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Jul 2006 10:33

SpaceCruiser I too wondered at this. Does this mean that they prefer people who sit still and not make too much noise?

No they prefer poeple who behave themsleves and don't spoil the match for others.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Jul 2006 17:37

SpaceCruiser I too wondered at this. Does this mean that they prefer people who sit still and not make too much noise?

Having literally been warned by a steward for 'shouting too much' (no accusation of swearing or any other unacceptable behaviour), I think they do!! :evil:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jul 2006 19:13

One yob out, a familly of 4 in..... presumably all sharing one seat?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 14 Jul 2006 20:13

Forbury Lion One yob out, a familly of 4 in..... presumably all sharing one seat?

Apparently RFC share Ian Wright's love for "little people" and instead of increasing the capacity of the stadium they're only going to sell tickets to families of midgets (I'm sure that's not very PC!).

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 14 Jul 2006 21:07

EASTENDER MARKY In other words:

Exactly, good old fashioned piss up at football is what Saturday's where made for.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 14 Jul 2006 21:13

Finch Royal
EASTENDER MARKY In other words:

Exactly, good old fashioned piss up at football is what Saturday's where made for.

But that might ruin the "family" atmosphere :roll:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 14 Jul 2006 22:42

Swindon v Reading will be entrapment. All part of the plastic led marshall law enforcement on standing, swearing, and heaven forbid, not being completely sober at a football match.
So thats how they would have convinced the police to let it go ahead. 3pm on a Sat? hmmmm. Prime agro fixture "where we can round them up like cattle"
There probably isn't even a football match on...Just loads of undercover pretending to be Swindon fans and countless industrial flash bulb cameras.
OK.. might be getting carried away now.. but all this P.C. at football is w@nk.

Tilehurst Road
Location: And yeah I'd like to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from wok-ingham

by Tilehurst Road » 15 Jul 2006 01:50

Skin Swindon v Reading will be entrapment. All part of the plastic led marshall law enforcement on standing, swearing, and heaven forbid, not being completely sober at a football match.
So thats how they would have convinced the police to let it go ahead. 3pm on a Sat? hmmmm. Prime agro fixture "where we can round them up like cattle"
There probably isn't even a football match on...Just loads of undercover pretending to be Swindon fans and countless industrial flash bulb cameras.
That's my theory behind the fixture too.

Also, how can the club moan when fans are drunk when they sell alcohol on site? Surely a contradiction in policy here?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Jul 2006 07:42

Tilehurst Road
Skin Swindon v Reading will be entrapment. All part of the plastic led marshall law enforcement on standing, swearing, and heaven forbid, not being completely sober at a football match.

Also, how can the club moan when fans are drunk when they sell alcohol on site? Surely a contradiction in policy here?

Yea, that is a good point

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 15 Jul 2006 08:34

bobby1413
Tilehurst Road

Not really. The principle is no different from a that of a public house where the landlord has every right to eject those who have over-indulged. I think there is an expectation that fans will exhibit a certain amount of self-control.

I'd also like to point out, in a very high and mighty and far better than thou tone, that the club are well within their rights to eject all under-age drinkers.

I of course have never behaved in this fashion and am therefore perfectly placed to sermonise on the topic. :wink:

Tilehurst Road
Location: And yeah I'd like to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from wok-ingham

by Tilehurst Road » 15 Jul 2006 23:37

shadesrwrf
bobby1413
Tilehurst Road

Not really. The principle is no different from a that of a public house where the landlord has every right to eject those who have over-indulged. I think there is an expectation that fans will exhibit a certain amount of self-control.

I'd also like to point out, in a very high and mighty and far better than thou tone, that the club are well within their rights to eject all under-age drinkers.

I of course have never behaved in this fashion and am therefore perfectly placed to sermonise on the topic. :wink:
What about if the substances have been consumed off site?

Shades; making Madejski Stadium sound like The Matrix :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2006 13:06

Tilehurst Road
shadesrwrf
bobby1413
Tilehurst Road

What about if the substances have been consumed off site?

Shades; making Madejski Stadium sound like The Matrix :lol:

If you're drunk they have the right to eject you regardless of whether your underage or drank the booze offsight. Frankly the less pissed up rowdy teenage tossers the better. Nothing wrong with a couple to loosen up the vocal cords as long as your legal, of course.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 16 Jul 2006 13:15

I dont see it as any different to going out to the pub. The vast majority can go out have a few beers, enjoy themselves and behave, but there will always be a few who become pains in the ars* and spoil it for everyone else.

Those people get warned, and if they dont rein it in get barred. Same at Madstad, have a beer, have a sing, get behind your team but be a pain in the ars* and ruin other peoples enjoyment of the game you are out.

Seems pretty sane to me?

But charging a family of four for four season tickets and delivering one seat is completely unacceptable :evil:

Tilehurst Road

by Tilehurst Road » 16 Jul 2006 20:14

firstdivision I dont see it as any different to going out to the pub. The vast majority can go out have a few beers, enjoy themselves and behave, but there will always be a few who become pains in the ars* and spoil it for everyone else.

Those people get warned, and if they dont rein it in get barred. Same at Madstad, have a beer, have a sing, get behind your team but be a pain in the ars* and ruin other peoples enjoyment of the game you are out.
How do you interpretate ruining people's enjoyment of the game? For some that is sparking an all out riot, for some it's merely singing a few songs.

And what happens if the 'yobs' in question are sober; does that make it more acceptable to the club ?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Jul 2006 21:49

Tilehurst Road How do you interpretate

You are George W Bush AICMFP.