RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Signings are not good enough

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jul 2006 13:04

Royalee
SpaceCruiser
refwinter Lets face it,our signings so far are hardly going to strike the fear of God in to any premiership team. Some Korean guy who is 27 and another low division 27yr old defender.

The fact we could lose Sidwell is a joke. Lets hope we are not another Sunderland

F*CK OFF NEWBIE!

:lol: Nice one Spacey

Johnny Nomates (I can't imagine he makes new friends very easily!) has to keep up his post count somehow!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Jul 2006 13:21

RoyalBlue
Royalee
SpaceCruiser
refwinter Lets face it,our signings so far are hardly going to strike the fear of God in to any premiership team. Some Korean guy who is 27 and another low division 27yr old defender.

The fact we could lose Sidwell is a joke. Lets hope we are not another Sunderland

F*CK OFF NEWBIE!

Johnny Nomates (I can't imagine he makes new friends very easily!) has to keep up his post count somehow!

I'm sure I have more friends than you.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 17 Jul 2006 13:25

its the same everywhere.

not alot of people are happy that the blades have only bought in one gauranteed starter, big claude (and we may have paid too much for him) and a couple of players that will add depth to the squad and may challange for a start. But the fact remains that the players already there deserve a chance to prove themselfs - and your players were better than ours to start with.

for the record seol was quality against us and looked a very tidy player indeed

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Jul 2006 13:49

blade 1 its the same everywhere.

not alot of people are happy that the blades have only bought in one gauranteed starter, big claude (and we may have paid too much for him) and a couple of players that will add depth to the squad and may challange for a start. But the fact remains that the players already there deserve a chance to prove themselfs - and your players were better than ours to start with.

Good comments, and we mustn't forget that there are a number of teams in the top flight with large expensive squads that seem unable to perform consistently.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Jul 2006 13:53

A Blades fan with sense, I knew there was one out there! ;)

I'm happy with Seol, less so with Sodje BUT if Mensah or AN Other is bought as well then having Sodje as a backup player can't be a bad thing. Would like 2 more players and SC has already said he's after them so again it's a case of waiting and seeing what happens over the next fortnight or so.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 17 Jul 2006 14:02

Sodje is a raw talent. Working with Wally Downes will only help, just look how much Sonks has come on. Seol was good against us at Molineux and looks like a good player.

there will be more signings, i think we all know that. we must trust Coppell, think of how we all felt when we signed Kitson, Doyle, Makin, Oster, Hunt and look at them now.

he has a great record in the transfer market

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 17 Jul 2006 14:11

gazzer, loyal royal Sodje is a raw talent.

:D

You gotta love fans using nonsensical pundit talk

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Jul 2006 14:17

At least there's one intelligent blades fan on this board, spot on.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 17 Jul 2006 14:27

soggy biscuit
gazzer, loyal royal Sodje is a raw talent.

:D

You gotta love fans using nonsensical pundit talk

:?

Nothing nonsensical about it.

For many, Sodje has all, or at least enough, attributes to his game that could see him play at the highest (or closer to than he was until now), and it's only a matter of polishing away those rough edges to make him a much more complete player. Sonko is the obvious example, because with him, we did exactly that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jul 2006 14:41

SpaceCruiser
RoyalBlue
Royalee
SpaceCruiser

F*CK OFF NEWBIE!

Better make sure you keep them then because you're unlikely to make many new ones with such a warm welcoming nature!

BTW do pcs and bulletin boards count as friends?!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Jul 2006 14:47

RoyalBlue
SpaceCruiser
RoyalBlue
Royalee
SpaceCruiser

F*CK OFF NEWBIE!

Better make sure you keep them then because you're unlikely to make many new ones with such a warm welcoming nature!

BTW do pcs and bulletin boards count as friends?!

I wouldn't want to make friends with people like you who are naturally negative and pessimistic.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Jul 2006 15:17

It's just the way Coppell is and apparently he's not exactly been clear with the board about who he wants to add to the squad. To be honest, I think if he got his way we wouldn't sign anyone now.

I guess it's all about faith, you could argue Coppell has too much, but I think between them, him and Hammond actually make a good partnership and I'm sure as with the Lita deal, Hammond will push Coppell into another few big signings!!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 17 Jul 2006 15:18

As some have already said the chances of us signing millions of pounds on one player just isnt going to happen as we're £10m in debt. But I am expecting us to sign at least 2 players (another defender, maybe one who can play RB and a central midfielder). However I'd like to think Coppell will give the current squad a chance at least until Xmas.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Jul 2006 15:22

The board are prepared to pay up to 6m for Mensah, the money is there.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 17 Jul 2006 16:03

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The board are prepared to pay up to 6m for Mensah, the money is there.

Really! I guess I shouldnbt be surprised we did bid 4.5m for Lescott after all. 6m does seem a lot of money tho, I know Mensah is an international but how much top level experience has he got?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Jul 2006 16:19

KC Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The board are prepared to pay up to 6m for Mensah, the money is there.

Really! I guess I shouldnbt be surprised we did bid 4.5m for Lescott after all. 6m does seem a lot of money tho, I know Mensah is an international but how much top level experience has he got?

Played in the World Cup

Doesn't get any more "top level" than that. :wink:

( yeah I know that guy Lawrence form Wrexham played too)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2006 16:40

Weren't we about £30M in debt a few years ago? thats a lot of the stadium debt we've paid off in that time, unless that isn't counted as it's owed to Mr Mad. In which case £10M is a lot all of a sudden.

Harold

by Harold » 17 Jul 2006 16:42

Mensah has a good footballing brain.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Jul 2006 16:43

Harold Mensah has a good footballing brain.

Just stick to talking about Honda's.....

YorkshireRoyal

by YorkshireRoyal » 17 Jul 2006 20:39

Not good enough? Talk about an understatement.

We may aswell have not bought anyone so far.

124 posts