Signings are not good enough

124 posts
refwinter

Signings are not good enough

by refwinter » 15 Jul 2006 16:33

Lets face it,our signings so far are hardly going to strike the fear of God in to any premiership team. Some Korean guy who is 27 and another low division 27yr old defender.

The fact we could lose Sidwell is a joke. Lets hope we are not another Sunderland

Coppelloadofthat
Location: You can do better than me, but I can't do better than you.

by Coppelloadofthat » 15 Jul 2006 16:33

Goodbye

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 15 Jul 2006 16:35

I bet you were moaning last season about signing a couple of unknown Irish kids, a Watford reject and an over rated bloke from Bristol :roll:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Signings are not good enough

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Jul 2006 16:37

refwinter Lets face it,our signings so far are hardly going to strike the fear of God in to any premiership team. Some Korean guy who is 27 and another low division 27yr old defender.

The fact we could lose Sidwell is a joke. Lets hope we are not another Sunderland

I think you'll find the joke is a little closer to home.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2006 16:43

"Refwinter's a wnaker!
Refwinter's a wnaker!"

D'ya see what I did there? Eh? Eh?

Get lost, the fish in this pond are to big for you to cope with me lad.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 15 Jul 2006 16:43

refwinter Lets face it,our signings so far are hardly going to strike the fear of God in to any premiership team. Some Korean guy who is 27 and another low division 27yr old defender.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Jul 2006 16:48

refwinter Some Korean guy
Glad to have your extensive knowledge of world football (and World Cup footballers) gracing the board. :lol:

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Jul 2006 16:49

606 Reject 606 Reject wooaah woooahhh

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 15 Jul 2006 16:49

refwinter Lets hope we are not another Sunderland

Lets hope we are, Sunderland won the league with 105 points then finished 7th in the Prem the next season. I'd settle for that!

loyal-royal

by loyal-royal » 15 Jul 2006 16:50

i think hes got a point i mean what is sodje going to do in the premiership we signed him from brentford harldy a premiership defender. not saying we are going to do a sunderland just think we need to get a couple of other defenders in.

bracknell_royal15

by bracknell_royal15 » 15 Jul 2006 16:54

loyal-royal

i think hes got a point i mean what is sodje going to do in the premiership we signed him from brentford harldy a premiership defender. not saying we are going to do a sunderland just think we need to get a couple of other defenders in.

Coppells said he plans to bring in another defender, Sodje will be a squad player as up to now we had basically no cover. refwinter is a massive idiot.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 15 Jul 2006 16:55

loyal-royal

Take a look at this. A reminder of another Brentford signing.

http://www.4thegame.com/club/reading-fc ... sonko.html

loyal-royal

by loyal-royal » 15 Jul 2006 16:56

bracknell_royal15
loyal-royal

Coppells said he plans to bring in another defender, Sodje will be a squad player as up to now we had basically no cover. refwinter is a massive idiot.

ok fair enough then and you all say refwinter is idiot so he must be. and wasent agreeing with his point was just commenting on transfers.

loyal-royal

by loyal-royal » 15 Jul 2006 16:57

RFCSinceBury1971
loyal-royal

Take a look at this. A reminder of another Brentford signing.

http://www.4thegame.com/club/reading-fc ... sonko.html

yeah who had a season with us in the championship i was just saying bringing him straight in to the premiership will be tough on him.

bracknell_royal15

by bracknell_royal15 » 15 Jul 2006 16:58

loyal-royal
bracknell_royal15
loyal-royal

ok fair enough then and you all say refwinter is idiot so he must be. and wasent agreeing with his point was just commenting on transfers.

I do agree with you if we didn't bring in another defender i'd be slightly worried but Coppell has said he plans to so I don't think we need to worry.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 15 Jul 2006 17:03

alad I bet you were moaning last season about signing a couple of unknown Irish kids, a Watford reject and an over rated bloke from Bristol :roll:

Was going to say excactly the same thing.

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 15 Jul 2006 17:06

It will be tough for all our players next season. Why the worry.

There were times once we could not hold on to our best player's. Those times seem to have gone. Any other season we would have sold Sidwell by now, but now we do not have too.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2006 17:28

RFCSinceBury1971 It will be tough for all our players next season. Why the worry.

There were times once we could not hold on to our best player's. Those times seem to have gone. Any other season we would have sold Sidwell by now, but now we do not have too.

To be honest I think thats rubbish. We haven't been a selling club since 95 when Shaka Taylor and co went onto pastures new.

Sidwell didn't go anywhere the last two seasons either did he! Unless you're suggesting that Hughes was our best player the season before last. Or Owusu or Morgan maybe.

Premiership hasn't started yet, plenty of time to make more signings. And if we don't we've got a decent little squad who won't embarass us against the big boys.

Gentleman Jim

by Gentleman Jim » 15 Jul 2006 17:38

At least this is a discussion!!! I thought we usually sold players TO Brentford, not buy them. I'm not suggesting we should be trying to sign Crespo or anything but wouldn't it be better to get players with Premier league experience that are riding the pine and want to play. Not oldies of course but maybe young guns at Spurs or Liverpool that may not get in the side, not through merit, but through not being a star name?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Jul 2006 17:54

Looks like it's time for old thread resurrection.....

124 posts