#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2765 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: #SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2024 15:27

Clyde1998
Mr Angry
Clyde1998 Based on the 2023-24 leagues (and notional results for the new boundaries used in 2024): Lab 55; Con 37; Oth 0.

As you say, the urban nature of the locations of football clubs will lead to Labour being more likely to win seats with a football club located in it in most elections.

As an aside, I think most clubs are also in different constituencies - Chelsea and Fulham are the only two clubs I can think of which end up in the same constituency as each other (the aptly named Chelsea and Fulham constituency).

I checked - Everton and Liverpool are in the same constituency; Liverpool Walton.

Are they? I thought Liverpool was in Liverpool Riverside and Everton in Walton. That could've been the old boundaries though.

Would be interesting to know if there are any others. Nottm Forest-Notts County was one that came to mind, but Forest are in Rushcliffe and Notts County are in Nottingham South (the boundary being the Trent).

Cambridge Utd and Cambridge City, assuming the latter is still going. Although they're firmly NL if so.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jul 2024 18:18

Clyde1998
Mr Angry
Clyde1998 Based on the 2023-24 leagues (and notional results for the new boundaries used in 2024): Lab 55; Con 37; Oth 0.

As you say, the urban nature of the locations of football clubs will lead to Labour being more likely to win seats with a football club located in it in most elections.

As an aside, I think most clubs are also in different constituencies - Chelsea and Fulham are the only two clubs I can think of which end up in the same constituency as each other (the aptly named Chelsea and Fulham constituency).

I checked - Everton and Liverpool are in the same constituency; Liverpool Walton.

Are they? I thought Liverpool was in Liverpool Riverside and Everton in Walton. That could've been the old boundaries though.

This is true but when Everton move to Bramley Moor, they will both be in Riverside.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 24 Jul 2024 21:53

From Despair To Where?
Clyde1998
Mr Angry

This is true but when Everton move to Bramley Moor, they will both be in Riverside.

I've now got a full list for the top five English leagues and top four Scottish leagues.

As you say, Everton's move will return them to being in the same constituency as Liverpool and return them to being one of two sets of clubs sharing a constituency in England. I thought there'd be more pairs when adding the National League, but evidently not.

There are seven constituencies in Scotland with two clubs: Aberdeen North (Aberdeen and Cove Rangers); Alloa and Grangemouth (Alloa and Stenhousemuir); Angus and Perthshire Glens (Forfar and Montrose); Dumfries and Galloway (Queen of the South and Stranraer); Dundee Central (Dundee and Dundee Utd); Edinburgh East and Musselburgh (Edinburgh City and Hibernian); Glenrothes and Mid Fife (East Fife and Kelty Hearts).

Just for reference, the full list of clubs by 2024-25 division coloured by 2024 constituency winner (teams in bold are in the same constituency as another team; the small coloured column is how that constituency voted in 2019):

[Key: Conservatives in mid-blue; Labour in red; Lib Dem in orange; Reform in light blue; SNP in yellow; independents in mauve].

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 26 Jul 2024 23:54

Snowflake Royal Cambridge Utd and Cambridge City, assuming the latter is still going. Although they're firmly NL if so.

..yup City still going and now back south in Isthmian League One (North) - having had 3 distinctly underwhelming seasons oop in't Northern Premier (D1 Midland) :? - but currently 'lodging' at St Ives.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Jul 2024 07:27

Clyde1998
From Despair To Where?
Clyde1998 Are they? I thought Liverpool was in Liverpool Riverside and Everton in Walton. That could've been the old boundaries though.

I've now got a full list for the top five English leagues and top four Scottish leagues.

As you say, Everton's move will return them to being in the same constituency as Liverpool and return them to being one of two sets of clubs sharing a constituency in England. I thought there'd be more pairs when adding the National League, but evidently not.

There are seven constituencies in Scotland with two clubs: Aberdeen North (Aberdeen and Cove Rangers); Alloa and Grangemouth (Alloa and Stenhousemuir); Angus and Perthshire Glens (Forfar and Montrose); Dumfries and Galloway (Queen of the South and Stranraer); Dundee Central (Dundee and Dundee Utd); Edinburgh East and Musselburgh (Edinburgh City and Hibernian); Glenrothes and Mid Fife (East Fife and Kelty Hearts).

Just for reference, the full list of clubs by 2024-25 division coloured by 2024 constituency winner (teams in bold are in the same constituency as another team; the small coloured column is how that constituency voted in 2019):

[Key: Conservatives in mid-blue; Labour in red; Lib Dem in orange; Reform in light blue; SNP in yellow; independents in mauve].

Least surprising being Dundee and Dundee Utd given that the 2 grounds are located on the same street. In fact there's 3 grounds on Tannadice Street as Dundee Utd Women play at Gussie Park, across the road from Tannadice.

2765 posts