Swift to Leeds

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Swift to Leeds

by John Smith » 18 Apr 2019 16:17

The Enfield Royal71 .
Hound According to SSN we are interested in Reece Brown from FGR. Plays in Swift’s position from what I can gather, goal scoring ACM

Don’t know too much about him tbh

Edit - just had a quick search round. 10 goals 11 assists for FGR this season. Just won a div2 player of the month. Looks a good player if quite slight

Fortunately for us all we have a resident Forest Green Rovers fan on the board! Care to share the large insight you have on Reece Brown from the many times you've seen him this season, Enfield Royal?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 18 Apr 2019 16:28

John Smith
The Enfield Royal71 .
Hound According to SSN we are interested in Reece Brown from FGR. Plays in Swift’s position from what I can gather, goal scoring ACM

Edit - just had a quick search round. 10 goals 11 assists for FGR this season. Just won a div2 player of the month. Looks a good player if quite slight

Fortunately for us all we have a resident Forest Green Rovers fan on the board! Care to share the large insight you have on Reece Brown from the many times you've seen him this season, Enfield Royal?

One of their top players, along with doidge. Very quick, tricky and too good for L2.

Bit of an attitude but nothing that Gunter can't straighten out

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Apr 2019 16:47

URZZZZ

Just like McNulty was :wink:

Think he was too short and too chubby. This chap looks too skinny too me. Maybe ok if beefed up

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2019 17:36

Seems an ideal candidate for low cost back up to develop.

But this sort of signing could suggest a lack of faith in the likes of Barrett, Frost and maybe Holsgrove stepping up?

Not sure I'd want him to replace Swift and Eja on his own.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Apr 2019 02:46

Snowflake Royal Seems an ideal candidate for low cost back up to develop.

But this sort of signing could suggest a lack of faith in the likes of Barrett, Frost and maybe Holsgrove stepping up?

Could be wrong but lower league punts never really seem to work for us, with the exception of "bench warmer" Le Fondre and I suppose Sean Morrison (but he never really fulfilled his potential until he went to Cardiff anyway). Probably missing out a couple of others but generally can't remember too many lower league successes

On the other hand, the number of flops is a lot bigger. J Mills, Akpan, Manset, McNulty, M Williams etc. And this is coming from someone who thinks McNulty has something to offer

I think next year will be make or break for Barrett. He's been bumbling around the scene since mid 2016. If he can't get a chance next season with FFP problems and a manager who likes to promote the youth, I think that'll be au revoir

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Apr 2019 10:22

URZZZZ

Could be wrong but lower league punts never really seem to work for us, with the exception of "bench warmer" Le Fondre and I suppose Sean Morrison (but he never really fulfilled his potential until he went to Cardiff anyway). Probably missing out a couple of others but generally can't remember too many lower league successes

On the other hand, the number of flops is a lot bigger. J Mills, Akpan, Manset, McNulty, M Williams etc. And this is coming from someone who thinks McNulty has something to offer

I think next year will be make or break for Barrett. He's been bumbling around the scene since mid 2016. If he can't get a chance next season with FFP problems and a manager who likes to promote the youth, I think that'll be au revoir

Kitson, murty, shorey, sonko etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2019 11:55

URZZZZ

The nature of the punt is that it'll be a low hit percentage, but the hits you get will more than make up for the many more misses.

Shorey. I'd argue Doyle and Long would count although from a different league structure. Sonko. Antonio. Kitson. We've been less good at it recently, but then that's because we've been focusing far more on over-expensive named mediocrity.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Apr 2019 01:01

Don't think Kitson was a punt. He'd been impressing at Cambridge for 3 seasons and had a burgeoning reputation as someone playing well below his true level. IIRC, we also took advantage of Cambridge needing money quick to get him on the cheap.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2019 01:03

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

The nature of the punt is that it'll be a low hit percentage, but the hits you get will more than make up for the many more misses.

Shorey. I'd argue Doyle and Long would count although from a different league structure. Sonko. Antonio. Kitson. We've been less good at it recently, but then that's because we've been focusing far more on over-expensive named mediocrity.

We’ve always bought from lower leagues. Butler another good example. Great player. Great look. Ooh he was gorgeous.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Apr 2019 12:45

leon
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

We’ve always bought from lower leagues. Butler another good example. Great player. Great look. Ooh he was gorgeous.

And he cost a lot of money for the time-£900,000??

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Apr 2019 20:46

Victor Meldrew
leon
Snowflake Royal The nature of the punt is that it'll be a low hit percentage, but the hits you get will more than make up for the many more misses.

The one thing we don't have is money.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Apr 2019 22:51

Lower West
Victor Meldrew
leon

The one thing we don't have is money.

He was gorgeous though.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Apr 2019 01:02

Open to selling anybody for the right offer, I trust the club to make a good decision this time round and for Howe and Gomes to actually spend it properly. Thank the Lord Gourlay took the hint and buggered off before January.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 23 Apr 2019 11:52

linkenholtroyal
Royal Bison
paultheroyal
Agreed

Sorry for repeating an earlier comment made, but just cannot see any of those three wanting to sign for us permanently anyway so it's meaningless

always look on the bright side of life do do do do do do do

Nothing to do with being pessimistic, just being realistic and not looking at it through RTGs